Did you give your kid a gadget this year? Monica Vila, founder of TheOnlineMom.com, suggests setting these rules for kids:
• Never e-mail or IM your picture to someone you don’t know; they may not be who they say they are.
• Never open a picture a stranger has sent you by e-mail or IM (and strangers include people you’ve met online but don’t know in person).
• Never post sexually provocative pictures.
• Don’t use webcams without parental supervision. When using them, always be aware of what’s in the other person’s field of vision, and always turn them off and close their lenses when you’re finished.
• Never post pictures of anyone else without their permission.