Archive for Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Police investigating reported residential robbery

Police are investigating a home invasion at a west Lawrence apartment complex. The robbery happened at about 8:15 p.m. Thursday night at Quail Creek Apartments.

December 24, 2008

Lawrence police on Wednesday were continuing to investigate a Tuesday night residential robbery in the 2100 block of Quail Creek Drive.

A man said the robber armed with a black pistol entered his home about 8:15 p.m., according to police. The robber took the victim’s wallet and other items and then left, police said. The victim was not injured.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 832-7509, or 843-TIPS (8477).

Comments

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 12 months ago

Wow, yet another violent crime by another supporter of the O dude. What excuse is being offered up for THIS poor soul? Whose fault is it that he lives this way and what way is he the victim?

geniusmannumber1 5 years, 12 months ago

Yes, yes, we know CA. Black criminals are criminals because they are black. The president is somehow responsible. Your racism is tiresome. Do you need to comment every time a minority allegedly commits a crime? It's killing my brain cells, and I fear sinking to your cognitive level. I'd be better off huffing paint. If you would just keep your meth mouth closed, the world would be a better place. Merry Christmas.

christie 5 years, 12 months ago

I supposed if McCain had won the election this crime wouldn't have occured?? Is that what CA is saying?Interesting, that less than 10% of the population is black, so that leaves a whole lot of white folks who voted for Obama.I heard someone say the other day that the more education one had the more likely they were to vote Democrat - so what does that say about the Palin crowd.Go figure.

Hawkman 5 years, 12 months ago

All you far right freaks are going to blame the president to be for anything that happens the next 8 years...all I know is the crazy man that is in the white house now has cost me thousands and thousands of dollars; million jobs, and hatred for the United States across the world. Of course, I blame CA because I am sure he is the anti-Christ. Go big O!!

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 12 months ago

12% of the population committs more than half the violent crime.... go figure. Stats don't lie. Tell the truth and it automatically gets you called a racist and bigot. Some how it is my fault that 12% of the population commits more than half of the violent crime because I am white. Call Jesse, call Al, call Johnny.... oh wait, Johnny's dead.

mom_of_three 5 years, 12 months ago

I have a dog alarm (no one can pull in the drive way or come close to the house without us knowing about it), and I would meet them at the door with a loaded baseball bat. Course he would probably land on his butt trying to come up the steps -

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 12 months ago

Just in case anyone is interested. Does posting credible information make me a racist?http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

justthefacts 5 years, 12 months ago

CA you are correct that a large number of crimes are committed by a relatively small percentage of the population. But what, besides skin color and how their ancestors relatives got here, do a lot of the perpetrators have in common? I will give you a hint - lack of money and hope. Not that I buy into the "victim" mentality that some use to stay "stuck," but if you consider the fact that just 50 short years ago many blacks had no hope of ever being treated as well as whites (because of Jim Crow laws specifically making it so), there is a logical reason why several decades more of having (really having) equal rights is needed to start turning the tide back around. Plenty of conservative and liberal blacks alike bemoan (privately and publicly) the statistic you mention and are trying to do something about changing it. Education is the key. Your comment was racist and I think you know it. And don't care. Which is fine; I personally like it when racists show their true colors. It's much easier to tell who they are that way (unlike so many who THINK they don't harbor prejudice but whose actions show that they do). Educate yourself - http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict_v.htm has the DOJ's crime statistics. Anyone who looks at ALL the data will conclude that no race or political party has a corner on stupid or violent conduct.

hilandconstruct 5 years, 12 months ago

kugrad 5 years, 12 months ago

originalCA, People call you a racist and a bigot because you appear to be a racist and a bigot - NOT because you "speak the truth" or "post...information." In the last 2 days 2 crimes have allegedly been committed by a black male. Both times you have been the first to post. Yesterday you said "these people," and generalized about black entitlement. Both posts have suggested that the criminals support Obama. So, you racist bigot, it appears we are just speaking the truth.It's the holidays dude - quit hatin' and start celebratin'

