Archive for Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lawrence police officer hit during high-speed chase

Suspect arrested; highway closed for hours

A high-speed car chase across the county leaves one Lawrence police officer in the hospital after being hit by the fleeing suspect.

December 2, 2008, 12:14 p.m. Updated December 2, 2008, 11:00 p.m.

Chase suspect captured near Stull

A Tuesday afternoon car chase took officers east on U.S. Highway 40 before heading north into rural areas west of Lecompton. The suspect was ultimately captured a mile north of Stull, after a Lawrence police officer struck the suspect's vehicle, ending the chase. Enlarge video

Barbara Jo Schnegelsiepen, 27, of Topeka, was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon after a high-speed chase Tuesday afternoon. Lawrence police, Douglas County Sheriff's deputies and other law enforcement agencies chased the vehicle whose driver was connected to a break-in that happened in Lawrence earlier Tuesday. The chase lasted for 45 minutes and covered much of northwest Douglas County. A Lawrence police officer was struck by the fleeing vehicle shortly before this photo was taken. Another officer stopped the chase a few minutes later by striking the fleeing vehicle with his vehicle.

A woman was taken into custody shortly after noon Tuesday following a lengthy high-speed chase during which a Lawrence police officer was injured.

The chase, which sometimes exceeded 90 mph, took officers west of Lawrence on U.S. Highway 40 and headed north into rural areas west of Lecompton. Officers were chasing a woman wanted for questioning for a series of burglaries Tuesday morning, said Sgt. Bill Cory, police spokesman.

A Lawrence police officer was struck by the fleeing vehicle on Highway 40 east of Big Springs, Police Chief Ron Olin said. A police spokesman said the injured officer was in stable condition Tuesday night.

According to Douglas County Jail records, Barbara Jo Schnegelsiepen, 27, of Topeka, was booked on several charges Tuesday, and no bond was listed. She was in custody on two counts of aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer; one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer; two counts of aggravated burglary; one count of possession of stolen property; one count of theft greater than $25,000; one count of fleeing or attempting to elude police; and one count of driving with a suspended license.

Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson said Tuesday night that he had no information yet about filing charges.

According to Shawnee County District Court records, Schnegelsiepen has an extensive criminal history there, including four convictions through plea agreements since 2004. In one, she entered a no-contest plea in March 2005 to one count of battery of a law enforcement officer. A judge later revoked her probation in that case and then reinstated it.

Billy Waters, a witness who was working in a field near where the officer was struck, said Tuesday afternoon that the driver was trying to avoid stop sticks that had been laid across the highway.

“Instead of hitting the spike strips, she took the ditch, and the cop that was standing right there, she ran him right over and he went up over the top of the car,” said Waters, who was later interviewed by detectives. “It was all pretty fast. I was just sitting here in the loader and the next thing I know, there’s cop cars and things flying by.”

The highway was closed for several hours after the crash.

The officer — whose name was not released by police Tuesday — was transported by ground ambulance to a Kansas City-area hospital.

“I bet he has a broken leg or two. He got hit hard, real hard,” Waters said.

The suspect ultimately was captured a mile north of Stull after a Lawrence police officer’s vehicle struck her vehicle and ended the chase. Police took the woman into custody about 12:18 p.m., a news release said.

Lawrence police, the Kansas Highway Patrol and Douglas County Sheriff’s deputies were involved in the chase and apprehension.

Police said the chase began when the suspect wouldn’t pull over for officers after a burglary occurred about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 3100 block of Tomahawk Drive.

It’s believed Schnegelsiepen abandoned a blue Jeep-type vehicle west of Lecompton that was used during the first leg of the chase and continued the chase in a white Dodge Stratus.

Photographer Richard Gwin and reporter George Diepenbrock contributed to this article.

Comments

buckethead 5 years, 4 months ago

parrothead... hats off to you and the many other officers who serve and protect communities in the manner that you do so well. there was a time in my life that i was convienced that 90% of law enforcement were bullied and picked on growing up, and choose the field as a personal power trip. i now realize that the number is probably only about 40%. A few bad apples should not cause a distrust or dislike in any one department. But a bushell of bad apples can leave a bad taste in the mouths of civilians.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

tripplegoddess13 - sounds like a plan. Let me know when.

parrothead 5 years, 4 months ago

Smitty, actually the LPD ride along program did exist well before the Sevier case. I know this because I participated while a KU student in the mid 1970's. It was an interesting experience to say the least and when I became an officer myself a few years later, although not at LPD, I had ride alongs go with me on several occasions. Even took a reporter once who was amazed at the amount of verbal abuse I and my fellow officers endured from drunk drivers, people involved in domestic disputes, etc.You, like LG40, apparently have some long standing dispute with LPD and that is regrettable. The police are a reflection of the society they serve, although not necessarily an exact mirror in terms of representation of various percentages of that society, (i.e. # of women, minorities, etc.) but I see evidence that LPD and departments around the country are improving in that area.I’ve been cussed out, shot at, bled on, beat on and thrown up on in the course of my career. I’ve worked 24 hours straight more times than I can remember and done it in all kinds of weather. Through it all I have been fortunate to work with some very dedicated men and women who would risk their lives without hesitation to save a complete stranger. Rather than paint every police officer with the same broad brush you might consider doing what we do ourselves. If there’s a bad apple we call them out, get them help, counseling, training or whatever they need. If that doesn’t work, we get them off the job.Lastly, before you dismiss me as part of your so-called “wall of blue corruption” you should know I’ve never been involved in a cover up, never taken a bribe, never railroaded an innocent person nor lied in a report or on the witness stand. I have a solid liberal arts education, followed up by literally thousands of hours of law enforcement training (Kansas requires an extensive basic academy followed by mandatory 40 hours every year) and listen to NPR and watch CNN. I don’t belong to the NRA, actually understand and appreciate what the ACLU is trying to do (even on occasions when I disagree with them) and was raised to be open minded and tolerant. I have also learned that we fear that which we don’t understand, even when that fear is unjustified. It truly is regrettable that you seem to hate the police so vehemently. Fortunately, I am certain they won’t let that interfere with the service you and the other citizens of Lawrence receive.

