Archive for Monday, June 25, 2007

Federal agents investigate Yellow House owners

Couple has battled local police over suspicions about their business

June 25, 2007

Agents with the United States Postal Service and the Internal Revenue Service this morning conducted an investigation at the home of a Lawrence couple who have battled local police over suspicions about their store.

Lawrence Police said the federal agents were at the home of Guy and Carrie Neighbors - owners of Yellow House Store - in the 1100 block of Andover St., just before 9 a.m. today.

Federal prosecutors had been seeking new evidence against the couple and their variety store after a judge dismissed a charge in May accusing them of possessing guns while being unlawful users of a controlled substance.

At the time, Guy Neighbors told the Journal-World that he was told to expect a "superseding" indictment in the next 30 to 60 days, alleging that he and his wife had conducted a fencing operation while in possession of drugs and guns.

The Neighbors were not available for immediate comment.

Comments

Windlass 6 years, 10 months ago

Can't say I always understand you, Marion, but I came across your German account the other day, was especially drawn to it for some strange reason, and then just had to know what the heck it says!

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Oh, yeah!

We will also get Snap rattlesnake skin boots, silver spurs and a gold-plated Shurf's badge like the ones that came in crackerjack boxes!

Windlass 6 years, 10 months ago

Mackie Messer translation to English:

MACK THE KNIFE (Translation)

And the shark, he's got teeth And he has them right in sight, And MacHeath, he's got a knife, Though no one sees the knife.

Oh, the shark's fins are Red, when he sheds blood. Mack the Knife wears a glove. Therein no one reads a crime.

Into the Thames' green water Many people fall suddenly. It is neither plague nor cholera. But they name it: Mack is going around.

On a beautiful blue Sunday Lies a dead man on the beach. And a person goes around the corner Whom they call Mack the Knife.

And Schmul Meyer still is missing, And such a great, rich man, And Mack the Knife has his money. No one can prove anything on him.

Jenny Fowler was found With a knife in her breast, And on the waterfront goes Mack the Knife, Who knows nothing about anything.

Where is Alfons Glite, the chauffeur? Does it come to the light of day? Who could ever have known? Mack doesn't know.

And the big fire in Soho- Seven children and an old man. In the crowd is Mack the Knife, Whom no one questions and who knows nothing.

And the under-age widow, Whose name everyone knows, Woke up and was raped. Mack, what was your price?

And fish, they disappear But to the sorrow of being eaten. Someone appoints an end to the shark, But the shark knows nothing of it.

And he can't remember himself And no one can recognize him. For a shark is not a shark When no one can prove anything.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

craw

?

Thanks

snap

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Hear, Ye! Hear Ye!

The Special Election Meeting of The Denizens of The LJW Forums is called to order!

On the agenda today will be the nomination and election of the LJW user known as Snap_pop_no_crackle" as the Shurf of The Internet!

(Quiet down in the back!)

Having done a fine job as a self-appointed do-gooder and flamer, it has been determined that there should be no better nominee as our Shurf.

All in favour of SPNC becoming the new Shurf please signify by responding in the affirmative!

We could get him a white hat, a nice palomino, one of those saddles all tarted up with silver beads and things, some buckskins, chrome plated six-guns and lessons in how to act like Cleavon Little!

Whattaya think?

SNAP FOR SHURF!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

":But if you use inappropriate language (even when typographically obfuscated), or make potentially slanderous or libelous comments when using this site and its features, or engage in ad hominem attacks on fellow commenters, people mentioned in stories, or any employee of The Lawrence Journal-World or The World Company, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove any and/or all of your contributions:." http://www2.ljworld.com/site/rules/

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

You will note that my prediction regarding the actions of the Fibbies against the Neighbors was 100 % accurate.

The a++ kissing line starts over on the other thread on this matter.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

marion..... me no under tand thur poam derrrr

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

Based on the times all these posts were posted....Looks like you guys thought about the yellow house all night long.... how sweet...

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

"...But if you use inappropriate language (even when typographically obfuscated), or make potentially slanderous or libelous comments when using this site and its features, or engage in ad hominem attacks on fellow commenters, people mentioned in stories, or any employee of The Lawrence Journal-World or The World Company, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove any and/or all of your contributions...." http://www2.ljworld.com/site/rules/

plumberscrack 6 years, 10 months ago

"The Neighbors were not available for immediate comment." ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ All anyone would have to do is go on Larryville and get the Neighbors comments on this! In fact, I betting on several comments! What a hoot.

insiderinfo 6 years, 10 months ago

While watching tv the owners found out from sunflower 6 news that they had been charged with distribution, now its all clear to me what is really going on. Tara Morehead wanted a gag order placed on the owners so they could not talk to the media about the distribution charges the justice dept. said the owners were charged with that are not on the indictment.

