Archive for Sunday, November 16, 2008

Election prompts ‘hundreds’ of race threats, crimes

November 16, 2008

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

One was in Snellville, Ga., where Denene Millner said a boy on the school bus told her 9-year-old daughter the day after the election: "I hope Obama gets assassinated." That night, someone trashed her sister-in-law's front lawn, mangled the Obama lawn signs, and left two pizza boxes filled with human feces outside the front door, Millner said.

She described her emotions as a combination of anger and fear.

"I can't say that every white person in Snellville is evil and anti-Obama and willing to desecrate my property because one or two idiots did it," said Millner, who is black. "But it definitely makes you look a little different at the people who you live with, and makes you wonder what they're capable of and what they're really thinking."

Grant Griffin, a 46-year-old white Georgia native, expressed similar sentiments: "I believe our nation is ruined and has been for several decades and the election of Obama is merely the culmination of the change.

"If you had real change it would involve all the members of (Obama's) church being deported," he said.

Change in whatever form does not come easy, and a black president is "the most profound change in the field of race this country has experienced since the Civil War," said William Ferris, senior associate director of the Center for the Study of the American South at the University of North Carolina. "It's shaking the foundations on which the country has existed for centuries.

"Someone once said racism is like cancer," Ferris said. "It's never totally wiped out, it's in remission."

If so, America's remission lasted until the morning of Nov. 5.

The day after the vote that was hailed as a sign of a nation changed, black high school student Barbara Tyler of Marietta, Ga., said she heard hateful Obama comments from white students, and that teachers cut off discussion about Obama's victory.

Tyler spoke at a press conference by the Georgia chapter of the NAACP calling for a town hall meeting to address complaints from across the state about hostility and resentment. Another student, from a Covington middle school, said he was suspended for wearing an Obama shirt to school Nov. 5 after the principal told students not to wear political paraphernalia.

The student's mother, Eshe Riviears, said the principal told her: "Whether you like it or not, we're in the South, and there are a lot of people who are not happy with this decision."

Other incidents include:

¢ Four North Carolina State University students admitted writing anti-Obama comments in a tunnel designated for free speech expression, including one that said: "Let's shoot that (N-word) in the head." Obama has received more threats than any other president-elect, authorities say.

¢ At Standish, Maine, a sign inside the Oak Hill General Store read: "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool." Customers could sign up to bet $1 on a date when Obama would be killed. "Stabbing, shooting, roadside bombs, they all count," the sign said. At the bottom of the marker board was written "Let's hope someone wins."

¢ Second- and third-grade students on a school bus in Rexburg, Idaho, chanted "assassinate Obama," a district official said.

¢ University of Alabama professor Marsha L. Houston said a poster of the Obama family was ripped off her office door. A replacement poster was defaced with a death threat and a racial slur. "It seems the election brought the racist rats out of the woodwork," Houston said.

¢ Black figures were hanged by nooses from trees on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the Bangor Daily News reported. The president of Baylor University in Waco, Texas said a rope found hanging from a campus tree was apparently an abandoned swing and not a noose.

¢ Crosses were burned in yards of Obama supporters in Hardwick, N.J., and Apolacan Township, Pa.

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

I voted for the ticket that was only 25% whiter than Obama/Biden. Was that the reason I voted for them? Nope.

Windlass 5 years, 5 months ago

American Power StructureWhite/1776-2009.

Windlass 5 years, 5 months ago

This talk about white folks believing that their country is gone - I get all that - but every one of the American presidents has been white.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

Obviously, Keyes does not have the smoothness of BO. BO was picked by Axelrod to be a personality that would be very appealing, and he certainly is. Keyes speaks his mind quite alot and that, as we know, does not fare well in politics in the US. It's not about skin color, why do you say that? It's about a superstar image that was fine-tuned; a superstar with very questionable associations and motivations. Mostly for me, the liberal media is the real problem. BO has done nothing wrong----yet. I guess we'll see, huh?

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

You probably know better than me, right_thinker; after all, I'm still on my first, and only, LJW user account. ;)So... why don't you think Alan Keyes connected with certain voters the way Barack Obama did? Especially for those voters that, as you and OriginalCA suggest, skin color was their primary, and perhaps only criterion?

