Archive for Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Women who took furniture with permission asked to contact police

April 7, 2009

A man wants to talk with two women who took a piece of his furniture, and Lawrence police are enlisted in the search.

“The subjects have not committed any crime and asked permission before they took the furniture,” Sgt. Bill Cory said. “After the furniture was gone the owner realized he had left some personal property in the furniture. The owner would just like to get the personal property back.”

Anyone with information about the two women, the furniture or anything else that might help in the search is asked to contact the police department at 832-7509.

Police say the women took the furniture between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. March 30 from the 300 block of West 23rd Street.

Police describe the women — who were in a newer vehicle, possibly a Toyota Venza, with Kansas tags — as:

• A white female in her 40s, with brown hair and a large flower tattoo on her right arm and shoulder.

• A white female in her 20s, with blonde hair and a pierced lip and a large tattoo on her right calf.

“Again, the two subjects have not committed any crimes,” Cory said. “The police department is just trying to assist the owner in getting his personal property back.”

Comments

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 5 months ago

Dude, could the details be a little more sketchy? Can't they at least tell us what the piece of furniture is?

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 5 months ago

I don't know what the big fuss is about. If this guy was a professional, he would have stashed a few more Playboys around the house.

trinity 5 years, 5 months ago

yeah autie and the cousin is a cracker.

SofaKing 5 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, I keep my passport in my couch.

a) I can't believe Lawrence Police would get involved b) I can't believe this made the news on the earth's most award-winning website c) I can't believe I'm writing this

HermioneElliott 5 years, 5 months ago

I think we are all trapped in an endless Saturday Live skit/Groundhog Day loop. I just don't get it. If nothing illegal has been done, why, oh, why are the police involved? I think something is not being told. Can we have some guesses as to what you could hide in a sofa that would be that important? Overdue video?

Nickie1033 5 years, 5 months ago

Just to clarify with everyone, the person searching for a very valueable item that he placed in what he and several other people have used as a safe spot is disabled. That is why the police are involved. The smartest option to reach out to these unknown women was the newspaper. Anyone know that saying be a good citizen, or put yourself in someone elses shoes. I could understand everyones doubtfulness if it was a normal minded person. He has mental disabilities and I hope that he retrieves this item.... Does this help anyone? I hope so. If it's not worth anyones time, then why are we taking the time to blog about it? I guess that's a good question that I wouldn't be suprised to get an answer to! haha Thanks for the posts!

murphy43 5 years, 5 months ago

Once again I am disgusted after reading the comments from community members in Lawrence Kansas. I have noticed when a story hits wether it be a wreck, robbery, stabbing, killing, high speed chase etc. There is usually a group who has to put their 2 cents in. It is fine that comments are made. However you would think that people would be more respectful. What happened to our community pulling together? It doesn't matter what the piece of furniture was. It doesn't matter what was left in the furniture. What matters is the 2 women who asked for the furniture knows exactly what the person forgot to get out. Turn the table ladies, what if it happened to you? It's simple go back and return the forgotten or contact the police as requested.

Do you really think if it was just a overdue video or a playboy there would be a story? Come on wake up Lawrence, Kansas. I know this person and want to see him smile. Please make his day and return the item. Remember this could have happened to any of us!

bigdave 5 years, 5 months ago

Good luck getting your cash back next time use a bank!!!

bigdave 5 years, 5 months ago

I take that back! I don't know about banks anymore.

Nickie1033 5 years, 5 months ago

big dave... Disablilty benefits exceeding $2,000 can't stay in the bank.... Look into it.