Archive for Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Woman’s body found at northern Lawrence business park

April 23, 2008

Police are investigating an unattended death at Lakeview Business Center, 2901 Lakeview Rd.

Lawrence police were called to the scene at 2:05 p.m. Officers on the scene said the body of a 49-year-old white rural Lawrence woman was found in the cab of the pickup truck at a parking lot entrance.

The site is just south of the Lawrence Energy Center.

According to Kim Murphree, spokeswoman for the Lawrence Police Department, there are no obvious signs of foul play. The investigation continues and no further details are available.

Murphree said the woman's name will not be released until her family is notified.

Comments

hawkperchedatriverfront 5 years, 12 months ago

"white rural Lawrence woman", interesting. would someone from the inner city read "white inner city woman", or :"white suburban woman" or "white vacationer from the midwest". .What is wrong with "white female".?

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 12 months ago

Rural..does that mean Big Springs or what?

Godot 5 years, 12 months ago

No details, yet she was a "white rural Lawrence woman."

BlackVelvet 5 years, 12 months ago

Folks, the Police are not going to release any "details" during the early stages of an investigation. That's the way it is. That's the way it has always been.

Missladycheyenne 5 years, 12 months ago

It was sad I had my kids in the car when I picked up my DH from the LPC and that was at 3pm and my kids seen the police tape and the feet & legs sticking out. You could tell she was gone. It was kind of strange how there was a center block behind the front wheel and the way she was laying & no shoes. She was right next to the mail boxes. Just all so strange.My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as well.

usesomesense 5 years, 12 months ago

It is my understanding that the woman was identified and her family came out to collect some things but still had not removed the truck as of 5:00.

usesomesense 5 years, 12 months ago

From what I heard they did identify her and the family came out to collect some stuff but hadn't removed the truck as of 5:00 PM.

AttaGirl 5 years, 12 months ago

I'm wondering why there are no details yet? I work at Lawrence Paper Company and the old red truck that this woman was found in was in the lot at our Human Resource Center / Credit Union. Not sure how long it was there, but police, firetrucks and etc were there around 2:00 pm. Her legs were sticking out of the truck. I hope they identify her and my thoughts are with her family.