Archive for Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Court blocks grand jury’s access to abortion provider’s records

February 5, 2008

— (AP) - The Kansas Supreme Court temporarily blocked a Sedgwick County grand jury's access Tuesday to patient records from abortion provider Dr. George Tiller.

The grand jury is investigating whether Tiller, one of the nation's few late-term abortion providers, has broken Kansas laws restricting abortion, as many abortion opponents allege. The grand jury subpoenaed the medical files of about 2,000 women, including some who decided against having abortions.

The grand jury also subpoenaed information about current and former employees and referring physicians.

Tiller's attorneys asked the Supreme Court to quash the grand jury's three subpoenas, and the court agreed to block their enforcement until it considers the issue.

The court set a Feb. 11 deadline for retired District Judge Paul Buchanan, who is presiding over the grand jury's investigation, and Judge Michael Corrigan, the county's chief judge, to file any objection to the court's action. The judges then have until Feb. 25 to file their answer to Tiller's legal challenge.

The Sedgwick County prosecutor presenting evidence to the grand jury had objected to the attempts to block the subpoenas, noting that the grand jury's term is limited. But in the Supreme Court's two-page order, Chief Justice Kay McFarland noted that the grand jury's term can be extended.

McFarland also said Tiller's challenge raises "significant issues" about patients' privacy and a grand jury's power to subpoena records.

"We are pleased," said Lee Thompson, an attorney representing Tiller. "The Supreme Court has recognized very significant issues regarding privacy protection are at stake and is willing to give us more time to assess that."

Abortion opponents forced Sedgwick County to convene the grand jury by submitting petitions.

"That is extremely disappointing that they are getting involved," said Mary Kay Culp, executive director of Kansans for Life, the state's largest anti-abortion group.

"There is no way to determine if the reasons for these late abortions were done within the narrow legal criteria without looking at the records themselves," she said. "His lawyers say they are worried about women's privacy. They are worried about protecting Dr. Tiller."

Tiller's clinic has not started handing over patient records. The edited patient records would not have the women's names, but they would have patient-identification numbers. Tiller's attorneys claimed in court last week that in an earlier investigation, former Attorney General Phill Kline was able to track down patients' names using the identifying numbers on patients' files.

A spokesman for Kline, who is now Johnson County district attorney, denied that any patients had ever been identified.

Tiller's attorneys told Buchanan that if Kline could use that information to identify patients, then someone else could as well.

Kline eventually filed 30 misdemeanor charges against Tiller before leaving office last year, only to see the case dismissed for jurisdictional reasons.

The grand jury is seeking all health care records of patients who aborted a fetus determined to be 22 weeks or older from July 1, 2003, through Jan. 18 at Tiller's clinic, Women's Health Care Services. The grand jury also wants the health care records of patients who did not have abortions but were at least 22 weeks pregnant when they consulted with a physician at the clinic.

Comments

Agnostick 6 years, 2 months ago

"That strikes me as one major problem. All too often, religions will take one verse or passage, maybe just a few lines at most, and through select interpretation build an entire set of canon or secular laws from it. The justification is, "It's in the Bible, Koran, Torrah or (fill in your favorite religious document here). That's a huge stretch in my opinion."

Yeah.

Metaphorically speaking... the select interpretation occurs on Monday afternoon; by Thursday morning, they're picking up a sniper rifle, or strapping on a vest filled with explosives... or trying to get jumbo jet training at some little out-of-the-way flight school.

As to the Numbers 5:27... I read the whole passage a couple of times. Sounds like they're not concocting a "potion" any more lethal than water with a little dirt mixed into it. Granted, it's a very, very screwy practice... but I don't see how anything in their could chemically induce an abortion.

Very strange...

a_flock_of_jayhawks 6 years, 2 months ago

right_thinker (Anonymous) says:

"Granted, the law is their for Tiller to use in his favor just the same."

Correct. A problem, though, for anyone that tries to wield any provision of the law in a capricious manner is that future attempts to do the same will cause the judges to react in quite a different way than they are on this occasion. At that point, they will likely feel that the provision is being abused and will impose sanctions on the offending party. At the moment, it appears that the judge is giving them the benefit of the doubt, whether deserved or not, so as to clearly demonstrate impartiality despite (and possibly due to) the claims of the initiating party of prejudice.