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

It went ok Ag. I don't know what they'll do though. I just gave them the examples of you violating user rules, that's all. Of course, we know how things generally work on LJW, don't we?

BuffyloGal 5 years, 5 months ago

Hey - why didn't this make the news last week in our fine paper? Jesus of Nazareth Has Departed Earth Forever on November 8th, 2008 ...http://www.laurabushwhitehouse.com/And all because Laura Bush wouldn't visit these prophets in North Dakota. Verily we are doomed!

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom Shewmon (Tom Shewmon) says:Who is right thinker?Alan Keyes has never been a real high profile black politician. Who even brought up Keyes in the first place, you Agnostick? And who says one black man has to be as good as another, you again Agnostick? I think your racism just took a peek._________right_thinker...Alan Keyes has been in the political game a lot longer than President-Elect Obama. Keyes has run for president at least three times. He's hosted a nationally-syndicated radio show... he's had his own show on MSNBC... he's started three or four web sites. Truth be told, Alan Keyes has had almost as much media coverage as Jesse Jackson.You and OriginalCA, as well as others, have asserted that a significant portion of black voters have voted for President-Elect Obama "just because he is black." I'm calling you out on your faulty logic, that's all.If the only thing that matters is skin color... then why haven't Keyes, Jackson, Sharpton and others succeeded in the past?BTW, how did your phone call to the LJW administrators go, concerning your threatening private messages to me? Or perhaps you still haven't gotten around to picking up the phone?--Ag

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

Who is right thinker? Alan Keyes has never been a real high profile black politician. Who even brought up Keyes in the first place, you Agnostick? And who says one black man has to be as good as another, you again Agnostick? I think your racism just took a peek.

Clint Gentry 5 years, 5 months ago

"Snaps" your one argument is from a case 15 years ago? Wow, and since then blacks have still been killed for their skin color? You are loosing cogency "snaps", keep grasping for straws to explain your racism away...

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Do you think the thugs that almost killed Reginald Denny would have balked at lynching him if they had had a rope?

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

TheOriginalCA (Anonymous) says:... These would be the blacks who overwhelmingly voted for Obama JUST because he is BLACK.________And again, I will challenge you with the same question that I challenged right_thinker:If what you say is true, then why didn't Alan Keyes do better in the primaries? Why wasn't he one of the last to drop out against McCain, instead of one of the first?After all, if one black man is just as good as another... shouldn't Keyes have gotten a bigger slice of that electoral pie?--AgP.S. right_thinker, is it even possible for you to slip any lower?

Clint Gentry 5 years, 5 months ago

Give me a break, "CIA"..."black racism against non-blacks is far more rampant than this alleged white supremacy", hmmm, let's see, whites lynched by black mobs = 0, blacks lynched by white mobs = 100's. Interesting statement "CIA" although not backed up by anything based in reality...by the way, El Rushbo called, said he wanted his talking points back...

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 5 months ago

Clint Gentry (Clint Gentry) says: "Racists"? You mean the republican base?==========================After working two years in Washington, DC and living the reverse racism that exists in the federal government, black racism against non-blacks is far more rampant than this alleged white supremacy. These would be the blacks who overwhelmingly voted for Obama JUST because he is BLACK. These are the same blacks who go around with raised fists shouting out against judging people by the color of their skin.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

If the white devil only had had a crystal ball all those years ago.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi-diddly-dee-dee, re-education camp for meOh, I'll give up my evil waysAnd I will sing the O'dude's praiseAnd I'll be out in 90 days.Hi-diddly-dee-dee,re-education camp for me.

Clint Gentry 5 years, 5 months ago

"I go now to punish myself for the sins of the white devils." - SnapsNo, simply recognizing it is enough, but you won't even do that though...

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

I go now to punish myself for the sins of the white devils.

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

Marion Lynn (Marion Lynn) says:"all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 10__________This was especially true in the case of "poor Luna"...