triplegoddess13 5 years, 4 months ago

Well smitty, if you are so concerned with stop stick and the problems with them maybe you should suggest something else to try that will get the job done instead of just being negative about the use of them. Suggest a solution to the problem since you feel there is one.

smitty 5 years, 4 months ago

There is a high death rate for LE associated with the deployment of stop sticks.Stop sticks or stringers are extremely dangerous for law enforcement to deploy resulting in a high incident of injury and death to LE. I don't want our officers to be placed in such a dangerous situation especially since the danger to LE is well documented.

triplegoddess13 5 years, 4 months ago

Who in their right mind would turn smitty down for a date? Now that's just crazy talk!Maybe all us 'previous lifers' should go have coffee sometime.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

I still think smitty is mad because Bordman turned him/her down for a date.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

somebodynew, If my information is correct, you did know me in a previous life.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

Smitty - in all honesty, I was concerned we hadn't heard from you (at least not that I saw). Hope all is well with you - I do enjoy your presence here (and I do mean that- not being funny or anything).

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

Smitty is back !!!!!! Wow, hadn't heard from her in quite awhile, and I almost forgot about Sevier without the constant reminders. And unfortuately, Smitty is wrong again. There was a ride along program in place before that. Granted, probably not too well known or publicized, but it was there if you asked.

smitty 5 years, 4 months ago

That truthfulness seen in a ride along is spin for the wall of blue corruption. It was obviouos in Lawrence as a result of the massive cover up of the facts in Gregg Sevier's death and covered up by the DA Jim Flory, Coroner Carrol Moddrell, of course police chief Ron Olin in the forefront, and the co-opreation of the city manager, Mike Wildgen, asst manager Rod Bremby, and several of the LPD who were under oath. This ride along that you hold so dearly is a scam in the LPD ride along program that was initiated by the LPD is due to the illegal killing of Gregg Sevier. It did not exist prior to the cover up.

buckethead 5 years, 4 months ago

i agree with the fact that this woman is a waste of society and yes she probably was under the influence of drugs at the time. but i gotta speak up in regards to the "meth mouth" comments. why is it that a person in need of dental work is automatically a meth user? i have never used meth, and it sucks to be me, but i have dental flaws that steam from a childhood illness and find the "meth mouth" assumptions uncalled for.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

Parrothead - Guardian - TheStig - I agree completely.BTW, I think I probably knew you in a "previous life".

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

Parrothead, nice post. It was thoughtful, well written, logically presented and with far more patience than I have, obviously. You won't be surprised to hear that these are the qualities I have found in 99% of those that wear the LPD badge.I haven't heard the condition of the office that was injured. Has there been a press release I missed? 99% of Lawrence wishes him and his family all the best.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

parrothead,Very, very well stated.

parrothead 5 years, 4 months ago

One more thing LG40. I would submit that you would be well served to sign up for a “ride along” program with LPD or some other large department. It just might give you a better understanding of what the job is all about and you might better appreciate the challenges of making difficult decisions in seconds that are analyzed, second guessed, and in some cases adjudicated, for years afterward. Kansas requires extensive training and continuing education of all its law enforcement officers. We’re far from perfect, but in this state you have some of the best law enforcement officers in the country who provide a thoroughly professional service.

parrothead 5 years, 4 months ago

LG40 nice work, you’ve managed to anger several people whom you likely don’t know with personal attacks that have nothing to do with the situation at hand. I am a cop, although not in Lawrence or Douglas County, and I was involved in a few pursuits back in my patrol officer days. And yes, two of them ended in crashes but it was only the bad guy who crashed and they only hurt themselves.The choice to pursue or not is by its very nature made in a matter of seconds. Officers make this decision based on the information that is known, their department’s policies as well as their own training and experience. In other words, what’s the crime/reason for pursuit, what does my department allow in this circumstance, and do I have the training/expertise needed to carry out this pursuit?There is obviously danger in conducting a pursuit and anyone, “sycophant” or not, should understand there is danger in a lot of things an officer does every day. The question is generally one of reasonableness. Is it reasonable to pursue the suspect given the totality of circumstances mentioned above? From what I gather this woman was suspected of committing at least one aggravated burglary and a variety of other serious felonies. Someone like this needs to be caught before they can either commit addition crimes or worse, escalate to even more dangerous crimes.Also, your statement “Sycophantic support of law enforcement, regardless of their conduct, will eventually lead to a police state” lacks foundation and is wholly unsupported. I’ve been in many a community across this country that openly, and in many cases avidly, supports their police yet the Constitution and Bill of Rights wasn’t thrown out the window as a result. Quite the opposite is true in my experience because a community that supports its law enforcement enhances the desire of the law enforcement personnel to uphold the law. For whatever reason, you appear to have an “us vs them” attitude toward the police and that’s sad. Law enforcement officers of course need oversight, checks and balances and they have them, in spades. If you don’t believe that try visiting a few other countries where cops are free to do as they please and the average citizen has no recourse of ANY kind.What I’ve written here isn’t likely to change your mind and that’s OK by me. Civil discourse, emphasis on "civil," is one of the things that makes this country great. But please at least try to be a bit more open minded about your police department. I know several who serve in Lawrence and Douglas County and not a one of them do I consider unworthy of the badge. Nor are they out there trying to get what you call a “macho thrill” by getting involved in a pursuit. They are dedicated men and women who day in and day out deal with the worst elements of society and take on tasks that most citizens would never dream of handling.

jafs 5 years, 4 months ago

The question of whether current LPD guidelines for when to engage in high-speed chases are wise is a valid public policy question.Leaving these decisions entirely up to law enforcement may or may not be the best way to make them.Our society was founded on a system of "checks and balances" - are folks suggesting we give this up?

madmike 5 years, 4 months ago

Sycopathic law enforcement worship, versus your goofy rantings. What's wrong Lawrenceguy? Get arrested or some tickets?

