Archive for Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jenkins’ husband files for divorce

November 11, 2008

— Just days after winning election to Congress, Lynn Jenkins is in a divorce proceeding with her husband, Scott Jenkins.

Scott Jenkins filed for divorce on Friday, according to Shawnee County records. The two have been married 25 years and have two children.

Last Tuesday, Lynn Jenkins, a Republican, defeated U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Topeka, in the race for the 2nd Congressional District, which includes west Lawrence.

Scott Jenkins' divorce petition states he and Lynn Jenkins are "incompatible." The petition requests that both share the care and custody of the children.

Comments

none2 5 years, 5 months ago

abcdefg (Anonymous) says:Lynne was very deceitful!! I heard the "man" she has been unfaithful with is Jere McElhaney!! Go figure!! two peas on a pod. GAG!!========================Shame on you alphabet!!!Conservatives, don't have affairs, they just have momentary lapses in judgment.

Koolaid 5 years, 5 months ago

Hey Lynn,You're hot baby. Shoot me an email. If you're not busy between now and the new session we should uhh just talk. Smokin!! Giggitti giggitti goooo

abcdefg 5 years, 5 months ago

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

Many politicians have maintained a happy marriage while in public life. Most are home with their family three to four days a week, especially someone who is serving as a House member. They also get several months in the year to be home with family. Administration is different, so anyone in that position needs to have a significant other that is independent and they need to have a very strong healthy trusting relationship. Nancy and Steve Boyda have a beautiful relationship, her serving in Congress did not take away from that, rather it enhanced it, he was very proud of her.

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

Igby... if you read the story that began this blog, or the posts that came prior to yours, you would know that Scott Jenkins filed for the divorce on Friday after the election. Just pointing that out, not trying to be anything but helpful here. :)

OzChicklet 5 years, 5 months ago

igby - "..Had Hilary Clinton, divorced Bill, American's would have shown more respect for her rather than viewed her as a political tag-a-long for power.."Maybe that is your viewpoint about Hillary Clinton's choice not to divorce Bill, but it certainly isn't mine.

CarterFaucheaux 5 years, 5 months ago

Save the sanctity of marriage! Vote Democrat!

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

I disagree with the Hilary statement. I believe they suffered a great deal personally over that matter. They did what any couple who truly love one another would in most cases do. He cried in public over it, if you didn't read his book, you should. Hillary has since become a great Senator and served New York and Americans well. Shall we not forget she also ran a very tough campaign in her vie for the presidency. She would have been just fine without him, maybe some credit here, she forgave him because she loves him very much. Seeing the way the two looked at each other after he spoke at convention, her with tears in her eyes, that was love, I don't care what anyone says. After 25 years though, there must have been more than infidelity alone. That is why I say Scott, since he is the one that filed (you don't make someone do that), there was most likely a deep dislike in her as a person. If your spouse gets elected to Congress, most people I know would want to share that with their spouse. If he did not, well...it's back to my original point. As I recall most American's were proud of Hillary for the way she handled Bill's error.

igby 5 years, 5 months ago

Perhaps it's not Lynn, but her husband who agreed to file, rather than he be a future problem for her political gains in the future. A Kansas "no fought divorce", filed by Lynn would be suspect, don't you think. Busy politicians have little time for keeping their spouse pleased and from straying. When your caught he should do the right thing and he did. Had Hilary Clinton, divorced Bill, American's would have shown more respect for her rather than viewed her as a political tag-a-long for power.

tallgrassconservative 5 years, 5 months ago

It is deceitful to portray your family in ads and get a divorce when the election is over. He wins because alimony is less when you wife is making a congressional salary. So now she is single and sleazy and ready for Washington. Way to go Babe!

dontcallmedan 5 years, 5 months ago

I think we need to have some congressional hearings to find out Tom Shewmon's history in regards to fellatio.

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

I agree, no one did need to lie, but they did. Backed by Bush who cost this state thousands of tax dollars to come and fund raise for Jenkins, the same Jenkins who spoke poorly of Bush. The RNC wanted Boyda out. They backed Jenkins and we all know what kind of smear campaigns they have notoriously run in their campaigns. Jenkins was backed by the RNC and that is what I mean when I use the term sleazy. I only hope that she serves our state well. As for the interview with Cates, we obviously are not on the same page, you and I. I agree with Nancy and if you do a little digging, she stated facts. Do you know how many jobs would be created and how those jobs are about the only viable way to save our economy, by using other sources and technology for fuel? ANWAR would in seven to ten years create roughly a two percent decrease in our imported oil. How far do you suppose those 600,000 barrels of oil would last our country, considering that some of that drilled oil would be exported? We can not drill our way out of what we face. We can continue to send our soldiers to die in wars over oil, or we can invest in new technology and create thousands of new jobs by doing so.

Centerville 5 years, 5 months ago

No one needed to lie about Boyda's record. Did you hear her Cates interview? Disaster.

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

PS...I do agree it is on both sides of the isle. We were discussing one person here, not the entire gamut of politicians.

