Archive for Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another human foot washes up on shore

June 17, 2008

— Yet another human foot has washed up along the British Columbia coast.

Police in southwestern British Columbia say a left foot was found partially submerged in water on Westham Island, south of Vancouver, Monday morning.

It's the fifth foot in less than a year that has washed up on shorelines along islands in British Columbia

The four previous feet were all right feet wearing socks and shoes, and two of them were size 12. The last one was found May 22 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River.

Police are trying to see whether they are linked.

Comments

christy kennedy 7 years, 1 month ago

"Police are trying to see whether they are linked."Where was that five-footed man last seen?

ksdivakat 7 years, 1 month ago

OMG TOB.....I am laughing hysterically too!!!!What is funny though, along with the article, is what all the bloggers had to say!! Very witty comments and Im laughing so hard I cant stop!!! That absolutely made my day!!!!

Daytrader23 7 years, 1 month ago

Of course they are not linked, Random feet wash ashore all the time. Have you never seen a pirate with a wooden leg?

storm 7 years, 1 month ago

I think Craig from Reno 911 might know something about those feet.

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

Mark my words, someone will have to foot the bill for this, make no mistake.

Boston_Corbett 7 years, 1 month ago

.....and another bucket is missing in E. Lawrence....

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

I read:"By contributing to this Web site, you:¢ Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to contribute for the purposes of advertising or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, or to promote other web sites, without our express written approval, or where expressly permitted."Took about a minute. There is a difference between linking to a source and promoting a website.Stillhavingawonderfulinternetlife.

jumpin_catfish 7 years, 1 month ago

Aliens are abducting our feet for their unholy experiments and kinky intersteller beer parties.

Shayntel Harris 7 years, 1 month ago

Even better put to music like Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust"Duh duh duh, another one washes ashore...duh duh duh, another one washes ashore...and another left foot, and another left foot, another one washes ashore...

coolmarv 7 years, 1 month ago

Of course they are not linked. That is why it is only the feet are found. Had they been linked they may have found the rest of the body as well.Didn't they do a movie about this 'left' foot a few years ago. Maybe time for a sequel.

christy kennedy 7 years, 1 month ago

Okay, sorry for joking but it just happens with that odd of a bit of news. Clearly something hideous happened and someone may figure it out . . . but does anybody remember another story that started with a gloved hand washing up on an island off of Alaska a few years ago? The JW ran a five part story that was completely captivating much like "Into Thin Air" and "The Perfect Storm." It was about freakishly dangerous weather and fishing vessels and incredible Coast Guard rescues . . . I can't find it anywhere. Anybody remember it?

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

In Soviet Russia, foot puts you in bucket.

bad_dog 7 years, 1 month ago

So much for getting your foot in the door...

Dixie Jones 7 years, 1 month ago

hallarious folks thanks i so needed this laugh. you made my day!

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

Can I still plug Snap's School of Taxidermy & Cheese Making?

notajayhawk 7 years, 1 month ago

At least the left ones are finally turning up.I wonder of not being sure the cases are linked means this one doesn't match any of the right ones. What are the odds of that?

Confrontation 7 years, 1 month ago

This is quite an Achilles' heel for Canada.

Confrontation 7 years, 1 month ago

Another serial killer leaving weird clues?

acg 7 years, 1 month ago

I don't even know what to say to this. This is freakin' hysterical. Well, you know, not to the people who are missing feet and all. Ya'll know what I mean. This cracked me up, as did your link Bob. Too funny!

somebodynew 7 years, 1 month ago

Marion - Besides ruining what WAS a fun, lighthearted thread,I am wondering just how you managed to get what appears to be a private e-mail from staff to a user.UNLESS - you are "cool" in an alter-ego (or altered state).

mom_of_three 7 years, 1 month ago

Maybe it's a serial killer that hacks up bodies and only disposes of the feet in that one spot. Maybe one of these days, they will start to find other body parts and connect it all, er, together...

Flap Doodle 7 years, 1 month ago

Stillhavingawonderfulun-linkedinternetlife.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 1 month ago

obviously, we're dealing with a cllous arch villain. does canada even have a superhero/superheroine? size twelve? "today, canadian authorities initiated a hunt for basketball players, walking with a pronounced limp. no evidence of foul play was suspected, as the feet may have just fallen off." somebody's just got to put their foot down about this problem! stomp out crime like this. should read "callous." damn typing too fast, gotta keep my feet under me when i run.