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

ACP - "I get the info first hand from the police themselves". You do better than the LJW then. They have to go to court to try and get info from LPD. And you see nothing wrong with your statement. There is the problem. Sycophantic LE hero worship!

hippiecowgalMOM 5 years, 4 months ago

Just wanted to put out a Thank You to the sherriff's officer that held me at the Kanwaka corner stop sign while this crazy chic & the first few LPD cars sped past. Obviously, I had no idea that this was headed my way and if he hadn't been there to stop me, I'd have been coming straight at her driving recklessly down 40 to get away. I am forever grateful to this deputy for his actions. Not a supporter for chases except for the most serious crimes, so I am truly thankful that there weren't more injuries & extend best wishes to the officer & his family for a quick recovery.

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 4 months ago

LG40: I do not need to look through the archives. I get the info first hand from the police themselves, remember I did state in my first post that the family and friends of the LE read these posts. Why, I have no clue at this point. If my child stepped or pulled out in front of the speeding police cars w/ lights & sirens on, then my child would be to blame for not obeying the laws. I would be devastated none the less, but I surely would not blame the police for doing their jobs. I would blame myself for not teaching my child to pay attention to every detail going on around them.

smitty 5 years, 4 months ago

JW, do a story on the dangers of stop sticks or stingers to LE. There is a high death rate associated with the deployment of stop sticks. Stop sticks or stringers are extremely dangerous for law enforcement to deploy resulting in a high incident of injury and death to LE. I don't want our officers to be placed in such a dangerous situation especially since the danger to LE is well documented.

whatupdown 5 years, 4 months ago

I support the cops catching these freaks, dangerous yes but they have to be stoped. Make running a agg personal crime with a mandatory 10 yr jail time, don't blame the cops for having to run these rejects down.

AnglNSpurs 5 years, 4 months ago

HOLY CRAP!! I just caught something, this chick is 27!!!! She looks like she is 40! Guess that is what meth will do to you..... wow, she is rough!! I wonder if she is going to use the excuse "Aliens were after her." You know, maybe I watch too much TV, but I hope they (her defense attorneys) dont say she was under extreme emotional stress if it is true her hubby was killed in June and the thing about her parents. I think she knew damn good and well what she did! I am glad to hear that she is caught, I was watching the news last night and they said the Lawrence officer that was hit is in Stable Condition, that is good news! I hope they do throw the book at her and not let up! She needs to go away for along time and probably will.

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

Concerned_Parent - you make very naive comments. So if your child had stepped in front of one of those speeding cars yesterday, "it would probably be my child's fault"? I cannot judge my children like that, but I guess you must believe it would be some kind of divine justice.As for, "LE have to answer to the public and their superiors in situations like this", in reality they close ranks, their stories contradict each other and they refuse to release information about the incident. Look through the archives of this newspaper if you do not believe me.

Laura Wilson 5 years, 4 months ago

My father was in the left turn lane turning onto Stull Rd. when this person's car zoomed around him on the right on 40. She was going so fast she rocked his truck, but he was thankful he wasn't a few seconds slower or she would have creamed into him. He never would say that the police shouldn't have been chasing this person, even if he had been hit! The blame is fully on the person fleeing arrest and none on the cops doing their job!

bobberboy 5 years, 4 months ago

If you have ever been burglarized you would know what's it like to be violated. It's not a physical thing like rape but it leaves the same impression on your physic.

jonas_opines 5 years, 4 months ago

"apparently LG40 and JJH have never heard of the “broken windows” philosophy of policing. that's how Rudy Giuliani cleaned up NYC. when you see a broken muffler, you stop it. somebody who runs for a broken muffler probably needs to be caught."You should read the section on that in Freakanomics, Gnome. It's not particularly certain that the philosophy did anything productive in and of itself.

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

and while some are LPD bashing, I have to ask the obvious... where is Smitty?

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

Leadstone said:"So by these examples I feel that maybe the LPD should pick their battles a bit more carefully. Hope the man struck recovers well."I would imagine that some of the folks who flee the police do so because they have, unknown to the police, done something much more serious than the speeding infraction or loud muffler or broken tail light that might be the reason for the police to try to pull them over in the first place. Perhaps we need to only hire police who are clairvoyant!

Marty_McFly 5 years, 4 months ago

iowastreetradar (Anonymous) says… I do not condone this ladies actions whatsoever. I do say this. Her dad shot and killed her mother, and then shot himself killing him. Google it, Auburn Kansas, August 2001--------I think they must be an Aunt & Uncle. She's not mentioned in either obituary.

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 4 months ago

Just to set the record straight, it is a Lawrence Police Officer that is injured, not a trooper. Yes, they are all part of the same LE family.

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 4 months ago

Lawrenceguy40: There were no injuries, thankfully, in that high speed chase you quoted. I hope that I never lose a loved one in any altercation with the law, if I do though, it would probably be my child's fault. I will say this though, the officers do not lose the ability to make good decisions while in a pursuit no matter how much adrenalin. These people that have chosen to become LE have to answer to the public and their superiors in situations like this. I can guarantee you that I am thankful we have the LE that we do. I know several LPD officers personally and they would do anything in their power to protect the innocent from being injured in this situation or any. They would rather injure themselves than an innocent. I have pity for you if you feel the need to bash the very men and women that protect you every day.

leadstone 5 years, 4 months ago

Nam Ouk Cho-driver of car struck and killed a lady by SteaknShake.Jason Tremble-Shot a pistol outside Brothers' Bar and proceeded to flee from cops in the Downtown area, fortunatly he was arrested in the woods by the river B4 he could hurt anyone else. So it seems to me that sometimes it pays to give chase, others it pays NOT to. Cho was being chased because he didn't stop for a speeding ticket=Lost LifeTremble fired into a group of people injuring many=HE was worth the chase. So by these examples I feel that maybe the LPD should pick their battles a bit more carefully. Hope the man struck recovers well.

DouglasCountySucks 5 years, 4 months ago

I suggest anyone who can do a better job at law enforcement get a degree and take the oath and protect and serve.We have the best law enforcement in the midwest in Kansas. Everyday if they get to go home is a great day.Each one of those men and women with a badge put their lives on the line to keep us all safe.Until you are one of them, you have NO CLUE as to what they do or think. ( I hope the Trooper hit recovers and is good) All our prayers are with him , his family and brothers.

iowastreetradar 5 years, 4 months ago

I do not condone this ladies actions whatsoever. I do say this. Her dad shot and killed her mother, and then shot himself killing him. Google it, Auburn Kansas, August 2001.

iowastreetradar 5 years, 4 months ago

?????????????????????????????????????????????????She must be going through a stress syndrome. Check out the name Joseph Beier, Topeka. He was shot and killed at the, "Whiplash bar", in Topeka, July 2008. They had children together. He owned a dealership/car lot on N Topeka Blvd.????????????????????????????????????????????