How convenient.

One of the additional items added to the indictment was a Forfeiture Allegation yep they want the owner to forfeit the firearms, could it because the guns are missing ?

Take a look at the link to the Topeka News paper.

This next link is a copy of the Indictment take a look at it for your self and make your own conclusion.

This link is to our forged and switched out inventory list:

insiderinfo 6 years, 10 months ago

The Justice Dept. lied to the media they claimed that the yellow house owners crimes began in 2002..not sure who's butt they pulled that date out of. The news paper stories state the police had been investigating the business for 2-months.

Then they told the media..KC star, LJ world, 6news, and Topeka Cap. Journal, that the owners were charged with 2 counts of distribution. That was an outright lie! Obviously they are still trying to attack the owners reputation and standing in the community. The owners called the cable 6 news and made them do an on air retraction, and they stated on air that the Justice Department had provided them with erroneous information. WOW why would Marietta Parker and Tara Morehead of the Justice department Lie ?

The yellow house owners explained to channel 6- news rep. that now he can perhaps understand what they have been dealing with this past 20 months. LIES and Cover up! the news guy said they would contact the Justice Dept tomorrow about providing them with false information. There is a big FBI investigation going on right now at Lawrence Police dept. because of the yellow house case. Officers have been suspended, Mike McAtee is under Federal investigation with 8 cases on hold, they had an audit of the evidence room and guns, drugs and computers were found to be missing. I am guessing the guns and computers could belong to the owners of the yellow house, since now as part of the indictment the Feds are asking for forfeiture of our guns. While the yellow house owners were in court Tara Morehead ask the Judge to place a gag order on Guy & Carrie N. because she felt they should not have freedom of speech rights and she felt like the owners had posted lies about a wittiness they were going to use against them. The prosecutor said the Neighbors were close to obstructing Justice, wow she is so concerned about justice yet she lies to the media and the judge.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

There is no ADMIN at that site.

They only took it over after Doug refused my offer for it.

John Spencer 6 years, 10 months ago

I wish the Admin on Larryville would fix my account so I could post there......

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Speaking of "fish".............................

Mackie Messer Text: Bertolt Brecht Musik: Kurt Weill

Und der Haifisch, der hat Zähne Und die trägt er im Gesicht Und MacHeath, der hat ein Messer Doch das Messer sieht man nicht

An 'nem schnen blauen Sonntag Liegt ein toter Mann am Strand Und ein Mensch geht um die Ecke, Den man Mackie Messer nennt

Und Schmul Meier bleibt verschwunden Und so mancher reiche Mann Und sein Geld hat Mackie Messer Dem man nichts beweisen kann

Jenny Towler ward gefunden Mit 'nem Messer in der Brust Und am Kai geht Mackie Messer, Der von allem nichts gewuÃt

Und die minderjährige Witwe Deren Namen jeder weià Wachte auf und war geschändet Mackie welches war dein Preis?

Refrain Und die einen sind im Dunkeln Und die anderen sind im Licht Doch man sieht nur die im Lichte Die im Dunklen sieht man nicht

Doch man sieht nur die im Lichte Die im Dunklen sieht man nicht

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, well, shirinsb, you better have a really big and strong net or this fish will bite you right on the................................

oh i can't say that here

never mind

shirinisb 6 years, 10 months ago

The fish keeps getting bigger.....

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Snap. you need a little education, so here we go!

I had two guys who knew that pot was not allowed on my property as a condition of employment.

They not only brought pot but were smoking it on my property.

They did not care that they were endangering my licence and hence my livliehood, that they were subjecting me to criminal liability which carries with it in this matter a MANDATORY sentence, they did not care that they were subjecting my property to possible siezure by the Federales...they only thing that they wanted to do was get high and to Hell with me!

I merely gave them a few things to think about; black eyes, bruises, sore jaws and a broken nose; pretty light compared to what could have happened to me because they wanted to get high.

And no, I am not "appearing" to say anthing, I am very clearly stating in no uncertain terms that I kicked their a++es and let me be even more clear that given the same curcumstances, I would do it again.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Oh, no Snap; that was good old fashioned A++ KICKING, not "assault and battery".

The alternative to the A++ KICKING was for me to haul the two reprobates with pot in hand to the local police station.

Actually, when I got the two potheads back to Lawrence, they did tell a cop about the matter who replied essentially, "And?"

