This week on "Jayni's Kitchen": Join Jayni for a glimpse of her new cookbook, “The Best of Jayni's Kitchen.”
On the menu:
• Sweet Piquante Peppers Stuffed With Goat Cheese
• Red Lentil Soup With Apricot And Mango
• Chicken Provencal
• Burnt Sugar Bread Pudding
• Chocolate-Dipped Espresso Cookies
Sweet Piquante Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
4 ounces soft goat cheese, chilled
3 to 4 tablespoons crème fraiche, chilled
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
1 14-ounce jar whole sweet piquante peppers*
Fresh rosemary sprigs
* Sweet piquante peppers are tiny, bright red peppers from South Africa. They are bathed in a sweet sour marinade. The peppers can sometimes be purchased in bulk.
In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and crème fraiche, blending with a fork until smooth. Stir in the minced rosemary.
Drain the liquid from the piquante peppers. If some peppers do not sit upright, slice a very thin piece off the bottoms. Spoon the cheese mixture into a pastry bag or a small plastic storage bag** and pipe it into the peppers. Place the peppers on a serving plate, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more. Garnish the plate with rosemary sprigs and serve chilled. The recipe makes 24 to 30 stuffed peppers.
** A plastic storage bag may be used in place of a pastry bag. Fill the storage bag with the cheese mixture, seal and snip a small opening in one corner of the bag.
— Recipe by Jayni Carey