HangingTen 5 years, 4 months ago

If you believe everything you read on a blog (and why shouldn't I?), there was a comment on cjonline with some interesting info. This person reports that Ms S stole several vehicles in Topeka on Tues morning and then made the mistake of breaking into a LPD officer's house. Of course her next run in with the law was another LPD Officer with stop-sticks until finally she ran head on into a DG Deputy.

nunya 5 years, 4 months ago

The LPD, S.O. and KHP did what we as civilians expect, their jobs, and at what, the cost of a very honorable person being seriously injured to save others lives, "in order to serve and protect his or her community." Yet many of you complain that law enforcement officials acted in appropriately, "it was only burglaries that sparked the chase," Have you ever been burglarized or know people who have and the effects that a burglary can have on a person. Probably not, probably self focused, and/or had things handed to you your whole life , or live outside of reality!Law enforcement is truly here to serve and protect us all! Who else do you expect to serve and protect us???

bearded_gnome 5 years, 4 months ago

TheStig,I suspect that anything the eeeeeeevil poooooolice do is suspect in the eyes of LG40. try lookin' at some of his posting history. he's a real nutbag. I'm glad PD caught Ms. Barbara Jo Schwartzenhertz and has her under lock and key. indeed, why was she on the road after Topeka had her in June? and, Question: will Branson plea bargain this one down too? again, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery by the officer, and am relieved he is in stable condition. for a hit like that I took some comfort that they didn't call a chopper for him. *apparently LG40 and JJH have never heard of the "broken windows" philosophy of policing. that's how Rudy Giuliani cleaned up NYC. when you see a broken muffler, you stop it. somebody who runs for a broken muffler probably needs to be caught.I agree with Hoots, I listen to scanner too and I think personally the PD is too quick to call off pursuits, but they're the pros, not me. I remember the guy who went crazy at checkers couple years ago, carjacked at the Mass st. gas station. pd called off that chase in town! MO didn't call off the chase and 150+ miles later the guy, Brandon-something got stopped, and he was cracked up or on something. thank God he got stopped. and the case LG40 linked to was actually handled very professionally by LPD. again. anything LPD does, or the police in general is suspect in LG40's eyes because of his towering intellect and amazing insight. I just don't understand why he isn't mayor, or rather emperor of lawrence!

triplegoddess13 5 years, 4 months ago

There is nothing petty about burglary and running from the police. There are strict policies in place to govern chases and if there was reason enough to continue the chase then so be it. We don't know the full extent of the story so stop the armchair quarterbacking. Thoughts for a speedy recovery for the officer that was struck.

doc1 5 years, 4 months ago

TheStig ---- Couldn't have said it any clearer than that. A good point to notice is simply this. If you follow Lawrenceguy40's complaints the police shouldn't pursue a fellony home invasion suspect. I completely understand the danger it puts to other drivers on the road, however if we completely tied the hands of law enforcement what message does that send to the criminal element? The word would spread like wildfire and any criminal caught red handed could simply get away by fleeing without the fear of not being chased. This would cause a serious downturn in public safety in itself. Lawrenceguy and the other people on here seem to know it all. If you were in charge of the police force sir, your city would be rampant with crime.

HangingTen 5 years, 4 months ago

I would like to note that according to the shawnee website, Ms. Schnegelsiepen has only one traffic ticket on her Shawnee record and this was for speeding back in 2000 - so maybe she's not as bad of a driver as we've been lead to believe. However, in one of her more recent (April 08) situations, she had a little theft and battery misunderstanding. Looks like the theft was dismissed and she plead to the battery. She was ordered to serve 6 months in jail but it was suspended to 12 months of supervised probation. I'm guessing her PO won't be needing to have her check in with them anytime soon...Hope all the LEOs in today's incident are going to be okay.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

"Guardian, rest assured tonight, I could certainly buy and sell your ass before you get to your Mom's computer each morning."My, my, my! One of us is very impressed with himself.Anytime you want to try to buy me, windbag, bring your checkbook. I'll let you know when you have enough zeros,. Just be prepared to stay awhile.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 4 months ago

I hope Barbara Jo doesn't use the picture above for her Christmas Card. A picture is worth a thousand words, this one screams METH!!! Get the help you need girl! And I really hope that cop has a fast and full recovery.

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

Oh so now we are all macho sycophantic supporters of law enforcement hypocrites who are teetering on the edge of a fascist police state because those we hire and who risk their lives to protect us are also given privilege and powers not available to ordinary citizens. I see. Well that settles it then, your superior insight leaves as all in awe. On the off chance you aren't a complete wacho and open to a reasoned argument I'll just mention that burglary and aggravated burglary are not a petty crime and neither are auto theft or car jacking. Police do not blindly pursue each and every petty criminal and by assuming they do you set up a false premise which leads to a false conclusion.

nekansan 5 years, 4 months ago

"For anyone who might even think that Ms. Schnegelsiepen is an upstanding and misunderstood citizen, take a look at her record. You'll find a little bit about her by going to the www.shawneecourt.org website. I know it's a lot to look through - especially since she has a number of aliases. Hopefully the legal staff in Douglas county can take care of Shawnee's trash."And that's just from the times the police bothered to actually chase her down.......

rcr 5 years, 4 months ago

"People booked into the Shawnee County Jail in connection with felonies.Barbara Jo Schnegelsiepen, 27, in connection with aggravated burglary, auto theft and criminal use of a financial card" -------------------------------------------------------------------------Apparently she didn't learn her lesson the first time. This was in the Topeka paper on June 11th of this year. Why was she not still locked up from this earlier arrest?

