A Douglas County judge hasn’t yet decided whether major expansion plans for a new football field and other athletics facilities at Lawrence High School can proceed while a lawsuit in opposition to the project makes its way through court.
District Judge Michael Malone said Friday that he hoped to make a ruling on a temporary injunction for the project early this week. Malone’s court assistant said the judge hasn’t had time to issue the ruling because he’s presiding over a murder trial.
Malone issued a temporary restraining order for the project earlier this month. He’ll now decide whether the restrictions will be kept in place, lifted or altered during litigation.
A lawsuit has been filed by the Centennial Neighborhood Association and several neighbors trying keep Lawrence Public Schools from moving forward with the project at LHS, 1901 La.