For the second time in two years, a 911 fire call was dispatched to a Lawrence address when it should have been in Baldwin City.
This time, however, the house didn't burn down.
Michael Turner called 9-1-1 Thursday when a fire broke out at his home. Lawrence firefighters were sent to 418 Elm. There was no fire, and dispatch then paged Baldwin City firefighters at 9:57 p.m.
By the time they arrived four minutes later the fire was much under control, said Capt. Matt Quick. The fire had burned a PVC water pipe that effectively put the blaze out.
"It was unreal," Quick said of that and how the misdirected fire call had occurred again.
In February 2006, the same thing happened. Bill and Jane Stotts' home was destroyed, partly because the original dispatch went to Lawrence.
Marjorie Hedden of Douglas County Emergency Dispatch said she was looking into what happened.
"Yes, we did have another misdirected call," Hedden said. "It was a cell phone call. I haven't researched it yet, so I can't tell you much more."
Quick said the fire caused about $5,000 in damage, which was mostly water damage. He said the State Fire Marshal would be in town to determine the official cause of the blaze.