Clint Gentry 5 years, 5 months ago

"I would just like to know why it is a 'CRIME' when it is done to black person, but when a manikin that looks like S. Palin is hanging from noose in California in is called art ?" - hornhunterBecause Sarah Palin has never been lynched because of her skin color. Black people have been hung because their skin color, this is a hate crime, not a political statement as hanging Sarah Palin would be. Once you start thinking with your head instead of your "horn" maybe you will understand the difference.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 5 months ago

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 10

AjiDeGallina 5 years, 5 months ago

Actually, hornhunter, while an effigy of a white person does NOT have the same context as an effigy of a black person, the DNC and several other organizations demanded that the effigy be removed as well as the local democratic Mayor.However, I realize facts contrary to your point are inconvenient, so please, continue to ignore them or make up your own, it's cute when people are so desperate to make a point that they have to lie.

hornhunter 5 years, 5 months ago

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker aka I_cant_take_it_anymore aka Mr_Nancy_Boy_To_You (Tom Shewmon) says:"You've made that charge one too many times Agnostick. I've never sent you an email anytime, under any identityever. I'll straighten it out once and for all with LJW. Get your paranoid mind out of the gutter. I may state my case on this forum, but I don't visit any other blogs and I've never sent you a message-never, got it?"__________Again, please do take it up with LJW. I brought your threats to their attention when you first sent them back in May. Maybe if we both complain, this thing'll get settled once and for all. You with me?Meanwhile, I notice you have absolutely no response whatsoever to Alan Keyes, just like you had no response about the "Bradley Effect" (or perhaps a better name now would be "Bradley Myth" or "Bradley Anomaly" might be more appropriate).In 2008, voters of all races had two black candidates to choose from: Alan Keyes and Barack Obama. Why do you think one connected so well, and the other was so solidly rejected? The easy way out for you would be to sputter some uninformed guff about "Liberal Media," but Ron Paul had zero coverage from zero media of any kind, right? Even rejected by Faux News, Ron Paul still managed to raise enough money to get a blimp in the air, didn't he?So why didn't Mr. Black Conservative, Alan Keyes, make... the... connection?--Ag

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 5 months ago

Max, it looks like you were doing some research. Anyway, in addition to Muslims (including Obama, of course), we can add Mexicans (illegal or probably illegal) to the list of boogey men from which the Republican party, and only the Republican party, will protect us if we vote for them.If African Americans and Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Obama, then would it be a stretch to say that racists and members of hate groups are probably voting conservative? Why do I hear Republicans observing that if their party does not become more inclusive, then they will be an extinct species?

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 5 months ago

I don't think there is necessarily any hypocrisy in California Democrats. I don't remember where I saw/read it, but I heard that there is a very large Latino and black population in California who voted Democratic in the presidential election, but whose Catholic and evangelical faiths told them to vote 'yes' on Prop 8. And before anyone comes after me for this comment comment, it was information that I found somewhere else. I haven't investigated to see hot true or false the claim is.

max1 5 years, 5 months ago

"I'll straighten it out once and for all with LJW." -Tom ShewmonGood, maybe they can mail you at home. Which address should they use -- your Lawrence address or your Linwood address?Funny how the stock phrase used by right_thinker "Far Left Bush Haters!" is so frequently used by somebody who calls himself Tom Shewmon.July 22, 2007"Barack Hussein Obama, closet Muslim (denies), black man-ain't happenin' : I'm afraid you're out of touch if you think America will elect a black man to the highest office." -right_thinkerApril 18, 2007http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/apr/18/imus_will_return/To the editor:" far-left, anti-Bush agenda" -Tom Shewmon, LinwoodDecember 13, 2007http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/dec/13/reliable_estimate/To the editor:"The latest National Intelligence Estimate has the George W. Bush haters and the Far Left again in a state of distraction." -Tom Shewmon, LinwoodMarch 21, 2008http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/mar/21/message_hate/To the editor:"blah blah blah" -Tom Shewmon, Lawrence

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

You've made that charge one too many times Agnostick. I've never sent you an email anytime, under any identity---ever. I'll straighten it out once and for all with LJW. Get your paranoid mind out of the gutter. I may state my case on this forum, but I don't visit any other blogs and I've never sent you a message----never, got it?