HangingTen 5 years, 4 months ago

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

All I am saying is that pursuing petty criminals at high speed, with innocents all around, is foolish policy. Criminals are dumb and they will give LE a second, third and fourth chance to catch them without risking the public. That requires good police work, but does not provide opportunity to get your macho thrills like a good car chase does. How can it be a serious matter for an ordinary citizen to be caught driving 30mph down Vermont, but be OK for LPD to pursue someone down the same street at 80mph? Hypocrisy! (BTW, I've never had a ticket in 40 years of driving.)Sycophantic support of law enforcement, regardless of their conduct, will eventually lead to a police state.

oxandale 5 years, 4 months ago

So, LJW identified her in the caption under the picutre butnot in the article ?? "The suspect — who also was not identified Tuesday — ultimately was captured a mile north of Stull, after a Lawrence police officer’s vehicle struck the suspect's vehicle and ended the chase."

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

lawrenceguy40 (Anonymous) says… "Common sense dictates that nothing very good can come from chasing cars at high speed…." If you don't count capturing a suicidal armed multiple car jacking felon without anyone getting hurt which is apparently what happened in the case you mention which is a very very very good thing.

Hoots 5 years, 4 months ago

If you take a good look at the close-up of the woman it looks like she’s working on a nice case of Meth-Mouth. I’m not kidding.

Hoots 5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, Lawrenceguy40 there was an incident a few years ago and a woman was killed out by Target. The guy they had stopped chasing was still driving crazy and hit the woman’s car at a very high rate of speed. The guy that was driving the car had been reported by several drivers between KC and Lawrence. He was reported by local drivers as well. He was driving at high speed and in a very erratic manner. He was driving down Mass St. at a high rate of speed and other streets in Lawrence before the police ever intervened. The LPD was over a mile behind him when he crashed. So I guess it should be OK to be all cracked out…drive around town like you are out of your head and the LPD is just suppose to wave at you when you fly by? The guy was whacked out on drugs, paranoid, and behaving dangerously. So that was the LPD's fault HOW??? I hope you don't have children. If you do I'm sure they never do wrong.

Bladerunner 5 years, 4 months ago

Lawrenceguy40...name one single chase that went 45 min. and ended up in downtown lawrence. Give one single date and time or a suspect name. You are a liar.. Stop posting..we are sick of your Sh*t.

Gina Bailey-Carbaugh 5 years, 4 months ago

JJH1213, my last name has nothing to do with anything, you moron. Are you making an ass-umption about me based on my hyphenated last name? It happens to be my divorced name, dumbass. At least I'm not hiding behind "Anonymous". gees.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

And LG40 - I hope you never have a family member hurt, or even burglarized, and the cops just don't try to catch them. Ya really think they drive their own cars and just getting a tag number is enough?? Yes, people do get hurt and killed in pursuits - but think about the wording - it is a pursuit - one party is fleeing. And your point about vehicles being "allowed" to cross the Kaw bridge into downtown after 45 minutes - Well gee, don't ya think they might have liked to (and tried several times) to stop them before they got to that point. Sometimes the "bad guys/girls" just don't follow the rules. If the cops sit back and do nothing, you would probably be among the first to jump up and down and say "Why didn't they do something???"Damned if they do an damned if they don't !!!!

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

Concerned_parent - I had not forgotten what I said. I stand by it. People have been killed during pursuits involving LPD. Pursued vehicles have been allowed to cross the Kaw bridge (despite a 45 minute pursuit in Leavenworth county - ample warning) and have been chased around downtown. Adrenalin kicks in and the ability to make good decisions is lost. Common sense dictates that nothing very good can come from chasing cars at high speed....I hope you never have a child killed in a police pursuit.

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

if you can't say too much, wasntme, why say anything? too tempting to brag that you know something the rest of us don't?

wasntme 5 years, 4 months ago

I cant say to much everything is still under investigation and i should not say anymore i know the owner of the white car. and for multidisciplinary it was not pre planned!!as he said with a ?

HangingTen 5 years, 4 months ago

LawrenceGuy40 - What do you think that death total would be if each of the drivers did what they were supposed to do (pull over when they see the flashing lights and hear the siren)??

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

Well, wasntme -give us "the rest of the story" !! Please

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

Careful, Guardian....I think JJH1213 has the hots for you.This is twice now that he's commented about your ASS?

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

enlighten us please, wasntme.....who DID she rob?

wasntme 5 years, 4 months ago

the reason LPD was making such a big deal about it is because of the person she robbed!!!!

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 4 months ago

Ok lawrenceguy40, yes 42 people have died in the entire state of Kansas due to high speed police chases in 12 years. That does not give you the right to point a finger at LPD and say that they do not have any regard for human life. Like I said early, BACK OFF THE LPD!!!!!!!!Your previous post, in case you had forgotten what you had said.2 December 2008 at 2:52 p.m. Suggest removal Permalink lawrenceguy40 (Anonymous) says… LPD has no respect for human life when it comes to pursuits. Look at their history!

kiddofriendy 5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks to the LPD and other agencies. Maybe other crooks will think twice. My thoughts and prayers go to the officer that was hit. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

TheGreatOz 5 years, 4 months ago

Chances are, someone who engages in a high-speed chase with law enforcement officials is hiding from something a bit more serious than a stolen VCR. Perhaps Sticky Fingers has an extensive rap sheet and didn't want to get caught. I mean, why else would she run? Is she really that incredibly stupid?

JJH1213 5 years, 4 months ago

Lawrenceguy40, without your voice of reason(and statement of facts that most Lawrence citizens do not wish to bother themselves with) I would have to give up on Lawrence or at least those posting on these comment boards. I would guess that you actually work for living, that you don't back up to the KU pay window every two weeks and that you use your own brain rather than one supplied by the government.Guardian, rest assured tonight, I could certainly buy and sell your ass before you get to your Mom's computer each morning.

Hoots 5 years, 4 months ago

Talking about buying and selling people and how much money you have? You sound like some spoiled Frat Boy trying to impress people. YAWN!!! Next we'll hear how big your private parts are if this keeps up. What a bore....

