Archive for Thursday, March 22, 2007

Child molester, parents charged with murder

March 22, 2007

— A convicted child molester and his father took turns sexually assaulting a 6-year-old boy while the molester's mother watched, then they choked the boy to death, according to an indictment issued Wednesday.

The indictment charges all three family members with murder and child molestation in the slaying of young Christopher Michael Barrios, whose body was found March 15 inside a trash bag dumped by a roadside.

District Attorney Stephen D. Kelley said he will seek the death penalty against 32-year-old George David Edenfield, who has a prior child molestation conviction from 1997, and his parents, David and Peggy Edenfield.

Christopher went missing for a week before police found his body about three miles from his trailer park home outside Brunswick, a Georgia port city 60 miles south of Savannah. The suspects lived in a mobile home across the street from the boy's grandmother.

Comments

aeroscout17 7 years, 9 months ago

I say it is not "cruel and unusual punishment" if they imposed the same on others. Give it right back to them.

KsGirl 7 years, 9 months ago

The worst part is "the child molester" (how can they not make that plural in this situation?) was probably the victim once upon a time. Makes me sick.

trinity 7 years, 9 months ago

unfreakin'believable.

just when you think you've heard it all...

that poor little boy. may he rest in peace.

Jace 7 years, 9 months ago

Wow! Unreal!

Was the mother high on crack or something?!

How could any mother just sit by and watch something so awful being done to her child?!

This is awful!

Jace 7 years, 9 months ago

Oh!, it was the molester's mother who watched!

Oh, okay.

But that's still sick, twisted, and demented....to just sit there and watch!

I'm sure that her lawyer is gonna say that she was forced to sit there and watch...otherwise they were gonna kill her too....right?

pelliott 7 years, 9 months ago

One can only wonder in horror what is behind front doors. The lineage seems diseased, I imagine these might be descendants of a long line of a family that lived in darkness.

Jace 7 years, 9 months ago

Yeah, pelliott, you're right!

And when I read this story....why is it that I keep hearing that "Deliverance music" somewhere in the back of my brain??!!

After all, this ugly incident took place in Georgia, correct? And if I'm not mistaken....in the book/movie "Deliverance" took place in Georgia too, yes?

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 7 years, 9 months ago

I'm not for the death penalty, but when something like this happens, I'm tempted to change my mind.