Archive for Monday, January 7, 2008

Vick confirmed at Federal Prison Camp in Leavenworth

January 7, 2008, 5:08 p.m. Updated January 7, 2008, 5:17 p.m.

Michael Vick, who pleaded guilty to federal dogfighting charges, transferred to the Federal Prison Camp in Leavenworth this afternoon, according to Traci Billingsley, spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

The Federal Prison Camp is rated a minimum security facility and is located adjacent to the United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback was sentenced to 23 months in prison on Dec. 10 in Richmond, Va. Vick's sentence was lengthened when he failed a drug test for marijuana after pleading guilty to the dogfighting charges.

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons Web site, Vick is listed as "in transit" on the prison inmate locator. An inmate "in transit" has been moved from the Bureau of Prisons' facility and is no longer in the bureau's custody. The inmate may or may not return.

Yahoo! Sports reported Friday that Vick transferred to Leavenworth to participate in a prison-monitored drug rehabilitation program.

Billingsley couldn't confirm if Vick would enter or be eligible for the drug rehabilitation program.

The bureau's Web site lists several factors for eligibility to the nonresidential drug abuse treatment services program, such as:

1. The inmate must have a verifiable documented drug abuse problem.

2. The inmate must have no serious mental impairment which would substantially interfere with or preclude full participation in the program.

3. The inmate must sign an agreement acknowledging his/her program responsibility.

The Yahoo! report said if Vick completed the program, he could be released from prison after 12 months, which would cut his initial sentence nearly in half.

If released after 12 months, Vick would be out of prison at the beginning of 2009 at the earliest. That would likely put the quarterback in position to be ready for the 2009 NFL season, which starts in September.

Before Vick plays football again, though, he has to clear several obstacles. First and foremost, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Vick indefinitely after he pleaded guilty to the dogfighting charges.

Furthermore, Vick hasn't exactly boosted his image lately, so he'd have to persuade whichever team takes a gamble on him that he's worth the risk. And, most of all, Vick would have to stay out of trouble and pass frequent drug tests.

Comments

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

Oh and he should be forced to watch movies such as Where the Red Fern Grows, My Dog Skip and any others where dogs are loved & lost , he should see those every day.

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

"I hope he can become a better person. And understand what he did was wrong."

I do not think he will become a better person as a result of serving time, but I do hope that at some time in his life he finds love in his heart for a dog, so when he loses that dog he can feel the real pain of what he did.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

marion wrote: "uh oh did i write that?" That's rather similar to what Nick Danger wrote about using homeless people to create strawmen bank accounts. "Homelss people are also good straw men for bank accouts but take them to a bank far away from the alley in which they live as they will soon foget where you have taken them and do not leave them with any banking info. You then extract the money from the account using an ATM card and the money is NOT traceable to you! Heh, heh. Did I say that?" Read all about it at: http://ikillspammers.blogspot.com/search/label/nick%20danger

pimp11 6 years, 3 months ago

enforcer (Kathy Gragg) says:

"forgiveness???? Ever hear of that?"

I certainly hope Vick can forgive himself.

I hope he can become a better person. And understand what he did was wrong.

girl 6 years, 3 months ago

i agree pimp... two wrongs don't make a right... right? :)

pimp11 6 years, 3 months ago

Marion--

One more thing..... IF you had the amounts of money coming in as Mike Vick did, and his upbringing....can you honestly tell me that you would have done better??

Of course you will say yes, because you dont have that amount of money or upbringing. Try to put yourself in his shoes.......

Im not saying what he did was right. I am totally against what he did. But I am not in favor of the crap you have been wishing upon him...... Its really irritating that you consider yourself "better" than him. You say that animal abusers are more likely to do it to humans.....Well how about this.... You wanting for him to be raped, abused, tortured...... thats is almost pushing the lines of premeditated abuse, rape, torture.

Its a push, but so are all of your posts!!

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

"forgiveness???? Ever hear of that?"

I certainly hope Vick can forgive himself.

Crossfire 6 years, 3 months ago

The logic of the sentencing makes me want to go "hummm" Sentenced to only 23 months... Fails drug test...bad-boy bad-boy. This makes his sentence longer...OK. If he sucksesfully completes the drug rehab he gets out in 12 months. Some kind of crack-head math going on here. ??? 23+what=12 ???

pimp11 6 years, 3 months ago

Marion- You think that you are funny and the "class clown" of the forum posting. I read a lot of your posts and you are equilvalent to a 1st grader. All is fun and games with you.

Understand- what Vick did was bad. I do think we both agree with that. Should he be in prison? Yes.......but for how long?

The gov't now has someone worthy to make as a poster child for dog fighting. So its going to get the attention and the punishment more so than that if Joe Blow committed the crime.

I do wish him the best because I believe that people can change. I AM SURE, that YOU, Mr. Marion, HAVE DONE SOMETHING YOU REGRET....