Agnostick 5 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker (Tom Shewmon) says:"BeoB, I've seen you and your past ID's and submissions on LJW go into foaming at the mouth rants against Bush repeatedly, but never really seen a praising for BO. Are you a racist? Or did you merely vote against the GOP and McCain? I'll vote for a conservative black man, like Steele and others. Would you? I'm sorry that BO had to be a radical far-left fraud, that is unfortunate."********Would those "foaming at the mouth rants against Bush" that you allege at beobachter, be anything like the veiled threats of physical violence you sent to my email address, via one of your earlier assumed identities... in the immediate wake of the cancellation of your "right_thinker" account?America has had other opportunities to vote for a "conservative black man." Here's one example:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_KeyesBack on Saturday, February 9th, I went to my local caucus gathering. (I had changed my affiliation to "Republican" in January, solely so I could vote for Ron Paul; on Monday, February 11th, I changed back to "Unaffiliated.") After everyone had helped themselves to the usual coffee and donuts, we sat down for the presentations.Ron Paul's folks were first--they'd brought in a huge plasma HDTV, and they played a 10-minute video. Then, our local state representative spoke on behalf of John McCain... somebody else spoke on behalf of Mike Huckabee. I can't recall if Romney was still in the race at this point.Nobody from Keyes' campaign bothered to show up, but somebody from his campaign had faxed over a letter to the local GOP office. The moderator of the event decided to read 10-minutes worth of the letter, to keep things fair.I remember, after several minutes, thinking to myself, "Keyes spent about a minute (maybe the first paragraph or two?) telling us about himself, and why he should be president--but for the past five or six minutes, he's done nothing but lambast McCain."Given a limited amount of time to make his case for the presidency... he simply chose not to.In his letter, Keyes never offered a single idea or proposal for the economy, immigration, or border security.In his letter, Keyes never offered a single foreign policy idea or proposal... nothing about Iraq.In his letter, Keyes never offered a single idea or proposal for Social Security, or health care: nothing about energy, education, or infrastructure.See a pattern here?Question:If you think that people were voting for Obama, simply because of the color of his skin... then why didn't Alan Keyes have a substantially better showing in the presidential race?After all, wouldn't one black man be just as good as another? Isn't it reasonable to think that there are at least as many black conservatives/Republicans, as there are black liberals/Democrats?Agnostickagnostick@excite.comhttp://grassrootsindependent.blogspot.com

nomansland 5 years, 5 months ago

This kind of crap will only solidfy the Democrats come 2012. So if anything happens to Obama expect more hardship for the GOP, the party of hate and racism.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 5 months ago

I think the point that snap and Tom are trying to make is that the biggest percentage of the supporters of the Obamination in Kalleeforneeuh are hypocrites.

verity 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom, snap, what is the point you are trying to make? Are you saying that the behavior described in this article is acceptable?

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

How do you explain the fact that a majority of CA blacks voted for Prop 8? Are they all homophobes?

max1 5 years, 5 months ago

"it sure does seem like the Republican party likes its voters to be anxious and fearful of certain boogey men." -RedwoodCoasthttp://www.buzzflash.com/articles/election08/411Minnesota's Sixth Congressional District has their own mini-Palin: Michele "Mad Woman" Bachmann . . . On Chris Matthews' Hardball, she not only calls Obama anti-American, but she also insinuates that all liberals are "leftist, Anti-Americans." Furthermore, she wishes members of Congress would be investigated by the media to determine their anti-American views.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 5 months ago

There were a handful of anarchists who broke some windows in St. Paul during the RNC, but they are hardly Obama supporters, and most of what can be characterized as rioting was done by so-called law enforcement personnel against peaceful protesters.

