Archive for Friday, April 17, 2009

Lawrence attorney suspended from practice

April 17, 2009

— The Kansas Supreme Court has ordered the indefinite suspension from practice of Lawrence attorney Andrew Piekalkiewicz because of multiple violations of the Kansas Rules of Professional Conduct for lawyers.

The decision filed Friday said that Piekalkiewicz failed in several cases to provide diligent representation for his clients, and had “converted client funds for his own use.”

He has also been disciplined in Texas.

Comments

Susan Mangan 6 years, 4 months ago

i'm guessing there will be politics in his future. He sounds perfect...sadly.

roger_o_thornhill 6 years, 4 months ago

What's the word? Disbarment? How crooked do you have to be before that happens?

Bud Stagg 6 years, 4 months ago

You have to steal from other lawyers, then they kick you out of the club.

manbearpig 6 years, 4 months ago

A lawyer can perjure himself. That usually results in disbarment. Or at least it worked for Bill Clinton.

Alexander Neighbors 6 years, 4 months ago

This Andrew Piekalkiewicz was involved in the Yellow house case against Guy neighbors and Carrie neighbors. The corruption is just starting to be uncovered. How long did these people think they could hold the Yellow house owners in limbo with out giving them a trial 5,6,7 years ? people are watching!

This is the same thing I have been saying for the last 4 and 1/2 years the Yellow house owners are innocent and there is serious corruption going on in their case. Its about time people started getting in trouble for this.

been_there 6 years, 4 months ago

Elrond - I second, third, and fourth that.

nsayshe8 6 years, 4 months ago

Andrew represented my son in a case - and hung him out to dry. In honesty - the work he did do was BRILLIANT. He just didn't finish what he started. It's been two years! since they were in court and the issue has yet to be resolved. Andrew's 'punishment' is for being in trouble for starting cases and not finishing them; For taking money and not honoring the contract (by not finishing the work on the case). And this article is misleading. He is in trouble in Texas. KS State law says if you're on probation (which is his current status in Texas) or disbarred ( which he WAS, but negotiated it to probation, in Texas)in another state, that it is grounds enough for KS to take away your ability to practice here. The only reason he's in trouble in KS is he didn't inform the bar here that he was in trouble in Texas. I'm interested if others IN KS have had difficulties with him. If so please contact me!

MrCitizen 6 years, 4 months ago

I remember growing up with Andrew; he lived in my neighborhood on Alabama street. He was a bully and I guess he hasnt learned much since then as he still sounds like a jerk. It's nice to know he is finally getting his own comeuppance.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 4 months ago

"Yellow house owners are innocent and there is serious corruption going on..."

This tired old claim, again?

I'll repeat what I wrote so long ago: corruption doesn't just "happen"; it has an aim, a goal, a purpose. For what purpose would the entire judicial system want to ram-rod Yellowhouse? Bribery? Influence? The "corruption" claim makes no sense unless motive can be assigned, which no one has done. Does the DA want Guy's weed stash?

bearded_gnome 6 years, 4 months ago

what I really want to know is:

how the heck do you pronounce this guy's last name?!?

yellowhouse 6 years, 4 months ago

Actually this lawyer was not involved directly in the YH case.

He was the lawyer representing Mr Bryant.

The man who found his guns that were missing from the Lawrence kansas police department evidence room up for sale in the Pawn shop on 23rd. street.

yellowhouse 6 years, 4 months ago

I believe he was also providing representation for a person that was involved in a lawsuit against the City, that involved the police department.

somebodynew 6 years, 4 months ago

Bearded_Gnome - I could tell you the way some of us pronounced it, and while a lot of people would get a laugh about it, the LJW would have a problem with that and I would be banned.

And legal things were the only things he was looked at. There was some alleged "innappropiate" actioms with females (adults) that were brought forward from what I heard.

yellowhouse 6 years, 4 months ago

I have heard people refer to him as pickelwhich

Alexander Neighbors 6 years, 4 months ago

OldEnuf2BYurDad:

Is the fact the FEDERAL charges were dropped not prof enough they are innocent ?

When have you EEEEEEEEver herd of federal charges being dropped in a Federal case ?...... thats what I thought never.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 4 months ago

that's fine Somebodynew, don't wanna get you yanked brother! I can guess! and I thought my last name was funny.

yellowhouse 6 years, 4 months ago

Time will reveal the truth about everything. Because no matter how much time go by, the truth never changes!

lawthing 6 years, 4 months ago

He was disbarred in 2007 also, but got it reversed on apeal.

purplesage 6 years, 4 months ago

So . . . a lawyer who diverts clients' funds to personal use gets suspended from practice. A client of that same lawyer who diverts someone else's funds to to his own use gets charged with theft, robbery, burg lary, embezzlement etc.. This is justice. Not.

nsayshe8 6 years, 4 months ago

So, why don't we stick to the facts. There are no allegations of inappropriate actions with women. Nothing to do with 'yellow house'. I even misinformed in my last posting - 2 of the 3 cases that got Andrew dismissed are in TX. One is in KS. Here's the findings:

pace 6 years, 4 months ago

As usual anyone who thinks that yellow house was hosed is hosed and attacked. little cyber bullies can't ever let it alone. I think they are craven.