Archive for Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baldwin City woman identified as victim in fatality accident

Car overturned on county road southeast of Lawrence

February 13, 2008

A Baldwin City woman has been identified as the victim in a fatality accident Tuesday southeast of Lawrence.

Donna Caviness, 59, was killed when her 1997 Honda overturned in the 900 section of East 1900 Road, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. She was pronounced dead at the scene. She was the only person in the car.

Officers are still investigating, but they said the car was traveling south on East 1900 when it went out of control, entered the west ditch, struck a culvert, became airborne and came to rest on its top.

Several law enforcement and medical rescue crews responded to the accident which was reported at 4:24 p.m. Tuesday.

Comments

braden_quinn 6 years, 2 months ago

Its really heartbreaking to read this about Donna. I'm glad I was able to see her just a few weeks ago at my house. At that time she asked me when I would let her cook me dinner. Sadly I said "soon".

She was a woman with a huge heart and I know she loved us all.

Beth Bird 6 years, 2 months ago

She was my fourth grade teacher. I can't believe she is gone. She will be missed and remembered forever!

George_Braziller 6 years, 2 months ago

Bye Weedle. I hope that this voyage is as joyful as your life on this level. Thanks for the shared time that Mike and I had with you and Paul.

ediemontre 6 years, 2 months ago

Weedle was my beloved "little sister", and I can't believe she is gone. I can't believe I'll never get to play Scrabble with her again. She was definitely the better player, but was always gracious about it, and made excuses for my losses. She is now with our mother, our father, and her twin brother, who passed away in 1986...may God bless her immortal soul--Edie

interploy 6 years, 2 months ago

Wow, I'm finding it really hard to believe. Always loved the chance to hang out with you guys and eat her amazing cooking. She was a one of a kind person. I'm so sorry Will, you have my prayers for everyone there.

-Andy

Humuhumu 6 years, 2 months ago

I have so many memories of Donna. Some of them silly, some of them warm and fuzzy, and some of them were just downright insane. She was an amazing influence on my life. I will miss you Donna. I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with all of you.

Rachel Johnson

Will Babbit 6 years, 2 months ago

As many of you probably know, Donna was my mother. She appreciates all of the kind words and any thoughts you put toward my Stepdad and family are also appreciated. An obituary with all of the funeral arrangements will be in the paper tomorrow.

Will Babbit

Layne Moore 6 years, 2 months ago

It's always disheartening to hear of accidents like this. I did not know Donna but, my prayers go out to her friends and family during this difficult time.

Marcy McGuffie 6 years, 2 months ago

Donna was a great woman whom I had the pleasure of hanging out with on several occasions. Her son and daughter-in-law are good friends of mine and my prayers are going out to them and their family during this difficult time. God bless!

TheObserver 6 years, 2 months ago

You will be missed, Weedle..........