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 5 months ago

Hmm... Bush and his buddies have been saying for eight years, "Look out for dem Islamic extremists." Be afraid of any Arab. Now that the conservatives in this country have lost the presidential election to an Democrat with an African father, we are supposed to be afraid of Obama (he might be a closet-Muslim!). This is just my own perception, but it sure does seem like the Republican party likes its voters to be anxious and fearful of certain boogey men. No surprise that these boogey men end up being the objects of racism from conservatives.

somebodynew 5 years, 5 months ago

Uh, RobertM - was I asleep for a couple of weeks or something??? I don't seem to recall any news organizations publishing articles about riots and vandalizing of the RNC. I do recall a couple of stories about somebody throwing bricks through a Democrats campaign office in KC though. Maybe I am more out of touch than I thought?? Could you provide links???

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

wow, where was all this indignant outrage when obama supporters were rioting and vandalizing outside of the rnc just a short time ago? once again the left seems to only see a problem when it's directed at them, but are happy to condone it when the target is a group they disdain. very convenient this selective morality seems to be for them.

persevering_gal 5 years, 5 months ago

Wow! I'm not even for Obama, and I think this is terrible what's going on in our country. I think everyone needs to grow up and see that the only difference is color. It's actually very sad to see this happening.

craigers 5 years, 5 months ago

I'll openly admit I didn't vote for Obama because I didn't like his policies but holy crap people why are you attacking him and blacks? This is stupid for them to act that way but very serious considering that they are acting that way and Obama isn't even president yet. This type of thing makes me sick to my stomach. Burning crosses and pizza boxes of feces?? Are you serious? Grow up and learn that all races are equal. Tom, why even question the credibility of the story being reported? It should outrage you first and foremost if this type of thing happens at all.

jaywalker 5 years, 5 months ago

Cliff: "Racists"? You mean the republican base?"Well, of course, Cliff. Everyone knows there's no such thing as a racist Democrat. How silly.

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom, yes I've many times posted against W's total incompetence. Never once has race entered into that. You, on the other hand constantly bring Obama's race and so-called muslim religion into the argument. Your racism shines thru constantly.

witchfindergeneral 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom Shewmon says..."As a matter of fact, I'm very excited about Michael Steele's possible entrance into the GOP chair... "So you're excited about an African American Republican possibly holding the chair of the GOP, but you don't support our Democratic African American president-elect? It seems you're all for racial/civil progress, but only in the Republican party. You're not racist, you're bitterly partisan. compmd, I agree. The KKK and other hate groups are terrorist organizations and should be treated as such: no mercy.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom, your posts speak very loudly, you are a racist. Worse yet, in your little compound in your Mr Mom role you are probably raising racist children, how sad for them.

max1 5 years, 5 months ago

"I'm not a racist." -Tom ShewmonApr. 24, 1964http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,870876,00.html?promoid=googlepAlabama's Governor George Wallace flew into Indianapolis last week in a state-owned Lockheed Lodestar decorated with a Confederate flag and the slogan Stand Up For America.In the only scheduled speech of his one-day campaign kickoff, Wallace told some 300 applauding Butler University students: "I'm not a racist. I'm against interracial marriages. I think the Negro race ought to stay pure and the white race stay pure. God intended for white people to stay white, Chinese to stay yellow and Negroes to stay black. All mankind is the handiwork of God."

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

I've said numerous times, I'm not a racist. As a matter of fact, I'm very excited about Michael Steele's possible entrance into the GOP chair, although I'd rather see him run for CIC. What will the left say about Steele? You guys are stunningly stellar superstars! Talk to me.

compmd 5 years, 5 months ago

If any organized hate group does try something against our president-elect, I would hope that the retaliation would be swift and vicious. We talk about being "tough on terrorism," so we should show it. I'm all about the 2nd Amendment, but sometimes, you just have to crush some mentally unbalanced civilians. Which means that although klansmen might have AR-15s, they really won't be much of a match when an AC-130 gets sent to obliterate one of their camps.