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

My intent was never to embarrass anyone. The truth is, everyone here was speculating about the reasons Scott left Lynn. I happen to know all of these people and what they have and have not done while in public office, in regards to their public life. The facts I stated on Lynn's record so happen to be facts, as I said, look it up. It speaks volumes of her character. Nancy's record while in Congress and her life style also speaks volumes of her character. The wrong person got elected because she ran a sleazy lie packed campaign, period. The only speculative part was why Lynns husband filed, it is sad, it is also dishonest to hide that until after the election, as it is a speculation that he probably saw her true colors after 25 years and decided that he had no use for it. Maybe he is the one hurting. I feel bad for both of them, that kind of loss would be devastating. I have met Lynn on many occasions, she is not worthy of filling Nancys shoes - there is no comparison. Nancy, her actions and her work and the way she ran her campaign were honest and descent. She is an incredible lady with a lot of passion for her state and country and that is why she ran for office to begin with, to make badly needed change.

Emily Hadley 5 years, 5 months ago

I like Nancy Boyda, I thought she was a good rep. I didn't even look for the results, because I assumed she would win.Great to find out via this crud.

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

jenkins, another ryun, totally worthless

toe 5 years, 5 months ago

Who cares? I just want lower local and state taxes.

sowhatnow 5 years, 5 months ago

God forbid I might agree w/ Shewmon, but a divorce certainly isn't a left vs. right thing. But it also isn't a politician thing either. We're just more likely to find out.And as for you, cdcass... your ability to speculate about the reasons her husband might leave her based on her public persona is incredible. I encourage you to speak your truth about YOUR opinions of her, rather than hide behind what "your gut" tells you. Your gut may be right, but there's no way for you to know. Stop being an expert about others, and try to be one about yourself.And, FWIW, I'm ideologically on your side - so stop embarrassing us, would you?

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

First of all, who says I am left as you put it? Second of all you are all mixed up on the gay thing as you put it. Republicans strike out against it, yet several of the Republicans are guilty of it. Getting fellatio under a desk is better than getting it from a boy, or a man in a public restroom! Besides, Clinton didn't have our soldiers murdered in illegal war!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 5 months ago

Maybe after 25 years they simply grew apart, and..... . They waited until after the election for "political reasons"

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

It is not sad it was ever news. She best get used to that because she just so happens to be in the public spotlight now. Where she obviously chose to be. Her every move will be scrutinized. She scrutinized Boyda and chose to make up more lies about Boyda then to run on her own values. Did you who would defend, realize that she paid counties too much and in other cases shortchanged them? That money will need to be paid back, because she didn't know how to do the job she had prior - look it up!Just because an ad says Boyda walked out of a meeting, doesn't make it so - that ad was one huge lie. Jenkins took much of her campaign money from the Wish List, which promotes pro-choice Republican women for office - look it up! Even her "no new tax pledge" was a lie. Let's just see what she does for 2nd district, then we can put a good person back in that seat in two years, one who worked for the good of district 2 by providing $94,000 grants to roughly 16 police departments, taking pension away from convicted felons like Ted Stevens, and who worked every day diligently to help out Veterans, and why she gets passed upon - because she doesn't have an R behind her name. People just see the R and nothing else that person stands for matters in this state in would appear. Jenkins missed more meetings for KPERS than she ever attended as one of her duties. Too many people buy into false ad claims - it's very sad. You who voted for Jenkins, you will get what you pay for.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

I think you mean typical politician values, which includes: doing interns in a whitehouse broom closet and recieving fellatio under the oval office desk, drunk driving, anger management issues, smuggling guns into the capitol bldg, stealing documents, drug addictions, gay love affairs, mysteriously murdered lovers---the list is indeed endless.

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

Tom, the usual. Pursue pages, tap your foot in restrooms, divorce your spouse while they are ill, dump your spouse for more monied person you've been cheating with, and on and on. The list unfortunately appears to be endless.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

Why is the left so shrill about Jenkins? Didn't the loons get their fill of a week ago?

cdcass 5 years, 5 months ago

As anyone who is familiar with Congress would know, Scott would not have needed to go to Washington because Lynn won the election. My gut tells me he was either really tired of the two sided personality of his wife, which has a higher probability factor after 25 years, or maybe he or she were unfaithful. Her personality leads me to believe it was her. Or maybe he just got tired of her passion going toward something else and she didn't know how to manage both a husband and new career. Or maybe, he feels threatened due to her knew status. Or maybe...the list goes on. My gut still tells me it was the sleazy and deceitful way she ran her campaign, because in all truth it was very dishonest, and that is really not the kind of person anyone wants to live with unless they are two peas in a pod. Rumor has it, even W. himself will be getting dumped when he leaves the White House. Some folks don't mind playing second fiddle to illicit behavior by their spouse, others do.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

What are typical republican family values?

beobachter 5 years, 5 months ago

sounds like a typical republican with typical republican family values. although it's normally the one in office who dumps spouse.

commuter 5 years, 5 months ago

Please Buffalo gal tells us. Do you even know the family? I don not know the family but I do not want to speculate.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 5 months ago

And what would that be Buffalo?

BuffyloGal 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with her personality.

Steve Jacob 5 years, 5 months ago

Very odd. I am sure he was nice enough to wait until the election. Maybe he just did not want to go to Washington. But hey, things happen.

KEITHMILES05 5 years, 5 months ago

How convenient right after the election.