Archive for Thursday, June 19, 2008

6th human foot found on coast

June 19, 2008

— Another human foot was found Wednesday on a British Columbia shoreline, the second this week and the sixth within a year in a bizarre mystery that has confounded police.

Like most of the others, it was a right foot encased in a running shoe, said Sgt. Mike Tresoor of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. He said a citizen spotted it on a beach and no other remains were found.

The latest find and most of the others were recovered within a few miles of each other along island shorelines in the Strait of Georgia, which lies to the south and west of the provincial capital of Vancouver.

Authorities say they haven't reached any conclusions about the origin of the feet but are working to determine if there are any links to any other partial remains recovered in the province.

"Too my knowledge, we have not encountered anything like this," RCMP spokeswoman Annie Linteau told The Associated Press Wednesday evening. She declined to speculate if foul play was involved.

Comments

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

Eireishhawk: I could only hope that my own demise plays out with as much bizarreness, to give hours of humor to people that I've never met.

cheer67 6 years, 10 months ago

I wonder if instead of walking down the beach looking for sea shells if tourists will walk down the beach to look for feet now???

notajayhawk 6 years, 10 months ago

In other news, Vancouver officials announced they will be hosting the international hopscotch championships in the fall...

Linda Aikins 6 years, 10 months ago

This completely rewrites Dr. Seuss:one footone footright footright foot

notajayhawk 6 years, 10 months ago

And if none of these feet that have surfaced match, that means the rest are still six feet under.

H_Lecter 6 years, 10 months ago

Well, I'm back from vacation. The coast of British Columbia was beautiful. Great food up there.

Confrontation 6 years, 10 months ago

"Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more, Men were deceivers ever, One foot in sea and one on shore, To one thing constant never"- William Shakespeare

Linda Aikins 6 years, 10 months ago

They are really smart up there in the RCMP, aren't they? I find it very odd that it is always the right foot and in a running shoe. I'd like to know what brand of shoe, because obviously they don't work very well...

Confrontation 6 years, 10 months ago

"The man with the boots does not mind where he places his foot." -Irish Proverb

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

bondman: That was pretty good, I must admit.

jaycat 6 years, 10 months ago

Wow they really take the hokie pokie seriously up there a.

daddax98 6 years, 10 months ago

I think this proves global warming is true. The ocean is already up 6 feet

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

At this point, I'm visualizing the Count from Sesame Street incorporating this into his act."One Human Foot! Ahahah!""Two Human Feet!" Ahahah!""Three Human Feet!" Ahahah!"

gr 6 years, 10 months ago

"She declined to speculate if foul play was involved."Never mind, I guess it was a running shoe rather than a soccer shoe.

Confrontation 6 years, 10 months ago

"Better slip with foot than tongue" -Benjamin Franklin quotes

TopJayhawk 6 years, 10 months ago

My best friend in College is from Vancouver and regularly runs along the shoreline. I better email him and make sure he still has his feet!!

Confrontation 6 years, 10 months ago

At first I thought it'd be pretty embarassing if someone found your foot and couldn't tell if you were male or female. Then, I realized that if someone found your foot, then you'd have bigger problems to worry about.

igby 6 years, 10 months ago

There must be a undertaker dumping bodies by the boat load .

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

Since this is happening in Canada, are they converting each foot to 30.48 centimeters?

Haiku_for_You 6 years, 10 months ago

Check the county fair!Someone's taking three leg raceway too serious!

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

Hannibal almost made me pee a little.

EireishHawk 6 years, 10 months ago

Thankfully these feet did not belong to real people. People who were victims of an insane killer and probably tortured before they died. People who had family that loved them and children who will miss them. That would be really sad and not very funny at all.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

I think we just found the winner of the Golden Fruitcake for today.

alm77 6 years, 10 months ago

You guys crack me up so much, I emailed this link to everyone in my family and told them to read your comments!! I agree with Jonas on this one.

fu7il3 6 years, 10 months ago

CNN is saying the sixth foot is a hoax. It's an animal paw in a running shoe.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 10 months ago

Oops - my bad on the poem!One footOne footRight, right, right, right, left, right foot

gr 6 years, 10 months ago

"Fake."I know. Lets criminalize putting shoes on beaches to be the same as putting chalk on pavement.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 10 months ago

OMG! confrontation, jonas, bondie, snap, dad, et al! that's funny. talk about having one foot in the grave ..."Too my knowledge, we have not encountered anything like this," RCMP spokeswoman Annie Linteau told The Associated Press Wednesday evening. She declinedto speculate if foul play was involved.---that's pronounced "lin-toe" to you! also hannibal, that's funny. ***canada obviously has an callous arch villain! does canada even have a superhero/superheroine to confront someone like that? maybe we'll have to lend canada superman or wonderwoman. all those feet. it makes me wonder, if I lived in that area these days, would I just happen to take a casual walk along the beach? just a casual walk along the beach...yeah. I'd just be right in step with my neighbors and I'd have a ball. but I guess that'd make me a heel.

TopJayhawk 6 years, 10 months ago

Maybe they just opened a new IHOP nearby.

jonas 6 years, 10 months ago

Actually, I think I'm going to revise my post, despite the general agreement.I could only hope that my own demise plays out with as much bizarreness, to give hours of humor to people that I've never met. Provided that it doesn't involve a horrific act of stupidity on my own part that lands me a Darwin award. I'd prefer to be an innocent victim, like a satellite falling through the atmosphere and blowing up on me, sending my running shoe-clad foot into the river for some dude to pick up after a few weeks. That would be okay.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 10 months ago

wiki has 48 pages of canadian superheroes!however, here's the most appropriate to this serious problem:The left leg of Sasquatch is shorter than the right one making the figure look off-balance. However, Sasquatch looks savage and dangerous. It's a good thinghe's on the side of the good guys. The articulations on this figure are well-hidden. The fur pattern on the figure is extensive and is even sculpted inthe figure's joints. Of note, big toes are not opposing against the rest of his toes, like a monkey.PaintThe paint job on Sasquatch looks good but is not perfect. The paint doesn't cover the rubber-like parts of the figure completely.