Ralph Reed 6 years, 2 months ago

manbearpig (Anonymous) says: "The Bible says some pretty surprising and bizarre things sometimes, ... abortions of adulterers ... Could you refer me to the chapter and verse?"

Try going to this site, it's an excellent resource. You can research multiple versions in several languages. http://www.biblegateway.com/

americorps (Anonymous) writes: "Numbers 5:27 This passage describes a priest administering a potion to a suspected adulterous woman who, if guilty, miscarries her baby and is cast out of the community."

I just looked at the KJ Bible, and I don't get that interpretation. It's focused on the husband taking his wife to the priest out of jealousy. The entire Numbers 5 gives a different read. At least to me.

In fact, as discussed in the context of this article, abortion is not mentioned in several English Language versions of the Bible. This leads me to the conclusion that abortion has become religious belief. It is not even canon law. Secular laws have been built from that belief. hmmm

right_thinker (Anonymous) writes: "But the fact remains, it is the system working through-with no Foulston-no Judge Clark-no Kline-no Morrison-but where it goes, is anyones guess."

rt - As you know I seldom agree with what you say, and even less with how you usually say it. However, the above quote from your 0447 post puts everything in excellent perspective. Good post.

americorps 6 years, 2 months ago

manbearpig (Anonymous) says: The Bible says some pretty surprising and bizarre things sometimes, but I wasn't aware of any section requiring abortions of adulterers. Could you refer me to the chapter and verse? I'd like to research that one, as it could be a sticking point for a lot of people.

Numbers 5:27

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

Granted, the law is their for Tiller to use in his favor just the same. I see your arguments and agree too, DirtyLinen, sdinges (and others). Again, as I said, nothing but some minor infractions may be found and Tiller gets a few fines and a slap on his blood-covered wrists. But the fact remains, it is the system working through----with no Foulston----no Judge Clark----no Kline-----no Morrison-----but where it goes, is anyones guess. I'm guessing there will be enough to have made this worthwhile. And as always, I hope the Tiller Donation Club, as much as any other part of this, is blown wide open.....really it already has been. Sebelius needs to be fully exposed for her wretchedness, in all of it's wonderful splendor.

sdinges 6 years, 2 months ago

DirtyLinen: "What next : an investigation of possible improper conduct by a psychiatrist leading to all records of thousands of patients that psychiatrist ever treated being made available to a grand jury?"

Also information about all former employees of that psychiatrist, any doctor who referred someone to the psychiatrist, and the records of psych patients who ultimately chose another psychiatrist, or no psychiatric treatment.

Any suggestions that Tiller is "buying" the Kansas Supreme Court, or the judge in charge of this case are fairly ridiculous and seem to be the product of paranoia. Tiller is using the legal process to delay and/or dismiss the case against him in the same way that Pro-Life advocates are using the legal process to pursue an investigation and case against him. Fair is fair. They both get to play dirty within the confines of that system.

I admit, my outrage over this case has died down and transformed into pure curiosity to see where this legal circus will go next. It seems as though there's a new side show every week! It's even a little fun.

This quote is too funny. Can it possibly be real? Was it immediately followed by her putting her hand over her mouth and then saying "Oops, did I say that out loud?!"

manbearpig 6 years, 2 months ago

americorps,

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

right_thinker (Anonymous) says:

"Everyone thought the Republicans were on a fishing expedition in 98-99. I think we all are well versed on that ending."

Maybe there's reason to investigate this doctor. I don't know enough about him or about this case.

But as I said, the information contained in a medical record belongs to the patient, not the provider. Just because there might be reason to suspect the physician, you simply can't go prying into private (and federally protected) medical information belonging to 2,000 individuals unless you have reason to suspect that each and every one of those individuals committed some type of crime.

You know I usually agree with you on most topics, RT, and being as how (on rare occasions) I have been known to pi** off a few people with my statements myself, I don't think of you in the terms some people here use to describe you. But this is not a case where the ends justify the means. Let me ask you this: Suppose there was a case where an attorney was suspected of improprieties (I know it's a stretch, but run with me on this one), maybe drawing up paperwork for bogus corporations so a few people could cheat on their taxes. Would that justify a grand jury being allowed access to thousands of case files for all of that attorney's clients?