It is ridiculous how people hate hate hate hate hate hate!!! Then the next day those same people are saying, I wish there was world peace.

FORGIVENESS???? Ever hear of that?

It comes down to this.

Vick is going to serve the time/be in a rehad program. Dont wish someone to be raped, abused, tortured.......You are bringing yourself down to those who do thats level just by saying that.

Grow Up!!!!

guesswho 6 years, 3 months ago

Sorry Angel,

My bad on confusing Lansing and Leavenworth. It would have been way too ironic....

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

I have not yet started on this piece of animal abusing biosolids.

I am going to make him a "project".

Keep your eyes open and I will let you know when I have the website set up to appropriately deal with the Scum known as "Michael Vick".

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

I thought you were finished Marion:)

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

Living nearby, maybe I can get some pix of Vick in his new training as he cavorts with his freinds in the open space!

LOL!

"Fetch, Vick, Fetch!"

Vick could give a whole new definiton to the otherwise ordinary doggie command, "DOWN, boy, DOWN!"

With any luck.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

I hope that in prison, Vick will find that his "roomates" are fond of the command, "Hey Vick! Doggie want a bone?!"

LOL!

i better stop now as i don wan get deleted or banned

chin***. man, this place can be really uptight, you know?

On the other hand, that "Doogie, want a bone?" thing really makes me LAUGH!

Fetch, Vick, fetch!

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

OK. just send the animal abuser VICK down to my place and we wil rub him down with hamburger and then toss him in wIth SPIKE and HIs Children!

This in lieu of his prison sentence.

If, at the end of the this encounter, or "feeding" as the case may be, Vick is still corporeal, he may walk on this deal.

If instead, his bits and peices may be found lying about the enclousure in the form of biosolids, then I would make certain that the dogs are vaccinated and wormed so as to protect them against the potentially deleterious effects of eating of rotten meat.

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

I did not post anything of the kind in fact here are my posts.

enforcer (Kathy Gragg) says:

Don't get me started Marion!

enforcer (Kathy Gragg) says:

one of these days:::..

enforcer (Kathy Gragg) says:

All prisons in Kansas are non smoking.

Not a word about sodomy by dogs or anyone else. You need to regroup & check your attitude at the door. I do however wish Vick a slow , miserable death filled with fear.

IHOVO wroite:

"i_have_only_valid_opinions (Anonymous) says: You go around wishing for Vick to be raped and/or sodomized in prison.................."

Marion writes:

Well..................................................yeah.

And?

Dirty, filthy animal abuser and dog fighter!

Folks who do the kind of stuff that Vick did to animals also do ti to humans.

I hope that the BIG DOGS find him!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

Snap, if LW is a non-smoking prison, I hope that Vick is a smoker and ends up smoking poles.

uh oh

did i write that?

naw

misprint

i_have_only_valid_opinions 6 years, 3 months ago

Kathy Gragg 6 years, 3 months ago

All prisons in Kansas are non smoking.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

snap writes:

Is Leavenworth a non-smoking prison ?

niczagrocki 6 years, 3 months ago

Abusing animals is one small step away from abusing humans. I can only hope he fulfills his entire sentenance and isn't released for attending classes he could lie his way through in order to attain early release. He needs to be kept away from society until he learns the true horror of his actions and we need harsher penalties and more convictions for other animal abusers, not just the high profile cases.

"pimp11 (Anonymous) says:

Hopefully he learns from his misstakes and comes out a better person!! Good Luck MV #7"

Marion writes:

People who abuse animals, like people who ause children, do NOT get better.

They should be locked away for life or sent to an isolated island to mingle with their own kind.

macon47 6 years, 3 months ago

I HOPE THEY NEVER ALLOW HIM TO TOUCH A FOOTBALL AGAIN. I HOPE A BIG NASTY DOG BITES HIM IN THE CROTCH THE DAY THE LET HIM OUT DOG FIGHTERS ARE SCUM BAGS HE SHOULD FEEL THE PAIN

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

And maybe he will learn to bark like a dog!

Vick says:

"woof.

woof

(Large dog approaches and makes "contact:) Vick says:

WOOOFFREAKINWOOF!

Marion Lynn 6 years, 3 months ago

Leonard has not been there for months, Dolly, you ignorant half-wit.

I hope that they teach Vick to BARK!

He should be trained to "Sit!".

heh, heh

yankeelady 6 years, 3 months ago

I'm sure that the Oakland Raiders would take him in a heartbeat. He fits in with their image so well.

angelofmine 6 years, 3 months ago

Vick is already at the facility. Safeharbor's program is at Lansing (state) not Leavenworth (federal). And Leonard was transferred out well over a year ago.

pimp11 6 years, 3 months ago

guesswho 6 years, 3 months ago

Any guess as if Vicks will be part of the 'Safe Harbor' program that 'receives dogs from shelters across northeast Kansas and matches them with inmates who feed, groom and socialize the dogs to improve their chances of being placed in a new home'?