Archive for Sunday, August 2, 2009

One transported to hospital after two-car accident at 900 Iowa

August 2, 2009

A man was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries early Sunday morning after being involved in a two-car accident.

The accident occurred in the 900 block of Iowa street near the Zarco gas station about 2:15 a.m.

Lawrence Police and medical officers were on the scene shortly after the incident.

The circumstances surrounding the incident were not yet available.

Comments

jayhawker85 6 years ago

I really like the LJ World's sensationalist take to writing headlines. Here I am thinking there are people seriously injured, and then I read the snippett.

Bravo, copy editors, or the person who wrote this headline. You got me to click on the article. Thankfully, the meat of the story includes that the injuries are non-life-threatening, had me worried.

shadowbox66044 6 years ago

You know, I'm getting tired of people coming on this side and dogging the writers or the editors about any little bit that they didn't like. If you don't like it, then don't visit this site. Your a waste of time and I'm sure your a real bore in the real life too. Ljworld.com - keep on keeping on!

RoeDapple 6 years ago

shadow,

coffee first, then post

;-)

Sharon Aikins 6 years ago

I tend to agree with shadow. Personally, I find it a good day when we don't have a lot of sensational headlines about unfortunate or bad things happening in Lawrence. Still, they have a paper to fill and some readers really do want to know what's going on in Lawrence besides the garbage where the posters can snicker at their own witticisms on someone else's misfortune. The first post just proves what I said. They felt "tricked" into clicking on the headline when it really doesn't say that much other than that there was an accident and someone was transported. Would they have been happier had someone been killed or seriously injured then? I've noticed that after a story about something good happening here, hardly anyone posts. We should be grateful for slow news days as it shows that our world is running smoothly, at least here in Lawrence. And for the person or people involved in the accident, it wasn't a slow news day.

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

I too agree with shadow. A positive story, letter or blog is lucky to get one post.

Jersey_Girl 6 years ago

The point of headlines is to grab your attention and get you to read the article. My personal favorite of late was the one that said Bush misses talking with soldiers. Made all us left-wingnuts jump on it only to discover it was about thing that Bush misses since leaving the White House, not that he actually missed going to talk to a group of soldiers.

ralphralph 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with the headline. Smitty ... I just try to do the math: logic over emotion. Step 1 - I know a lot of individuals who would meet the description of "A man" who might be driving on Iowa in the wee hours. Step 2 - There are a lot more individuals who meet the description of "A man" driving down Iowa in the wee hours that I do not know. Step 3 - It's overwhelming probable that the "A man" in the wreck was not an "A man" that I know. There, now. Is the coffee done. ... ... Geez, I hope it wasn't my "A man" in that wreck.

pity2bu 6 years ago

Well put all,

This is just one more paper for the urinal as usual....

I can see all you above agree on my thoughts.....

Glad I don't pay the money for this paper, if you want the real scoop you have to read the article in the Star, or the Topeka Capitol, as these papers are fair and unbiased.

alm77 6 years ago

Nobody said it?? REALLY?? Nobody gave the annual "Students are back." comment?? Wow.