Archive for Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mexican man charged with identity theft

July 10, 2008

A federal grand jury in Kansas City, Kan., on Wednesday returned an indictment charging a 33-year-old citizen of Mexico with eight crimes, including identity theft.

Joel Cobian-Comacho is charged with one count of unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported, four counts of aggravated identity theft, one count of possession of fraudulently obtained documents, one count of possession of a false U.S. government identification document, and one count of producing a false identification document.

The crimes are alleged to have occurred June 11 in Lawrence, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Comments

Jaylee 7 years, 1 month ago

"No nationalized US citizens Ever commit identity theft, or any other crime."i couldnt read whether this was sarcastic or not but if it was, youre mistaken. one of my good friends earned his way through high school and beginning college by making fake ids and duplicate ids for people. a little different than identity THEFT, but it wouldnt have been too difficult to take it to the next level from where they were.

janeyb 7 years, 1 month ago

Let's rehabilitate him. Let him go to KU for in-state tuition.

hockmano 7 years, 1 month ago

screedposter (Anonymous) says: Did the LJW call this man "Mexican?" How intolerant and racist.LJW should be ashamed of themselves.It does sound racist even though it probably wasn't meant to be.Why would you point out someone's race or ethnicity in a headline?Shame on them.

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

jaylee: I think the problem with sarcasm on an internet site is that there's so much lunacy floating around that there's nothing you can post that can't sound like a legitimate viewpoint.m.u.KU: I think if you were looking for an attack plan, the better option would have been to go after my plural/singular agreement issues for the verb commit. Unlike my usage of capitalization, that was entirely unintentional. As for Ever, assuming that's what you're talking about, find me a way to italicize font for emphasis, and I promise I won't capitalize anything for the purpose of emphasis ever again. Or continue to troll, should that suit you better. I don't really have much a preference.

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

invictus: It would probably also add all the Italians and the Japanese too, in one fell swoop! Mwahaha.

GSWtotheheart 7 years, 1 month ago

smitty and yellowhouse are not the same person...smitty is also plumberscrack though

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

Whoops. I guess my commit was actually correct. haha

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

No nationalized US citizens Ever commit identity theft, or any other crime.

eagleeyes 7 years, 1 month ago

I guess from now on we will know the race of everyone that commits a crime. For example " An African, a Canadian, and an Italian Held up a store" Does it really matter what the race of the offender is. Its racist if you ask me.