Ralph Reed 6 years, 2 months ago

DL Your 2108 is an excellent post. Well said. (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/feb/05/court_blocks_grand_jurys_access_abortion_providers/#comment_516058)

right_thinker (Anonymous) writes: "Again, leftists don't like laws that don't favor their objectives."

Yet, whenever there's a law you and several others seem to rise up against it en mass. Take the law that abortion is currently legal; you and others have demonstrated numerous times that you don't like the law. Now, by your definition, that makes you a leftist. Interesting.

"Strangely, we need these leftists, some who even try to disguise themselves as centrists, typically radical centrists, in order to serve as a barometer of the wrongs of America."

Thank you rt, didn't know you still cared.

Reality â I believe beliefs matter: Truth is absolute Knowledge is relative Value is complex

absolutelyridiculous (Anonymous) writes: "In context (or lack thereof), Mary Kay's comment is NOT clear:poor writing and lack of editing."

Her comment is not clear, but not due to writing or editing. It's a quote. So it probably demonstrates lack of practice in or ability to respond to unexpected questions.

I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

georgeofwesternkansas 6 years, 2 months ago

I thought this issue was dead when Paul took over. Was it not true that Phil was the driver behind the issue??

americorps 6 years, 2 months ago

Our resident child abuser should sell her bumper stickers to the other anti-American control freaks..

She wanted the bumper sticker that said...

Force them to breed or let them bleed...

Considering her background as a child abuser and violent criminal, I see why marion and others flock to her....birds of a feather.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

Again, leftists don't like laws that don't favor their objectives. Likewise, they don't like true freedom of speech only now that clearly, it has become a serious threat to their destructive anti-America agenda.

It's become predictable and boring.

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

Boy do I find myself in an interesting position here! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

beobachter (Anonymous) says:

"DlL hard to believe. I think that was a great post. Keep it up."

Okay, first of all, before we get too carried away ... I am personally opposed to abortion. I realize, however, that not everyone has the same beliefs as I do, and the law of the land allows it. Just as the law of the land (albeit temporarily in limbo) allows capital punishment, which I do support, and there are a lot of people unhappy about that. My objections to the actions of the grand jury (and those who petitioned for it in the first place) is based on what I consider to be an unjustifiable and unconscionable use of subpeonas to pry into the private medical histories of people who have committed no crime, or even given any reasonable cause to suspect they did commit any crime.

More below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

right_thinker (Anonymous) says:

"The law is the law. It may not yield anything..."

And therein lies the problem. As I just stated above, while I am personally opposed to abortion, I can not support such a fishing expedition. Because that's what it is. Not that medical records are completely sacrosanct ... they are not. But before a court starts prying into them, let alone letting ordinary citizens (as opposed to officers of the court) do so, you have to have a darned good reason. What they are attempting to do here is find a reason in the records which would justify getting the records in the first place. As you said, they might not find anything, and it should be pretty obvious that in the overwhelming majority of the cases, they will be invading someone's privacy for absolutely no reason. It's kind of like saying we want to uncover evidence of possible widespread drug use at KU, so we're going to search every single car in the parking lots and every single dorm room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the priciples in play here is that while the physical medical record (i.e. the pieces of paper it's written on) belongs to the provider/facility, the information contained in that record belongs to the patient. Most of these women did nothing at all that was illegal. Some of them did nothing at all, period ... they didn't even have abortions. There is no justification whatsoever for allowing the grand jury access to these medical records.

What's next? A petition in Douglas County to look into possible violations of the liquor laws or drug use at a particularly disliked nightclub? I wonder what kind of subpoenas and other evidence gathering that might lead to...

Katara 6 years, 2 months ago

DL, excellent posts. What some of these people don't realize is that it opens the door to eliminating any expectation of privacy in regards to one's medical records. I wonder how many truly understand what a violation that is.

I, too, am curious why the records of the women who chose not to have an abortion were requested as well? I would think that could come back to bite the butts of those who are pushing this Grand Jury.

Poetic justice would be a Grand Jury convening to investigate abuses of the Grand Jury law by KFL, Operation Rescue, etc. Do those groups really want the spotlight on all of their activities?

Ralph Reed 6 years, 2 months ago

right_thinker (Anonymous) writes: "BO, you don't stop because you likely have warrants for your arrest. Your paranoia is, in this case, probably a good thing. Otherwise, the loon factor is in hyperdrive tonight"

Typical example of the ad hominem attacks found in the LJW (Award Winning) Online Forum.

rt - from what I read above, most of the "loons" seem to come from your side of the fence.