Bad_Brad 5 years, 4 months ago

I tend to side with those who are saying that the police need to be more judicious when deciding to engage in a dangerous, high-speed police chase. For a dangerous murderer or rapist? Sure. That's worth the risk. For a house burglar? Come on. Lots of innocent people were put in harm's way by this chase. Yes, the blame also goes to the perpetrator for running, but it also goes to the police for choosing to put up chase. There is a line to be drawn here somewhere in terms of when to chase and when not to.

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

Why am I always suspicious of those that feel a need to publicly brag about the size of their endowment?

Matt Bowers 5 years, 4 months ago

She is probably from Missouri.

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

JJH1213, I am glad your wife and grandchildren were not hurt. I imagine it was a scary thing. However, let me ask you this. Had the LPD tried to stop this burglary suspect and had the LPD NOT pursued her, your wife would not have heard any SIRENS. And she may very well have pulled out onto 6th street and..................................Glad it did not happen that way. But had it, I'd bet you would be howling mad that the LPD DID NOT attempt to stop this fleeing BURGLARY suspect.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

So, you haven't been caught yet? And I really doubt you could buy me.

JJH1213 5 years, 4 months ago

cheeseburger, go back to what you do best, flipping yourself at the golden arches.Murder, rape? you moron LPD knew it was a house burglary.Gina, your last name says it all, no further comment needed. For the rest of you, please note, no one, I repeat no one has every outrun a radio signal or for that matter a helicopterGuardian, I have not ever even had a misdismeanor, and you may wish to know that I could buy and sell your a$$ any day of the week, my utility bill every month is more than your net worth

5 years, 4 months ago

you might think it was different if it was your house,that was robbed. Ihope the officer is okay and they actually do something about the woman who caused this

Hoots 5 years, 4 months ago

I love it when people assume so much. I have a scanner and can't tell you the number of times they call chases in this town and you never hear about that. The LPD was doing it's job. I love it when people assume that this woman might only be guilty of stealing a few Christmas gifts. People run for a reason. Police often find that these people are suspected of much more than what these chases start out as. How many homes should she be allowed to rob and how many people should she be allowed to victimize before someone puts her away. If it was your home you would want her in JAIL. What she did was possibly break into someones home, took things that didn't belong to her, took away all piece of mind the people had who lived there, and then made the choice to endanger others. Yeah, she should still be free. I guarantee you the family she robbed is grateful to the LPD and the KHP.

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

Correct of the 42 deaths over half were the drivers who choose to flee and 10 more were their accomplices. Darwin Award nominees each one. As for expired tags or faulty mufflers, no rational person flees a minor traffic stop UNLESS they know a record check will show outstanding warrants. Of the very few remaining cases over 12 years I don't think it wise to base public policy on a handful of nut jobs who will flee because of a faulty muffler.The alternative is we will only catch those criminals who choose to surrender, which is absurd.But I am with justaverage. Break into my house and you'll get double tapped and the whole chase thing will be moot.

Jim Phillips 5 years, 4 months ago

People like JJH1213 just like to complain. I'd bet if he/she/it was given a million tax free dollars, he/she/it would complain the denominations weren't right. I also wonder what kind of felony record he/she/it might have.

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

HangingTen and The Stig - "The Wichita Eagle analyzed state records and found that about 20 percent of those killed were in vehicles hit by fleeing cars." That is eight victims with no connection with the fleeing vehicle. Then we have the ten passengers in the fleeing vehicle, that you mention, who may or may not have wished to flee (of course we shall never know, since they are dead!)Stig says; "The cost to society is far less than the benefit of apprehending these dangerous felons and getting them off the streets." From the report - "Eleven of the 35 fatal crashes involved speeding and six were prompted by reckless or erratic driving. One was prompted by an expired tag, one by a cracked windshield, one by a faulty muffler, one by a gas station drive-off and one for running a red light. The reports also indicate that police began chases in about five cases because they suspected an occupant of violence."Dangerous felons???? I would rather let that guy with a faulty muffler get away than have a relative of mine (or yours) killed in a police chase. I guess you have low tolerance for noise or are just an unthinking supporter of law enforcement regardless of their behavior.

justaverage 5 years, 4 months ago

Perp breaks into my house, leaves in body bag. No need for car chase or costly taxpayer expense while perp takes up space in jail. My only concern is that the police officer who was hit by this person recovers. Thank you for your service to our community officer.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

Curious..how did she 'acquire' the second vehicle during a chase?Someone she knew left keys in theirs and she just dropped by?Pre Planning?

TheStig 5 years, 4 months ago

Also according to that Wichita Eagle study (reprinted on 12/1/08) of the 42 deaths in 12 years, 24 were the drivers attempting to elude police and 10 were passengers in those vehicles. So less than one person per year were innocent civilians. Was this fact a deliberate omission meant to mislead? Although each one was horrible, how many dangerous felons were captured after successful police chases where no one was injured? The cost to society is far less than the benefit of apprehending these dangerous felons and getting them off the streets.

doc1 5 years, 4 months ago

Thank you LPD. I for one believe in what you did. You pursued a felony suspect as you should have. I can't believe the people on here thinking that a felony suspect shouldn't be pursued. I hope it's their homes next!! Cheesburger I agree with everything you've mentioned. This is Lawrence and normal people will always be annoyed by the poeple like JHH. JHH don't you have some men bashing or wetland protest you need to be getting to?

HangingTen 5 years, 4 months ago

lawrenceguy40 - How many of those were in the vehicle being pursued?

nofirstname 5 years, 4 months ago

how about the person that the car belonged to just think they have nothing to drive

windex 5 years, 4 months ago

Clearly this was the fault of the LPD. If they had just let her drive away from the burglary, she probably would have just motored happily off to her weekly Bible study and then over to her kids school for a little volunteer work. They interfered with her plans and now look what happened.

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

42 people have been killed in police chases in Kansas in the last 12 years (Source - 1/12/08 Topeka Capital Journal). That is one person killed every 3 and a 1/2 months. Sycophantic comments in support of LE will not bring a single one of those people back. I hope it is not any of you or your loved ones who become the next innocent victim of this type of "catch them at all costs" law enforcement.