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

"Anonymous user mutpuppy (Anonymous) says: Actually cynical I was the one who knows about the suspended officers and I would never give up my sources, but I rest assure they are straight from the horses mouth"

I suspect you were actually talking to the other end of the horse.

"Marion, you seem wise with the law:"

That's gotta be the funniest thing I've seen on this board in a long time.

Marion, the lawyer and legend in his own mind, who then turns around & appears to admit committing assault and battery.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

actually I think that is a good idea mutpuppy I think they cant take them to court because the charges won't stand up they are BULL Sh#T charges they are the same charges that were dropped earlier. I Would Predict that right now the Fed Prosecutor DOSE NOT have their case set for trial because I would be willing to bet They will try to plea but I know the neighbors aren't going to plea !!!

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Mutpuppy:

ABSOLUTELY to all!

The pot plants are the hardest thing to beat though.

They are indeed hoping to stack enough biosolids so that the Neighbors will plead to something to get the thing to go away. They are trying to break their will and ability to continue to resist the charges.

I doubt that they have anything other than some dubious info on which they based thier case. I mean part of the "evidence" siezed was an empty bicycle box which came from Sunflower Bike Shop. Well, yeah, ANYONE who needs to ship a bicycle goes down to Sunflower and grabs an empty bicycle box from the dumpster; I've done it myself and Sunflower has on occasion saved a box or two for me.

Cynical:

I am only calling as I see it based on my own personal experience with such matters. I am VERY familiar with firearms laws and was licecned as a firearms manufacturer for around fifteen years. I once beat the living daylights out of two guys for bringing pot onto my licenced premise as I could have been held criminally liable for thier possession!

If you doubt me, simply look up the law, A law degree is not necessary but the ability to READ is so if you cannot read the law yourself, have someone read it to you,

I am not offering legal advice nor would I deign to so so but I do know what the law is in matters such as this, so if you don't, go look it up as I suggested.

cowboy 6 years, 10 months ago

a federal indictment for a pot plant ? There must be a " rest of the story here " .

As we start with the hippocracy of drug laws in the US where in washington state if you get caught with plants in your home you get a misdemeanor ticket but in lawrence you get a federal charge , what bullsh!t ?

These are the same laws that get a kid with a few tiny bags of pot charged with intent to distribute , a felony , a big time dealer with less than a quarter oz of pot.

This is nothing more than a government vendetta and deserves an investigation by the AG of Kansas. I have never seen such vindictive prosecution.

That said any body who does drugs is an F-ing loser but I guess its your choice.

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

mutpuppy, where and how is Marion practicing law? rants do not equal reality. He has a real problem with reality. Yellow has problem, they need good advice, neither you or Marion qualify. Unless Marion has law degree and license to practice in Kansas. ????

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

Marion I agree with you as I said earlier that there has been so much pubilicity and stink the they cannot turn back now. The feds are trying to save themselves at this point.

Marion, you seem wise with the law... if the chain of evidence was corrupted, there is evidence missing and procedures were violated, then isn't there a high probability that this case gets thrown out if it goes to court anyway? If thats the case, then could this be a stall technique by the feds hoping the neighbors would crack?

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

Marion, where did you get your law degree, and what states are you licensed to practice in?

Marion Lynn 6 years, 10 months ago

Mutpuppy:

The problem is that possession of even 1/100th of a gram of pot while in possession or "constructive" possession of a firearm IS a federal crime and this will be the hard one to beat.

This means that if you own a gun which you keep at your sister's house in Spokane and you get busted for pot in Kansas, they can go federal on you as you are in "constructive" possession of a firearm while possessing drugs. You need NOT have the drugs and the firearm in the same place at the same time to get chraged for this offence. You can thank the Democrats for this one.

I suspect that this investigation is continuing primarily because the Fibbies didn't really have anything to begin with but will not back down as they must save face at the expence of the Neighbors.

This happens all the time and there is a term for it (Which I forget right now!)but basically they keep after their "suspects" until they have worn them down or are able to prove some lesser offence.

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

mutpuppy, just have a problem with your insistence that since you know them, no crime could be possible. Sorry, but that defense would excuse any crime, after all someone knows that they couldn't possibly be a criminal.

rousseau108 6 years, 10 months ago

1. the federal charges everyone is talking about were "dropped" at the request of the prosecution--so they could have more time to go over new evidence and re-file so as not to miss the deadline.
  2. for those of you saying the LPD have some sort of vendetta against mixed-race couples, you obviously don't know any LPD officers. there are numerous officers married to someone of a different race.
  3. there have not been ANY officers suspended for the Yellow House. I challenge the person posting this to show some proof. anyone can make anything up and post it using an anonymous account. (yes, I know, my account is anonymous)

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

Possession of pot is NOT usually a Federal Crime. I know them personally, that is how I know they do not fence stolen goods.