Most of the comments above show little ability to appreciate one thing. The judicial system still works. Be glad of that fact. We would be in more trouble than we already are if it didn't.

My opinion of this whole sordid mess is that it is in fact a witch hunt. One that was started by an AG that I personally do not trust even now. That's not to say I trusted his successor either, so don't go there. I don't like witch hunts, because usually some gets hung, stoned, pressed to death or in the rare case burned at the stake. This does nobody any good, except to offer a sacrifice to the people; similar to a judas goat.

This is an emotion-charged issue that has no right or wrong, and given the society on the LJW Forums, will never have a middle ground.

Take a look at this clip. I think it's a fairly accurate picture of what's going on.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5n...)

I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

gigolo, no one yet has shown Tiller has broken any law. The way the Gj was called is the problem It is far too easy to get a minority of people to sign anything for any reason. A grand jury should be convened for legitimate crimes, not for disagreements with laws. That is where I have a problem We need a lot less religious fundies pushing their agenda..

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

OK, BO, simple simon. The law allows the GJ with a certified petition---one that could be in your favor someday---would you consider that out of bounds too?

The law is the law. It may not yield anything, or it could take Tiller and his entire political/donation/abortion operation down in flames.

I'm very interested in the justice that hopefully will be dispensed to show you and the rest of the arrogant far-left, pro-death ilk how things really do and can work. But of course, primarily, I want to see Tiller cease and desist with murdering soon-to-be humans.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

DL, need to watch my typing, added lower case l in middle by mistake.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

DlL hard to believe. I think that was a great post. Keep it up.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

Actually gigolo, my response was to John_Brown. If you wish to jump in, at least try to act like you really have something to say.

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

John_Brown (Anonymous) says:

"Perhaps the Ks Supreme Court should revoke our right to petition a grand jury (a right granted by the Legislature)."

Of course not! Why, this is a perfectly legitimate use of the judicial process! The only problem is, it doesn't go far enough!

We should immediately petition for a grand jury who will subpoena all medical records of all medical providers in Sedgwick County. After all, we might find out that one of Mr. 'Brown's' underage daughters has been treated for an STD, and that would be evidence of a crime. And of course we need Mrs. 'Brown's' last gynocological exam ... it may turn up evidence of scarring that might reveal an unlicensed practitioner in town. Now, I'm certain Mr. 'Brown' would have no problem with this, since his family is pure as the driven snow. And it wouldn't be any big deal if Mr. 'Brown's' neighbors sitting on the grand jury found out that, while his 12 year old daughter has not been treated for an STD, she is on birth control. Or Ritalin. Or an anti-depressant. And since Mrs. 'Brown' has nothing to hide, who cares if the neighbors get the details of her latest PAP smear? Or find out she's taking antabuse? After all, Mr. Brown would have no objection to his neighbors finding out about his prescription for Viagra.

Again, I'm sure Mr. 'Brown's' family has nothing to hide, and there will be no objection to anyone reviewing his family's medical history. And if anyone else's issues that might be a cause of embarassment become the talk of the town, well, the good citizens of Sedgwick County have decided that the possibility of uncovering potential crimes far outweighs anyone's right to privacy.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

gigolo, do you know something I don't or is this simply another one of your mindless rants? Further, why should I have warrants for my arrest? I'm neither republican nor a liar, unlike your beloved W.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 2 months ago

Otherwise, the loon factor is in hyperdrive tonight.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

John, what i have a problem with is this. Simply because you don't like a law is no reason to convene a grand jury. A grand jury should be convened when a violation of the law can be shown to have occurred. Not when a group, because of their personal beliefs allege a law violation. Too me it is very much a witch hunt and as such should require those initiating it to pay all associated costs. There has not been shown to be a violation of any laws, only a lot of unfounded allegations. Unfortunately in a location such as Wichita, such a violation of plain common sense is easy to do. When i travel south, it easy to see when I'm approaching Wichita, all the religious nuts signs and rants start showing up on bill boards. I make a very strong attempt to not stop in that area for any reason, not even a gas fillup. I don't want to be be exposed to that mindset and ignorance.

