Archive for Thursday, July 31, 2008

One person transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital following a vehicle accident at 23rd and Harper streets

July 31, 2008, 7:46 p.m. Updated July 31, 2008, 8:30 p.m.

One person was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with minor injuries following an at least two-vehicle accident at the intersection of 23rd and Harper Streets. Police have cleared the scene and the intersection is open to traffic, according to police dispatch.

Comments

igby 6 years, 4 months ago

blackhawkx is right, I think it's in the soda pop or something. I've never seen such rude and stupid drivers and bikers, never. They have no regard for their own lives or safety, nor anyone else's for that matter. Better assume that they do not even see you and don't trust or take for granite that their going to even stop. Watch out for your own safety because it seems no one else is looking out for their's.

alm77 6 years, 4 months ago

You think it's bad now, wait until the all the students come back. Takes them a few weeks to learn/relearn the layout of streets traffic patterns.

simplyamazed 6 years, 4 months ago

Maybe they were practicing for the derby. That ther fair is goin on ya kno!

tinytim 6 years, 4 months ago

This accident could be a result of the new traffic pattern at Harper... they added a turn lane from the South part of Harper and now have the traffic light on both sides of Harper turn green at the same time--with no turn signal at all.

blackhawkx 6 years, 4 months ago

I don't know about you guys but I've noticed more reckless driving around this summer than any other summers and I've been hit on the bumper a few weeks ago. I've seen women tail-gating, women zig zagging through traffic occasionally. Guys cutting off other people, the list goes on and on and on... gee whiz.

asbarkincat 6 years, 4 months ago

They say at least 2 car accident. Do they not really know how many cars where involved? There as been a lot of crazy driving around here. I just had a guy today flip me off cause I honked at him since he sat through a green light cause he was too busy talking an his phone.