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

mutpuppy, have a problem with the fact that you seem to immediately assume yellow house is innocent? A crime is a crime. Possession of pot is a crime. These aren't the sweet little innocents you claim they are. There are some questions there to be answered, what is their problem with that? Know what I and most people would think.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

cynical, I understand what you're saying... however, facts aside, my personal opinion (which I have no proof of) is that the lawrence police have stretched the truth, or fibbed to the feds when they presented the evidence about the case. I don't think the federal prosecutor has gotten a completely truthful story from the LPD when taking on the case...but now that the case has gone so public and so much stink has been made, it's almost like they can't back out now. I think this because in order for the feds to take on a case like the fencing one, it has to be a "big fish" and I know the yellow house and have seen their house and I know they are NOT a big fish. Possession of marajuana is not a big crime either.... What do you think?

macon47 6 years, 10 months ago

last i saw larryville only has about 10 posters with 2 or 3 names each dum, de dum, dumb. poor doug put so much work in it and it is deader than a hard carp

75x55 6 years, 10 months ago

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and find out what the actual evidence in the case is. Maybe they'll just get 'Scooter-Libbied' on a procedural thing - that's justice. Or maybe there's more than meets first speculation. Who knows. Guess we'll find out.

Either way, there'll be a real dip the in crow population in Larrytown, as many new recipes will have to be tested .... Hey, Janie!

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

hey the Justice department Told Every one the wrong stuff on the indictment they were never charged with Distribution The Actual Indictment is the Exact same as the previous one that was dropped . I will post it on here once I get a copy.

macon47 6 years, 10 months ago

someone wants the yellow house store, the liquior store and plumbing shop nice corner lots of traffic, so do the math, people with money have lots of contacts and maKe things happen.

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

mutpuppy, seems I have a problem with anyone who says trust me. Check out current occupant., If yellow house is so innocent why so many posts about innocence? From my experience, feds won't waste so many resources without reasonable chance of success. I tend to think yellow house, if not crooked, at least skirts line. ????

whatupdown 6 years, 10 months ago

why didn't they just get a pawnbrokers license if they wanted to fence stolen property

compmd 6 years, 10 months ago

feeble, thank you for posting the charges here.

"Aren't these almost the exact same charges that were just dropped by a federal court??"

Who cares if almost the same charges were dropped. We have rules against double jeopardy, not "almost double jeopardy."

The LPD is really inconsequential in the case at this point. Now that the Justice Department is running the show, it is their case; they will use their resources.

Oh, and if you want federal cases that go on for years only to be dismissed, perhaps you should pay attention to the various RIAA copyright infringement cases going on all over the country. And if you're interested in how long federal criminal trials can take, an excellent example is the Governor George Ryan trial that took place in the Northern District of Illinois. Cases go quickly when they don't go to trial.

"I think if you look it up Every Case is done With in a Week they have a 98% Conviction Rate"

And I think that even if your statistic is correct, that it includes defendants who plead guilty, making it a pretty useless statistic. If a case is done in a week and there is a conviction, the defendant pled guilty.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

No I am not the neighbors, if you were on larryville too, you would know.

TheYetiSpeaks 6 years, 10 months ago

Posted by Lucky: "It certainly appears that there wouldn't have been this much law enforcement attention if the Neighbors weren't a mixed race couple."

That's a reach and ridiculous.

TheYetiSpeaks 6 years, 10 months ago

How many blog accounts do the neighbors have on here? This blog has been hijacked.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

no, my point is that the LPD has a leak and I am not telling who that person is. I also just called Guy and he is going to post the inditement and it does not have any charges for distributing. Just the two aforementioned.

4th_grade_education 6 years, 10 months ago

"but I rest assure they are straight from the horses mouth."

I'm glad you are resting assured... But that isn't your point, is it?

Linda Endicott 6 years, 10 months ago

Because if they can come after the Neighbors', they can come after you just as easily.

I'm confused. Aren't these almost the exact same charges that were just dropped by a federal court??

How can the feds charge people with something when the same charged were just dropped by a federal court?

Linda Endicott 6 years, 10 months ago

When are they going to give up and leave these people alone?

It just all seems like trumped-up charges to me. They were convinced they were involved in a fencing operation, but when they couldn't find any proof of that, they decided to go after them for anything and everything they could find, even the most inconsequential things.

