Archive for Friday, February 8, 2008

Defendant found guilty of raping 7-year-old

February 8, 2008

A 42-year-old man was found guilty by a jury in Franklin County District Court on Wednesday of raping a 7-year-old child.

Melvin E. Trautloff will be sentenced March 10 for rape, aggravated criminal sodomy, aggravated indecent liberties with a child and sexual exploitation of a child. He is a two-time sex offender, and therefore his sentence will be life imprisonment without parole, pursuant to Jessica's Law.

County Attorney Heather R. Jones said Trautloff sometimes would photograph his molestation of the child. She said Trautloff repeatedly molested the child between July 1, 2006, and May 31, 2007.

Trautloff is in the Franklin County Jail without bond awaiting sentencing.

Comments

vegetablegirl 6 years, 5 months ago

archive search on this loser.. been in trouble before. hope he is given the same treatment he gave that 7 year old

bd 6 years, 5 months ago

They will take care of him where he is going! If you know what I mean!

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 5 months ago

well I know what I would do to him but typing it might get me in trouble would most def. get me kicked off here. Sick just sick man deserves very bad things to happen to him.

acg 6 years, 5 months ago

Why even bother wasting our resources on this POS? He should be executed. Not all sweetly, either, with drugs that put him to sleep and stop his heart. He should be killed slowly and painfully and publicly. I don't know how the parents of the child involved didn't just blow him away because I tell you, if it had been me, I would lose my mind and I would have to shoot the scumbag who did that to my kid. I would hope a jury would understand. I tell you something else, if I ever end up on a jury for someone who's on trial for similar circumstances, it's a big fat not guilty from me because the system has been coddling these sick psychos long enough and it's time to put a stop to it, one way or the other.

akt2 6 years, 5 months ago

Perfect example of why our society needs more prisons. He imposed his own death sentence when he chose to molest children. I don't give a crap about his unfortunate childhood or his lack of mental health services. Now he can rot in prison, and I am more than happy to have my tax dollars pay for it.

justthefacts 6 years, 5 months ago

Killing him would be doing him a favor. No, let him live out the rest of his days (a) in a cement room that is 4'x4' and has a 1" hold in the middle for draining fluids off (not too much though), and a 1" space on one end to shove under a crust of bread per day; or (b) put him in with the worst sexual deviants in prison, to be their toy for life. Anyone who rapes a child is beyond repair. But punishment is in order, and killing him would be too kind.

trinity 6 years, 5 months ago

acg-according to the ottawa daily blab, the parents prob'ly wouldn't want to "blow" this scum "away"-because the little girls' momma(word used loosely)was this guy's girlfriend, and actually participated in the acts. she received a sentence also. sick sick so sick.

acg 6 years, 5 months ago

Oh god, then the whole lot of them should be taken off of our planet. I feel for this child so much. I can't even wrap my brain around something like this. I would like to be the person who takes a ball bat to that mother. She should be the protector of her child, and unfortunately all too often mothers let horrible things befall their kids to keep some a**hole man around who probably isn't worth a crap to begin with. Now I'm getting mad.

acg 6 years, 5 months ago

But see, that's not always the case, guys. I know a prison guard at Leavenworth and an ex guard from Lansing and they both told me more often than not sex pervs are kept out of the general population because they don't want the other prisoners giving them the beat down. If they go off to prison, and are kept safe from their just rewards by prison guards then they're just having mass and taking up space and no real justice is done. So they have to sit in a small cell all day, big whoop. It's not like their entire psyche was ruined and their innocence was taken by some psycho perv, so where's the justice in that? No, it's too good for them. Either they need to change the rules to house these losers in general pop or they need to execute them after trial. There's no rehabbing them, we all know that. Whatever time they have left on the planet should be made to be painful and humiliating every single day.

lounger 6 years, 5 months ago

Cut off his Blls and then feed him to the lions! What a sick bstard! This poor little girl will be scarred for life because of this monster.

Confrontation 6 years, 5 months ago

There shouldn't be any 2-time sex offenders. One time should be more than enough to put someone in prison for life. Disgusting.

nlf78 6 years, 5 months ago

I agree with Confrontation 100%. Why are they given a chance to become a repeat offender when it involves an innocent child? They cannot be rehabbed from this, they need to be put to death or die in a little 5x5' cell.

Daddyslittlegirl34 2 years, 3 months ago

I know just about everything that Mevin has done...some of which I really never wanted to know! But I'm not going to sit here and let people say crap about him! We all fall we all sin!! Instead of saying things about him we should be on our faces before God in tears for him! Trust me I do everyday! And I'm not kidding either!! And NO I'm not saying that he should get away with what he has done! Because he shouldn't!!