Archive for Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Man stabbed in back in North Lawrence

February 19, 2008

Lawrence Police Sgt. Damon Thomas said one of the knife wounds reached the victim's liver.

Police arrested a 28-year-old woman on aggravated battery charges Sunday morning and recovered a knife they say was used in the assault, which occurred in the 500 block of North Eighth Street. Police would not release the victim's name, so no medical update was available from LMH.

Comments

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

Are the Sharks and the Jets going to rumble?

somebodynew 7 years, 2 months ago

"A 31-year-old man was admitted to Lawrence Memorial Hospital late Saturday night after being stabbed several times in the back."

Yet from the crack LJW staff in On the Record it said "Lawrence Police reported no calls on Saturday."

Again - did the LPD not report any calls OR did no 'so-called' reporter even ask?????

kugrad 7 years, 2 months ago

The Topeka paper reported this yesterday, WITH the name of the victim! http://www.cjonline.com/stories/021808/loc_248114000.shtml

It provides the name of both the woman arrested in the incident and the victim. What is up with the LJW? Is a stabbing here in Lawrence not news?

esl03 7 years, 2 months ago

Marion your comments are not needed. You always have some non-intelligent to say and is very annoying

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

This article is also stretched from reality. the victim was only stabbed once, not several times. things like this need to be reported on a little more accurate than this one and many others i've seen in the past. Although one must ask themself is it the reporters fault or is it the LPD. I know from experience that they do tend to make things look worse than they may actually be. Which ever the case is i'm sure the victim will get quite the laugh from this article.

compmd 7 years, 2 months ago

KSNT reported this Sunday night.

And, North Lawrence already had its name changed to Jericho, but only for a week.

kugrad 7 years, 2 months ago

bama, can you elaborate on how you know this? I'm not doubting you, but I would like more info on this

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

I am friends with the victim. and i know way more than they reported. and the victim is fine he got out yesterday

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

he got a 7cm cut on his liver. 5 staples and an overnight is all he got

misseve 7 years, 2 months ago

This just goes to show if you want accurate news, turn to KC or Topeka to get it.

esl03 7 years, 2 months ago

you think you are so funny marion dont you?

flyin_squirrel 7 years, 2 months ago

North Lawrence should have their entertainment license revoked over this.

BrianR 7 years, 2 months ago

"...Castro resigned before 4 am our time this morning, and still nothing on LJW."

Because they concentrate on articles about abortion and religion that produce the maximum number of hits.

Dar_of_the_Emerites 7 years, 2 months ago

Welcome to the North side, this is how we roll, so if your scared, don't come to my neighbor hood.

Anybody that doubts Bama can eat one. I only got stabbed once and they said it was potentially life threatening, but internal bleeding was minimal. LMH sent me to Stormont Vail in Topeka for observation. I'm out now.

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

because she and a male friend provoked more than they could handle. as the male was being disarmed of a weapon she came out of the shadows, stuck him in the back and thats all. this is why it is not always good to act like your the toughest person on the planet. in the end everyone gets hurt. they pushed the issue and my friends only defended themselves.

BorderRat 7 years, 2 months ago

When I read the headline, i thought this person must work in the same office as I do. We're always getting stabbed in the back around here.

thedrawl 7 years, 2 months ago

This could be the best comment board ever. How often do you get a stabbing victim posting comments about the story in which they were stabbed? Never? Never ever?

Aside from why the woman in question stabbed you, why did the police or the LJW believe you were stabbed repeatedly? Or were you?

rob_g 7 years, 2 months ago

The way I hear it....the "victim" and his numerous friends had this so called "male friend" down on the ground, working him over, and the "victim" was the one with the knife. Is that how you guys "roll" on the north side?

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

well the way you heard it is wrong the man getting beat on the ground had a machette and the guys pummeling him were only defending themselves from the threat. if someone said they were coming to your house to kill you and they show up with wepons, would you and your friends not beat the hell out of them. im sorry his girlfriend was a scarred ass and had to stab my friend. the two showed up looking for trouble, and thats why the male was getting "beat down". bottom line when you bring weapons you might get your ass beat buy a few people. and thats how we roll everywhere.

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

to answer thedrawl its probably because the girl who was arrested and the male who got beat up really bad were bragging that they stabbed someone six times and thought they killed him. i guess they thought that made them look tougher.

Monty Amick 7 years, 2 months ago

wow babamama your parents must be SO proud!

bama729 7 years, 2 months ago

first off keep my parents out of this sh. if you have a problem go fk yourself. of all the childish sh** you wanna take a personal shot at me. you are the one who is not anonymous idiot

misseve 7 years, 2 months ago

I wonder if the ljw will update or correct this article.

Monty Amick 7 years, 2 months ago

And y'all thought that this all came from KC or Toe-puka??!! Everything that happens in this town is a result of what we create and/or tolerate in our community. You can see how easy it was for me to invoke the anger of one of our fine posters here. More importantly is how easy it should be for all of us to become angered by the violence and stupidity that is becoming all to familiar in our town!! Wake up!! 99.99% of you have never seen me post here. Well, that's because I'm usually content to sit back and laugh my butt off at everyones silly posts and then just go to work and live my life. HELLO enough is enough ....... if you can talk the talk then WALK THE WALK. There are idiots among us!!! BEWARE!!! I'm not saying this to piss off "bama" or anyone else.... just realize that these acts are STUPID! You're not tough, cool, bangin', down or any of that other crap that you say when you do this stuff... YOU ARE JUST STUPID!!!!

For God's sake live, learn, love. It's the only way we will all survive.

m

p.s. can't wait for the dem's to agree with me because I am red as they get. stupid is as stupid does

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

Perhaps it is time to evaluate relationships.....

StrangerCreek 7 years, 2 months ago

Dar: Glad your'e OK dude. Defend your turf man!

Bama: Way to back up your friend!

acg 7 years, 2 months ago

Uh, northtown for someone who professes to be so much more intelligent than those of us who live in or around Lawrence, you sure do have horrible spelling skills. None of that pile of drivel made any grammatical sense at all. In the end, you came off as stupid, loud and angry with your sad little post. I've read it twice and I still have no idea what it says. The only thing I was able to discern from it is that you are an idiot.

myopinion 7 years, 1 month ago

North-side Representinnnnnn! Much love Karl! Don't cross that bridge if ya fear the thoroughbred white-boys and leave your bags and cash on that other side.

ravenous_ogre_of_derangement 7 years, 1 month ago

If I was to chase a goat down Esh street, would I survive? Bahhhhhh Bahhhhh!