Archive for Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alcohol OK’d for Wilco concert downtown

April 30, 2008

A May 14 downtown concert won its final piece of city approval.

Commissioners unanimously approved the necessary licenses to allow concert promoters to sell alcohol at the concert, which will be the near the intersection of Ninth and Massachusetts streets.

The concert - staged by Lawrence-based Pipeline Productions - will feature Wilco.

Comments

unelectable 6 years, 11 months ago

"which will be the near the intersection of Ninth and Massachusetts streets"really?

geniusmannumber1 6 years, 11 months ago

Why is everyone acting like the fact that a downtown Wilco concert is happening is news?

acg 6 years, 11 months ago

LOL Bob, I was thinking the same thing. God forbid there be a downtown concert and holy crap, people may drink beer at this thing? Well, I for one, am outraged that there is beer and music and happiness and I'm writing a LTE right now to demand a stop to all of this tomfoolery.

swhite 6 years, 11 months ago

I agree TOB and acg. If people don't want to go then don't. But don't ruin it for the ones who may want to go.

Baille 6 years, 11 months ago

Sounds like a good time to me. Well done, Pipeline.

a_flock_of_jayhawks 6 years, 11 months ago

Will there be tazers? You bet. They might put a special Rock Shock Jayhawk sticker on every 100th beer cup that entitles you to some 5-0 shock and awe!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years, 11 months ago

Wilco has a big and loyal following, since they are one of the best touring bands around right now. The place will be hopping.

swhite 6 years, 11 months ago

informed: Not paranoid about anything. They knew finals would be done. I just get tired of people complaining about something and they may not even be going. If you want to go then go have fun. I think it's a good idea to have the concert and I think they should have more. Problem with that?

iplaysupernintendo 6 years, 11 months ago

I hear the city is going to close down New Hampshire between the 9th and 10th block. Surely they will leave parking available in the parking garage? (Especially for those of us that work downtown that day, and park in the parking garage everyday...)?

geniusmannumber1 6 years, 11 months ago

It doesn't look like they're going to close the garage; I think it's being promoted as a benefit to the location. Just my guess.http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/mar/26/outdoor_concert_downtown_okd/Funny thing, too. b3 made the exact same comment on that story a month ago. Hilarious! Not only is b3 the LJW's most ineffective troll, but b3 is the least imaginative troll, too.