John_Brown 6 years, 2 months ago

beobachter, I signed the petition. So did Mrs 'Brown'. We would enjoy it if Dr Tiller attempted to sue us. We have the ability to defend ourselves, too. Our signatures do not reflect the opinions of KFL, operation rescue, etc etc. They are our beliefs and ours alone. Perhaps the Ks Supreme Court should revoke our right to petition a grand jury (a right granted by the Legislature). It would not be the first time jurists in this country added or removed rights at a whim w/out any input from the People. Like in 1972. Or 1856. If you want to live in an oligarchy made up of lawyers, be my guest. I'll stick w/ the Republic we have.

EasyTiger 6 years, 2 months ago

Thank God for people who stand up for what's right like Dr. Tiller.

beobachter 6 years, 2 months ago

Unfortunately Kansas has far too many people who don't understand the law and reality. too many have listened too long to those like parkay, operation rescue, kansansan right to life etc. They can't comprehend that their beliefs are not the law. I wish Tiller after this stupid grand jury fiasco could then file suit and make every one of these idiots who signed this dumb grand jury crap were made personally responsible for cost Tiller has incurred. I for one think all of these people who hate Tiller for no reason, other than their stupid religion, should be locked up.

Clint Gentry 6 years, 2 months ago

You people only know who Tiller is because O'Reilly told you. You've been played by the right-wing media machine. Mr. Tiller seems to be a very courageous man, perfoming "god"-given freedoms in a land shackeled by ignorance...

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

kansanjayhawk (Anonymous) says:

"Hopefully justice will be done and Tiller and his money will not continue to distort the legal process in Kansas."

Hopefully justice will be done and the state/Sedgwick County will stop wasting taxpayers money to distort the legal process to pry into people's personal medical records.

If there was reason to suspect that a particular medical procedure was performed improperly/illegally, then subpoena that (single) record. Subpoenaing records of all the procedures performed, while still an unjustified fishing expedition, at least has an excuse (albeit one that is insufficient to justify the gross invasion of privacy). But please explain ... anyone, please explain ... what possible purpose examining the records of women who didn't even have any procedure performed would serve towards an investigation into possible crimes committed related to such procedures.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 2 months ago

Tiller charges a bundle for killin' all those babies so he has a lot of it to spread around; each dollar stained with the blood of a murdered child.

kansanjayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

Hopefully justice will be done and Tiller and his money will not continue to distort the legal process in Kansas. It is unbelievable how much money the abortion industry has to buy politicians and judges!

Chris Golledge 6 years, 2 months ago

Satire, mm, we don't get that here.

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

1029 (Anonymous) says:

"It only makes sense that one would have to be an idiot to be the executive director of a group such as "Kansans for Life". It should be "Kansans who hate the greater well-being of society and want to impose their personal opinions on others because they believe in myths that were created by primitive people thousands of years ago""

The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Besides, they tried that name already, but the letterhead wouldn't fit on their stationary. (Even K.W.H.T.G.W.B.O.S.A.W.T.I.T.P.O.O.O.B.T.B.I.M.T.W.C.B.P.P.T.O.Y.A. is a tough fit.) And it turns out the name was already taken anyway, the anti-evolutionists beat them to it.

Kathy Getto 6 years, 2 months ago

Hate to do it, but I must. To quote a fellow poster who shall remain nameless.

"Told you so."

Clint Gentry 6 years, 2 months ago

No, 1029 isn't serious, it called satire...

Chris Golledge 6 years, 2 months ago

Ah, I should resist, but...

Wow, lol, is 1029 serious?

"all these murdered babies could have made up one hell of an army. "

So, all babies born from pregnancies that would otherwise have been aborted should be forced to join the military?

"we could have taken over the world by now and converted everyone to christianity."

Hmm, the mission of the US(we?) is to take over the world and convert everyone to Christianity? That would be a good thing? Maybe we should first re-write the constitution to make it more like the Islamic state constitutions, you know, where women can't vote, minorities have fewer rights, etc., only Christian instead.

" not to mention all the tax revenue that has been lost. "

Aha, babies are for generating tax revenue. I knew they were good for something. :-p But, I don't quite get the connection between tax revenue and babies. Will all babies be provided jobs? Does that mean that there is no unemployment today, but in fact, a job surplus? Oh, I get it, there'll be some sort of affirmative action plan where employers are encouraged to hire these babies in preference to others.

