Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Motion filed to dismiss Roethlisberger suit

August 19, 2009

Advertisement

— A former Harrah’s employee has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit that accuses Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of raping another worker and alleges that managers of the Lake Tahoe hotel-casino covered up the assault.

Stacy Dingman, the former director of hotels at Harrah’s, is one of nine defendants named in the lawsuit filed last month in Washoe County District Court. She said she is the former best friend of the woman who claims the two-time Super Bowl winner raped her during a celebrity golf tournament in July 2008.

The 31-year-old woman said in her civil suit that when she reported the incident to Harrah’s security, she was told she was overreacting and that she should not pursue a complaint, partly because Roethlisberger is friends with John Koster, president of Harrah’s northern Nevada operations.

The woman’s lawsuit claims Dingman and Koster were among those who conspired to cover up the alleged incident. The suit seeks a minimum of $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger, at least $50,000 in damages from the Harrah’s officials and an unspecified amount of punitive damages.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.