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 12 months ago

I mean no harm by my comments. Just trying to stir things up a little. As long as the media continues to give Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharpton's hate talk attention, these bad apples will continue to choose to be stuck in the victim role and the role of "I can get away with anything because I will just call you a racist and incite violence if you try to get me." I will also add the the worst and most violent experience of my life and the lives of my wife and kids and mother happened in a small town at the hands of all whites. My wife, daughter, oldest son, and mother were all assaulted by this guy so I know full well it is not just blacks. I also see that this unfortunate statistic has also improved steadily over the last few decades. Obama did a good thing when he called upon black people to be more responsible and to be better citizens. Of course Jesse and Al didn't like it because Obama stepped on their toes, as well he should have. Obama has a chance to show African Americans that you can be successful and black outside of sports. African Americans have always been successful outside of sports though but as Republicans, so that doesn't count... right?So, we will have a black president... this is the time for black people to put up or shut up about being opressed. If they don't put up or shut up now, for the most part, then being black was just a convenient excuse that will be proven over time unless they really DO put up and shut up. Obama's NEW "Yes we can" should be in regards to "Put up and shut up." I hope that it happens. On the flip side of that, racists will need to put up or shut up in regards to hate as the blacks put up or shut up in regards to opression.

ralphralph 5 years, 12 months ago

<< what, besides skin color and how their ancestors relatives got here, do a lot of the perpetrators have in common? I will give you a hint - lack of money and hope. >>I'll give you another hint: lack of a father in the home.

ralphralph 5 years, 12 months ago

Okay, it wouldn't let me post a quotation, I guess.This was in response to the 'lack of money and hope'.I added: 'lack of a father in the home'.I love people, of all flavors, and I noticed from the time I was a kid a few decades back that the people around me who were getting in trouble - serious trouble - didn't have dads at home. This was overwhelmingly true, and it seems to be overwhelmingly true in what is called the 'black community', but what looks like just another part my community. I've heard this attributed as an unintended consequence of welfare programs which enabled mothers to raise their children without the financial input of a father, but whatever the cause I think the correlation is hard to ignore.A possible cure: Love one another.Mary Crimmus.

Mike Blur 5 years, 12 months ago

This "O" supporter(?) made off with a couple hundred, at the most. Bernie Madoff, rich old white guy, stole $$$50 billion from other wealthy white persons. Crime knows no race, political party or socioeconomic status.

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 12 months ago

mike_blur:Very true... BUT...key words here are "violent crimes"

Confrontation 5 years, 12 months ago

A whole lot of racist pigs are commenting on here today. Where's Tommy Boy to chime in? His Klan brothers are posting.

Keith 5 years, 12 months ago

So, CA, what is your final solution to the black crime problem?

Judgesmails 5 years, 12 months ago

"The suspect was described as a thin, 6-foot black man wearing a black ski cap and mask."shocking !

buffalo_star 5 years, 12 months ago

CA, you say you mean no harm but how do your words improve anything. Facts are like a club while truth and understanding brings healing. Ask yourself am I hurting or healing?What we speak matters as will as what we think.

greenworld 5 years, 12 months ago

I heard a report that came out yesterday that reported that in Dodge City and Liberal Ks there is more Mexicans that any other races and 4 out of 8 states in Ks there is more blacks and mexicans per population that whites. OMG can I start crying now for my rights or walking around screaming discrimination now that I am the minority. I wont and refuse not to. It will all average out over time and people can quit complaining. And by the way the other town was KCK.

greenworld 5 years, 12 months ago

Minorities a majority in 3 cities in Kansas, including Dodge City-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSASSOCIATED PRESSPosted Dec 21, 2008 @ 11:45 AM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------WICHITA — New Census numbers show that minorities now make up at least half the population in four of Kansas' 18 largest cities.The figures show that non-Hispanic whites are now a minority in Liberal, Dodge City and Kansas City, Kan. In Garden City, at least 50 percent of the residents are minorities.The figures come from the American Community Survey and were released this month by the U.S. Census Bureau. They offer the first look at the demographics of medium-size cities since the 2000 Census.The numbers show that 16 of the 18 cities have become more racially diverse since 2000. The suburban communities of Derby, Olathe and Overland Park showed some of the fastest gains in minority population

bearded_gnome 5 years, 12 months ago

except for the zebra coat,this could describe the crossfire shooter of last weekend. it could also describe the holdup man at the presto station the other night. ***I heard someone say the other day that the more education one had the more likely they were to vote Democrat - so what does that say about the Palin crowd.www.howobamagotelected.com

bearded_gnome 5 years, 12 months ago

once again, Max1 demonstrates his utter vapidity and complete lack of factual reference as he posts out of context, deceptive weblinks and quotes. NYC's crime problem didn't improve so much because of gun control as his far-left-fringie rant would make you think. here's a much better link:http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.aspx?GUID=67B9CB40-7E19-49AA-A645-15C03DEDB012and the left absolutely hates "broken windows" policing, credited by Giuliani and the NYCPD head today with improving life dramatically there.