OonlyBonly 5 years, 4 months ago

JJH1213 I can't believe your wife was in too much danger IF she was listening to the sirens and observing what was going on. In other words she apparently didn't have the stereo too high and wasn't on the cellphone when they came past.

lily 5 years, 4 months ago

For everyone criticizing how this was handled by law enforcement get off your duffs and do it better. It's never going to be done to everyone's satisfaction. Could it have been handled differently? Better? Maybe. Who is going to make that call at this point. They have to act in the moment. How do we know it was only a break in and someone wasn't left on the floor with a knot on their head or worse dead.Regardless, a crime was committed and she ran. Guilty.Now she's guilty of a whole lot more. Be careful what you wish for and law enforcement may just start standing around waiting for us all knowing citizens to call the shots. Then who ya gonna be mad at. I'm not making those kind of decisions which is why I'm not in law enforcement.My best to the officers involved and to the injured and his family. God Bless.

Pudgy1 5 years, 4 months ago

It would be nice if cops didn't have to pursue anyone for any reason. I would surmise that if LPD never tried to apprehend a burlgary suspect, the burglary rate would rise astronomically, thereby increasing everyone's taxes, and the price of all goods and services. Just something else for some of you to piss and moan about I guess.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

(Wants to be fly on wall when Jonathan saw that link, said,"Oh ^&*", and shuffled to yank it!)

bearded_gnome 5 years, 4 months ago

Jonathan,good job on the quick coverage online! and kudos for pulling the pic and admitting when you were wrong. ***not much to add to Cheeseburger's and Madmike's comments. it is funny how many experts in the principles of police chases come out. just amazing how much expertise is lirking out there, having had no runins with the law themselves! yes, once she hit a police vehicle, in most cities, it'd be "break out the shotguns" much cheaper than a Hellfire Missile, just as deadly. yes, she was a burglary suspect, but: the details of that burglary aren't listed here; no word of what the PD knew about her before the chase, i.e. substance abuse, weapons, priors. I love how automatically some dopes think the lpd was wrong. God care for the officer and grant a speedy recovery. it does take personal courage to be a police officer, to protect the rest of us. and this wench should thank her lucky stars she's even alive now.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

If my information is correct, I know the guy that was hit. Hoping he is OK and not too badly hurt. Keeping he and his family in my thoughts.

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

nekansan - You're right - she is showing the same amount of remorse as Ramona Morgan did when she ran over the two highway 59 workers - NONE! I, too, hope Branson will depart from his usual leniency and get tough with this woman!

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 4 months ago

"why do we have such idiots in lawrence?"She appeared to heading back to her home town...

Luxor 5 years, 4 months ago

The_Original_Bob, you called it!

nekansan 5 years, 4 months ago

Clearly this woman has no respect for life or other people. We should be thankful that the LPD officers were trying to apprehend her before she could victimize anyone else. Now lets just hope we can all start hoping for a speedy recovery for the injured officer. Watching the video she does not seem the least bit upset for running down a cop and possibly killing him. Next will be time for Branson to step up and charge this woman with attempted murder, assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon and anything else that is applicable. From the sounds of things it should be a laundry list.

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

XEPCTare you saying that if your house is burglarized you want police officers to risk their lives to get your useless crap back?

XEPCT 5 years, 4 months ago

tvc ... they removed the picture

Jonathan Kealing 5 years, 4 months ago

I did indeed. As the cutline mentions, wasn't supposed to be online. And — as of now — it's not.Jonathan KealingOnline editor

XEPCT 5 years, 4 months ago

Kealing, you just got punked.

XEPCT 5 years, 4 months ago

stuckinthemiddle ... am I to understand that if someone burglarizes your home, you, in your infinite wisdom, will not be calling the police? If so, please post your address, that way burglars will know where they can target without worrying about retribution and the rest of Lawrence's citizens can sleep easier. Thank you. I hope everything turns out well for the police officer.

Jonathan Kealing 5 years, 4 months ago

tvc-We're not publishing the photo of the injured officer at this time. None of the officers in the photo or video were struck by the fleeing vehicle.Jonathan KealingOnline editor

tvc 5 years, 4 months ago

The name of the officer has not been released, but I am sure he could be identified by the picture you posted.

madmike 5 years, 4 months ago

Lawrenceguy probably has had run-ins with the local law enforcement and wanted to snivel.

xfactor 5 years, 4 months ago

Our community is in extremely capable hands. We are fortunate to have the Police Chief and Sheriff that we have. For the one who made the negative comment about Lawrence PD, I can assure you that our Police Chief, who is a Ph.D., is more than capable of making the correct call regarding the criteria for when to pursue suspects in a vehicle and when not to.

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 4 months ago

Alright, lawrenceguy40, you had just back off right now. Do you realize that there are family members of the LPD force and other law enforcements agencies reading these posts? If the LPD has no respect for human life then explain to me why every day when they report for duty do they risk their own llives for complete strangers? One day yours might be the one they save on one of these such days. High speed chases are a risk in city, town or community. There are several factors to consider in the high speed chases, all of which have to do with obeying the laws of traffic when you encounter a law enforcement vehicle. Think twice before you make such a broad statement. They might think twice about saving your sorry life some day.

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

Well stuck, your last post is actually correct. Please remember, however, that the officers involved did not have the benefit of hindsight - they were making split-second decisions based on the facts and their training. It's much easier to sit back and judge after the fact, but these guys are out there living it as it happens.

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 4 months ago

Danimal 5 years, 4 months ago

We have excellent law enforcement here in KS and Lawrence. I hope the trooper that was hit is okay. The exact same thing happened in the town where a grew up a couple years back. The officer survived, barely. It's a real testament to our law enforcement by how professionally they handled this whole incident after one of their fellow officers had just been run down by this woman moments before.

madmike 5 years, 4 months ago

Once this suspect struck the officer, it became attempted murder of a police officer. The burglary itself was a felony, as was the attempt to escape the police. Monday morning quarterbacks always know best, especially civilians that know nothing of law enforcement procedures but are quick to handout police advice from their computers.

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

the fact is… a police officer was injured as part of a high-speed chase... involving a burglary suspect...if the officer’s injuries are serious... or if he dies... everyone will decide for themselves whether or not it was worth it to catch this burglary suspect...