max1 5 years, 5 months ago

"Are we forgetting BO was praised and unofficially endorsed by the two of the biggest anti-semitic loons on the planet," -right_thinkerI guess that explains these results:http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2008/11/14/1000985/did-the-jewish-vote-win-floridaThe National Jewish Democratic Council did some number crunching, and found that the Jewish vote might have actually provided the winning margin for Barack Obama in one state -- Florida.http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3618408,00.htmlAccording to the data, 78% of the Jewish voters in the US lent their vote to Obama while only 21% voted for his opponent, Republican Senator John McCain.http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081115/NEWS09/811150356/0/NEWS01The Pew Research Center reported that Mr. Obama received 78 percent of the Jewish vote.____' ":a team of knowledgeable and competent people to lead this country:"Like the nose-in-the-public-trough lobbyists he's chosen so far? ' -snap_pop_crackerNov. 15, 2008http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/biz/6114001.htmlWhen Paulson took office in July 2006, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was near a six-year high and Goldman was selling at $149 a share, making the former CEO's stake worth about $485 million. . . Paulson came into office determined to use his reputation to advance an agenda that included easing regulation of Wall Street - citing concern that too-stringent oversight would drive investors to other markets - and an overhaul of Social Security to allow for taxpayer-funded private accounts.

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

tom, your racism is getting very tiresome.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

Is Potok credible? From this article:"Potok, who is white, said he believes there is "a large subset of white people in this country who feel that they are losing everything they know, that the country their forefathers built has somehow been stolen from them.""And in this link Potok says: "There has been a significant and steady growth in hate groups in America in the last six years. These groups are really quite tiny, and the total number of people involved in them is very small. I realize he is citing "hate groups" vs. "a large subset of white people yada yada yada" but the relationship is implied/inferred (to those who are not chugging Kool Aid).http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/antisemitism/voices/transcript/?content=20070621Are we forgetting BO was praised and unofficially endorsed by the two of the biggest anti-semitic loons on the planet, Amhadinejad and Farrakahn? Will Obama be a friend to Israel? Does his moveon and Wright and Louis F. connection make him a lover of Jews? You can try to tell yourself he is, if you need to.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 5 months ago

It's not acceptable behaviour from children, either, verity, but at least they have immaturity as a legitmate excuse.

verity 5 years, 5 months ago

I misspoke---it is not acceptable behavior from any adult, thinking or not.

verity 5 years, 5 months ago

Red_devil, you are correct that there is a lot of discrimination and bigotry directed towards all kinds of people who are different from ourselves and it is not acceptable.However, this article is about the threats and crimes directed at African-Americans in general and threats against Obama in particular.Anyone wishing for his assassination is certainly not patriotic and apparently does not realize the consequences of such an action. What is happening is not acceptable behavior from any thinking adults.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

devil, get ready for four years of that song.

red_devil 5 years, 5 months ago

I get sick of people talking about racism only as it pertains to african americans. There is plenty of racism directed toward other races and african americans are just as guilty. At the same time, just because someone doesn't agree with what someone else has said or done doesn't mean they're freakin' racist!

geekin_topekan 5 years, 5 months ago

Much fewer than I would have predicted.But just as ineffective.The fear party will be around for years.School children in Idaho?Shocking(not).The homestate of Det. Mark Fuhrman and headquarters of the Aryan nation.Whodda thunk?

Clint Gentry 5 years, 5 months ago

"Racists"? You mean the republican base?

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

"...a team of knowledgeable and competent people to lead this country..."Like the nose-in-the-public-trough lobbyists he's chosen so far?http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/14/AR2008111403922_pf.htmlHopenchange.

verity 5 years, 5 months ago

Obama is a very intelligent, well-educated, self-disciplined person who is trying to put together a team of knowledgeable and competent people to lead this country and to heal the ugly divisiveness we have had recently. It's very sad that so many people can't see past the fact that his skin is not white or that he is a Democrat.If he doesn't succeed, we are in a world of hurt. Isn't it better to work for success rather than drown in negativity?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 5 months ago

Sorry, snap, but your bad judgement and overwhelming state of denial in blindly supporting the eight years of BushCo Disasters is not a legitimate basis for your racist rantings against Obama.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

8 years of BDS has set the stage for ODS."For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."

Cooky_the_Cook 5 years, 5 months ago

All you racists had better watch what you type. The SS reads everything you post and hears everything you say...... you racists.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago

I can hear the beat of that tom-tom, to this day....

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 5 months ago

They could have also included a lot of racist postings and barely veiled death wishes/threats on this forum and many others like it.