DirtyLinen 6 years, 2 months ago

The question of abortion is obviously a very complex issue with fervent supporters and high emotions on both sides.

However, this particular case goes well beyond that issue. Regardless of how one feels about abortion, don't you think we should be concerned about citizens being able to convene a grand jury by petition, thereby making private medical records available to the members of that grand jury (not just a presiding judge, but the neighbors and co-workers of the people whose records will be opened), especially when some of these records have nothing whatsoever to do with possible criminal charges (how can the records of a woman who chose not to have an abortion be pertinent to an investigation of possible illegally performed abortions)?

What next ... an investigation of possible improper conduct by a psychiatrist leading to all records of thousands of patients that psychiatrist ever treated being made available to a grand jury?

1029 6 years, 2 months ago

americorps 6 years, 2 months ago

I have met Mary Kay Culp and found her to be the biggest idiot I have ever known...and I did not even know who she was at the time.

She is perfect for her job, the blind leading the blind, so to speak....the most false Christian of all leading all the other false Christian Supremecists.

The Bible instructs priests to perform abortions on adulterous women.

logicsound04 6 years, 2 months ago

Culp is sitting at home thinking:

"Durn it--I KNEW that Grand Jury petition law was too good to be true. Why is it that the only lawyer that wants to help us with this cause is an effing moron? Kline told me this would allow us to bypass the courts"

ronwell_dobbs 6 years, 2 months ago

My confusion was because the RTL folks decided to use the law to force an issue into the Courts and yet is surprised that the Court "infrastructure" would want to weigh in on the issue.

1029 6 years, 2 months ago

all these murdered babies could have made up one hell of an army. we could have taken over the world by now and converted everyone to christianity. not to mention all the tax revenue that has been lost. women need to stop thinking of themselves and realize that babies come first. sorry if your life is going to be ruined forever, but you chose to be pregnant in the first place.

Clint Gentry 6 years, 2 months ago

Babies are sooooo magical, I can't get enough of them...I'll take care of all these wonderful babies, I just love them sooo much...babies, babies, babies...

stuckinthemiddle 6 years, 2 months ago

absolutelyridiculous The right to privacy can't be separated from Roe v Wade... it is a key element written in the Court's majority opinion on Roe...

And I don't think that the law is flawed: it's only logical that the right to choose is founded in personal privacy:

absolutelyridiculous 6 years, 2 months ago

stuck...privacy and Roe v Wade are two separate issues. According to HIPPA, if there is unlawful action, then there are measures in place to protect those involved. Let's have some trust that the system will work as it was designed and that the law will be upheld. Unless you are of the thinking that the law is flawed because you don't think you'll like the outcome.

Justice prevail.

stuckinthemiddle 6 years, 2 months ago

This is an important issue, as the right to not have the government prying into your personal life and medical information (a right to privacy) was key to the ruling in Roe v Wade...
If it is decided by the courts that it's the government's business to know who has had an abortion, the foundation of Roe v Wade will be gone...

absolutelyridiculous 6 years, 2 months ago

I'm with ronwell_dobbs. In context (or lack thereof), Mary Kay's comment is NOT clear...poor writing and lack of editing. Hello? Anyone at the LJWorld come into work today?

logicsound04 6 years, 2 months ago

""That is extremely disappointing that they are getting involved," said Mary Kay Culp, executive director of Kansans for Life"

Ironic statement of the year

Agnostick 6 years, 2 months ago

ronwell_dobbs, your tinfoil hat must be coming loose. Screw it on a little tighter, slather it down with a thick layer of whale fat, and you'll soon be on the same wavelength as Mary Kay. ;)

Agnostick 6 years, 2 months ago

I think Buchanan can be trusted with the records. I think the KSC will find this, as well.

While we're waiting for that, Kansas AG Six needs to open up an investigation on his predecessor, Phill Kline, and find out why and how Kline was playing "Match Game '07" with redacted patient records and hotel ledgers.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com http://www.uscentrist.org http://www.americanplan.org

ronwell_dobbs 6 years, 2 months ago

Troubling that the Court would get involved? I don't follow.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 2 months ago

This was expected; I wouldn't worry.

I think that the Court will eventually uphold the right of the Grand Jury to investigate.

SettingTheRecordStraight 6 years, 2 months ago

Anything to protect the imagined "right" to kill a developing child, right KS Supreme Court?

Disgusting.