Archive for Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mexican man charged with identity theft

July 10, 2008

A federal grand jury in Kansas City, Kan., on Wednesday returned an indictment charging a 33-year-old citizen of Mexico with eight crimes, including identity theft.

Joel Cobian-Comacho is charged with one count of unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported, four counts of aggravated identity theft, one count of possession of fraudulently obtained documents, one count of possession of a false U.S. government identification document, and one count of producing a false identification document.

The crimes are alleged to have occurred June 11 in Lawrence, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Comments

malcolm_x_obama 5 years, 9 months ago

He could have been a native-Mexican.Was he Mexican of Spanish descentWas he Mexican of African descentWas he Mexican of European descentWas he Mexican of South American descentOr does Native American cover Canada and Mexico when it comes to the indigenous peoples?If race is the lead in the headline, then I want specifics.What is his religious preference?Is he a viable organ donor?Is he willing to enlist in the Armed Forces or work as a contractor in Iraq?

eagleeyes 5 years, 9 months ago

I guess from now on we will know the race of everyone that commits a crime. For example " An African, a Canadian, and an Italian Held up a store" Does it really matter what the race of the offender is. Its racist if you ask me.

screedposter 5 years, 9 months ago

"Why would you point out someone's race or ethnicity in a headline?"It's a country. Mexico. The nationals of that country are called Mexicans, not Mexico-ans.

hockmano 5 years, 9 months ago

screedposter (Anonymous) says: Did the LJW call this man "Mexican?" How intolerant and racist.LJW should be ashamed of themselves.It does sound racist even though it probably wasn't meant to be.Why would you point out someone's race or ethnicity in a headline?Shame on them.

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

invictus: It would probably also add all the Italians and the Japanese too, in one fell swoop! Mwahaha.

invictus 5 years, 9 months ago

lock up everyboby with a vowel at the end of their name, that will take care a lot of problems

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

Whoops. I guess my commit was actually correct. haha

janeyb 5 years, 9 months ago

Let's rehabilitate him. Let him go to KU for in-state tuition.

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

jaylee: I think the problem with sarcasm on an internet site is that there's so much lunacy floating around that there's nothing you can post that can't sound like a legitimate viewpoint.m.u.KU: I think if you were looking for an attack plan, the better option would have been to go after my plural/singular agreement issues for the verb commit. Unlike my usage of capitalization, that was entirely unintentional. As for Ever, assuming that's what you're talking about, find me a way to italicize font for emphasis, and I promise I won't capitalize anything for the purpose of emphasis ever again. Or continue to troll, should that suit you better. I don't really have much a preference.

muck_you_ku 5 years, 9 months ago

I heard GSW stands for God Save the Weenie..........

muck_you_ku 5 years, 9 months ago

JoNAs NeedS To LEarN CaPs UsagE, R u HOmeScHooLed?

screedposter 5 years, 9 months ago

Did the LJW call this man "Mexican?" How intolerant and racist.

GSWtotheheart 5 years, 9 months ago

smitty and yellowhouse are not the same person...smitty is also plumberscrack though

Jaylee 5 years, 9 months ago

"No nationalized US citizens Ever commit identity theft, or any other crime."i couldnt read whether this was sarcastic or not but if it was, youre mistaken. one of my good friends earned his way through high school and beginning college by making fake ids and duplicate ids for people. a little different than identity THEFT, but it wouldnt have been too difficult to take it to the next level from where they were.

madmike 5 years, 9 months ago

This one couldn't have committed this one if he wasn't here though!

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 9 months ago

Wow! Two posts from YH in a row... Gotta agree with jonas on this one.

jonas 5 years, 9 months ago

No nationalized US citizens Ever commit identity theft, or any other crime.

smitty 5 years, 9 months ago

I'm shocked. A law enforcement officer with racial/cultural bias? We've known this for years though.

madmike 5 years, 9 months ago

I'm shocked! An illegal alien committing crimes? That's the most unheard of thing I've ever heard of!