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

srj - you are spot-on! You can bet the officers, supervisors, and maybe even the chief were all making ongoing judgments as to whether to continue or not. That decision is best left to the people who have the training and experience, not to people like stuckinstupidity who believes his armchair quarterbacking abilities qualifies him as an expert on such matters.

waka1 5 years, 4 months ago

dude i dont see why it is not elegal for cops to speed hope no one got hurt and yes i have knowed some nice cops

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

You're exactly right, Prof., and law enforcement treats them as serious and dangerous events. That's why most departments have an SOP regarding chases. The line at which a chase is authorized or not may vary, but that is understandable, given that circumstances of the incident may vary.That 'suspect' ought to be darn glad she's not dead. Most departments would have authorized the use of deadly force by officers once she hit the patrol vehicles and the officer. The officers apparently used great restraint in bringing this matter to a peaceful close.Prayers to the injured officer.

Steve Jacob 5 years, 4 months ago

I think the point some are making is at some point, it is not worth chasing a suspect. Depending on crime and/or damage and injury to others possible by chase. It is a valid question, and I will not question their decision as long as they also thought about the question and decided to continue.

Professor_Marvel 5 years, 4 months ago

Let's always remember that police chases are a serious and dangerous business, and that standards for engaging in such a chase are a legitimate issue for public review. 42 people have died in Kansas in such chases in the last 12 years. Where they all worthwhile? A good review here:http://www.kansas.com/457/story/615472.html

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 4 months ago

Take a gander at that gals picture. One word comes to mind, "Meth."

mom_of_three 5 years, 4 months ago

I hope the LPD officer will be fine.

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

cheeseburgeras I said... you're an idiot...we're not talking about rape or kidnapping...it was a burglary…yours is a completely asinine straw man argument...nothing you have said has any substance at all…

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

Annoyed_Citizen 5 years, 4 months ago

Why are you arguing if LPD was in the right or wrong? The fact remains that an officer was injured doing his job, he doesn't decide policies and procedure, he simply does the best that he can do to keep his community safe. As for JHH, and others who are consistantly spouting nonsense about LPD not doing their jobs, or LPD doing this and that wrong? Next time your house gets broken into, or your child runs away, or your spouse or loved one gets hit by a hit and run drunk driver, or if you get robbed at gunpoint....how about this? Instead of calling 911 for help, call a crackhead and don't b*tch and complain when you don't get the result you want. They work hard to keep our city as safe as they can. If that offends you, move.

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

Ok stuck - when someone rapes your spouse, kidnaps your child, or steals everything in your house, don't bother asking for law enforcement intervention They'll just let the thugs drive off and everyone will be happy! Right? Yeah, you'd be the first one to shout 'why isn't anyone doing anything?' People of your mentality disgust me - always bashing public safety officials - until you need one, of course!

salad 5 years, 4 months ago

"Anyone who runs like that should be lit up with a hellfire missle"Too expensive. Those things are like $500,000 each...or are you suggesting a tax increase to pay for said Hellfire missles??? A bullet is cheaper, I mean so what if it's a moving car, LPD and KHP take lessons and stuff, right?

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

sorry... my comment was meant for JJH1213

stuckinthemiddle 5 years, 4 months ago

chipsahoy22you're right... the police department shouldn't be risking peoples' lives on trying to catch a burglary suspect...cheeseburgeryou're the idiot...

METALQ2 5 years, 4 months ago

JJH---Give us a break. Stop whining about the jobs these officials do. Someday YOU may need their assistance. I sincerely believe a much larger % of Lawrence residents believe in our PD than do not.

Gina Bailey-Carbaugh 5 years, 4 months ago

JJH1213:Wise up LPD?!?Just who was the lead car in that chase? LPD? Nooooo, the CRIMINAL who, as you said, was all over the road. LPD and KHP were doing their jobs.Thank goodness no one else was injured. but your anger is misplaced, fella.

cheeseburger 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm glad your wife is OK, JJH, but you're an idiot! Would you prefer that burglars, rapists, murderers, etc. be allowed to do as they please and then just leave a scene in a reckless manner so law enforcement won't attempt to take control of the situation? Give me a break!!!!

chipsahoy22 5 years, 4 months ago

why do we have such idiots in lawrence? hurting police officers, hope he's ok.

JJH1213 5 years, 4 months ago

My wife with my two grandchildren in the back seat was turning left to go east on 6th (Methodist Church parking lot exit), when the chased vehicle and police passed directly in front of her. By the grace of God, my wife had not pulled out onto 6th as the pursued vehicle was "all over the road". Many lives were endangered by the suspect as well as law enforcement. Over what, a house BURGLARY, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Wise up Lawrence PD

maxcrabb 5 years, 4 months ago

Assuming the white female taken into custody was the burglar and driver, I'd say she's got a laundry list of charges awaiting her in the next few days.Of course, she (along with everyone else) should be praying that the officer struck doesn't die, or I doubt she ever leaves a prison cell for the rest of her life.(and really, I understand people don't want to go to jail, but there's a point where being arrested for the original offense would be nothing compared to all the charges added on to a criminal who ran. Plus fines for all the damage caused. Really, just save everyone the time and effort and just give up when you're caught. That's the trade off for you cheating at life and stealing from others so you don't have to work as hard.)

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 4 months ago

That river does tend to limit just where a person can flee to.Best wishes for all involved, and may their holidays be blessed with only good news.

Larry_The_Moocher 5 years, 4 months ago

Anyone who runs like that should be lit up with a hellfire missle.

js02 5 years, 4 months ago

Any word on what the chase is about? My sympathies go out to the officer that was hit. I really hope he's ok and they catch the person that caused this.

horsegirl 5 years, 4 months ago

This happened out by my house. My father is there. A Highway patrolman is laying in the ditch at 200 Road and Highway 40. Crazy. I hope he's okay.

AnglNSpurs 5 years, 4 months ago

My Prayers go out to the officer struck..... I sincerely hope he is okay, the Law Enforcement and Medical Agencies in this county do not need another friend/co-worker/family member hurt or worse. Lets all hope and pray this chase ends and the suspect is apprehended quickly, so that anyone else involved in the chase or just in the wrong place at the wrong time does not get hurt.