Bkeeper 5 years, 12 months ago

Man.. the problem is.. this whole time i SWORE i was just this white girl... but since i voted for the O man... and i supported the O man... and I got other people to vote for the O man... i'm probably a six foot black man... i do have a 13'' balck mac... that probably has something to do with all of this. i'm telling you, if i just didn't BUY that 13'' black mac. oh well... i can handle being a black man if that's what it all comes down to.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 12 months ago

doesn't change the content by max1's smear. at the same a time, a reputable polling service released a poll showing obama voters far worse on knowledge of american history, and american civil institutions. max1 always confuses smears with political argumentation, very dad. furthermore, to anyone new to these threads it is important to note that Max1 posts the way he does because once you get him away from posting links and cut-and-paste, you find he is a very very dim bulb. so, posting links and cut-and-paste as smears, out-of-context or irrelevancies is what Max1 has specialized in. so, new readers should just learn to skip his posts like the rest of us do.

rcr 5 years, 12 months ago

"The suspect was described as a thin, 6-foot black man"Was he wearing an all-fur zebra-striped jacket?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 12 months ago

hey,Maxy1 is so stupid his quote from my 'frontpagemag' link proves what I said! thanks Maxy, and all your out-of-context quotes of me, prove exactly what I said about you. I love it when a slow leak like you actually proves with his actions what I've just said! maxy1, you truly are a very sad sad little man. you wanna give context for why I called you profidious, when you slimed me wrongly? several posters noted that and commented to me, some in person! they expressed shock at your behavior and that you slimed me for expressing sadness that two lives ended so suddenly on delaware st. again, you are a pathetic sad little man who hides behind links and quotes and who can't write his own comments. as one poster once said to you, he might not agree with gnome's comments, but at least they are his own. and thanks again for proving what I said about you. you again hid behind out-of-context quotes, links, andcut-and-paste. no wonder I have consistently referred to you as a very dim bulb, and I think I've insulted 30-watt bulbs in doing so.

Mike Blur 5 years, 12 months ago

Hey OCA, tell that French guy that lost $1.5B in the Madoff Ponzi scheme and slit his wrists just how "non-violent" the crime was.

pusscanthropus 5 years, 12 months ago

"The lack of fathers at home is just common african culture, they are tribal people who sleep with anyone and everyone then the tribe rasies everyone. This culture is in stark contrast to germanic/european culture (the majority of americans). The solution is two seperate countries for these two very different people."Because Africa is a country with one culture, right? And I bet you supported Palin.

Bladerunner 5 years, 12 months ago

Why does everyone call Obama a black president? Isn't he half white?

broddie 5 years, 12 months ago

Okay, "invictus," you really need to leave. This forum is for serious discussion only.

CarterFaucheaux 5 years, 12 months ago

i don't know why i'm always surprised by how absurd people are on these forums... but somehow it gets me every timei sure hope there's a medical link between whatever is wrong with you people and cardiac arrest

jonas_opines 5 years, 12 months ago

Wowzers. An early comment, and the resident nuts have justification to be themselves. Never gonna be pretty when that happens.

broddie 5 years, 12 months ago

"Early Comment?" How about "calculated flame-bait?"Here's how I see it. OriginalCA makes a stupid racist comment, and gets his ass handed to him, rhetorically speaking. By all standards of civil discourse and rules of debate, he LOSES. Then a bunch of OrignialCA's illiterate thug buddies jump on and make complete fools of themselves as well. Let's ban them from these forums so we can have true civil discourse.

justthefacts 5 years, 11 months ago

Free speech rights and principles dictate that even the most hate-full ignorant speech be protected. Besides, it helps us to determine who to avoid in our "real" lives. The closet racists are a much bigger threat to the health of society.