Advertisement

Archive for Monday, August 4, 2008

Fire victim in ‘good condition’ at KU Hospital

A KU student who jumped from a central Lawrence home to escape an early morning fire last week is now in good condition.

August 4, 2008

Advertisement

Sam Buhler, one of two Kansas University students injured in a fire at 1005 Ind., was listed in good condition, a nursing supervisor at Kansas University Hospital said Monday.

Buhler jumped out of a second-story window to escape the blaze, which started about 5 a.m. Thursday. His injuries were serious, and his father said he needed a knee operation.

Buhler is one of four college-age men who lived in the home, which was declared a total loss. The fire originated from the illegal use of fireworks.

Comments

Tom Jones 5 years, 8 months ago

Has anyone heard exaclly where they were shooting them off from, and what happened, and who was shooting them off?

0

workinghard 5 years, 8 months ago

I think I read there was a fire escape, just probably not at the window he jumped out of.

0

workinghard 5 years, 8 months ago

The parents will find some way to blame the landlords.

0

lawrenceguy40 5 years, 8 months ago

Good news! Why don't we all go out and let off some fireworks to celebrate this?

0

Kufan57 5 years, 8 months ago

Why did Sam have to jump??? Where was the fire escape for him to use???

0

solsken66 5 years, 8 months ago

The article does not specifically say if the fireworks were being set off on the property or some other property in the area.

0

Buggie7 5 years, 8 months ago

Even though Im sorry for this mans injuries another person lost some property that cost him alot of money blood sweat and tears. I hope these young people are taking responsibility for their action and the owner is compensated by them and by the insurance Co 100%. The illegal use of fireworks in this location was completely an act of stupidity and I was shocked to hear about it. although I know its protocol for people to come through in a time like this and help. I dont believe certain things that have been given to the young ones responsible for this should have been given. Even though they are good intentions to do so. I hope for a speedy recovery and maybe they can put forth a lil effort physically to help rebuild this house for the homeowner. He is now lost out on a income from a property as well as the historic property itself.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.