Considering how many posters have come on these forums touting hout marijuana is really harmless and should be legalized, and how many of you rabidly uphold your right to bear arms, perhaps you should be more worried about what's in your own basements.

feeble 6 years, 10 months ago

Guy S. Neighbors, 48, and Carrie Neighbors, 45, each have been indicted on one count of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana, one count of unlawful possession of a firearm by users of a controlled substance and two counts of distributing marijuana.

A separate count seeks the forfeiture of firearms including several handguns, shotguns and rifles.

Windlass 6 years, 10 months ago

Must be nothing but pretty white boys and girls that operate out of Westar then. Because if ever the police and the Feds needed to investigate crime, Westar's their place.

But who's to say? Maybe they're more comfortable dicking around until a crime manifests itself.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

Ok look if people in power Want you GONE. they will do everything in there power to make you leave the city .

I am Shocked you cant see this going on. somebody is trying to force them out of the city .

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

Actually cynical I was the one who knows about the suspended officers and I would never give up my sources, but I rest assure they are straight from the horses mouth.

kneejerkreaction 6 years, 10 months ago

I understand that signs appeared in the YH about NO STOLEN ITEMS after their initial investigation.....their ad in the Trading Post reads the same..... implication by obvious denial?

I'm no fan of police or Feds or the Post Office or the IRS....but how can totally innocent people get in trouble with all these agencies at the same time....and the other amazing thing is that if they are in the trouble the agencies claim they are, then why wasn't the case open and shut years ago.?

cynical 6 years, 10 months ago

freshpowder, have been in yellow house a couple of times and personally want none of the junk they have. That said, what is the source for your claims against Lawrence Police?

kneejerkreaction 6 years, 10 months ago

Isn't it amazing how much trouble you can get into by just being innocent?....c'mon....

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

HOLY CRAP . Lawrence Police getting in trouble and its swept under the Rug !! If you ask me they need to be the ones getting arrested they should be held accountable for the work they do. Especially when one of the reasons they were in trouble was for a warrant less searches. Yes Folks the Lawrence police have been conducting warrant less Searches and they are now in trouble For it !!! What else have they been doing illegally ??????

Lawrence cops are so quick to tell the newspaper about the Neighbors getting arrested, but they haven't told the journal world about

the 4 officers that were suspended pending further investigation regarding the yellow house, or the 5th officer that was written up for procedural violation.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

THE 4 OFFICERS THAT WERE SUSPENDED pending further investigation regarding the yellow house, or the 5th officer that was written up for procedural violation.

I take that back, the Journal World does know, but it looks like their artical so conveniently fails to mention that.

mutpuppy 6 years, 10 months ago

This is unreal, I just cannot even believe they arrested them AGAIN. This is rediculous!

Lucky 6 years, 10 months ago

Hopefully this federal investigation will end quickly, since obviously if there was anything to this situation the Lawrence police would have filed some sort of charges.

It certainly appears that there wouldn't have been this much law enforcement attention if the Neighbors weren't a mixed race couple. I really thought our law enforcement community was past this sort of issue. It's very disturbing to see these local small business owners treated this way.

pelliott 6 years, 10 months ago

You know the federal agents investigated the allegations that someone, perhaps from the police were saying they were the fbi. The feds said they found no evidence of that even though several people in town said this happened. The police chief has a great working relationship with the feds, he developed some sort of antiterrorist swat team for us here locally, and I know worked with the feds on that. I have always liked yellow house but I buy used appliances, that is the extent of my knowledge. I too wonder at the bravery and tenacity but small business people are like that, they almost have to be. I don't know the "real' story or what they should do, but leaving if they aren't "the biggest fencing operation in the history of kansas" would be to leave their name and leave the next poor snook vulnerable to harassment.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

dude I forgot my other user name so I had to make a new one.

Andini 6 years, 10 months ago

True Centrist, very true.

My apologies Freashpowder and welcome.

Centrist 6 years, 10 months ago

Andini ... there's a first time for everyone, y'know.

Andini 6 years, 10 months ago

It is kind of wierd how Freashpowder has never commented here until today.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

dude Think about if the cops mess with these people whats going to stop them from messing with you ??

Did you know I was pulled over yesterday and the cop told me the reason for the stop was because I stopped at a stop sign ? then he thought about it and realized how stupid that sounded so then he claimed I turned into the far lane of a oneway road ?

The real reason I was stopped was because I was black and I am sick and tired of seeing this stuff happen

stuckinthemiddle 6 years, 10 months ago

freashpowder Maybe it's none of my business but I am wondering if you have some kind of vested interest in this case...

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

So check this out The New charge from Police that seeks forfeiture of firearms, Could this be because the firearms are missing from the Evidence room ?? I think so !!! (this is from the Topeka newspaper )

According to the indictment, the crimes occurred from on or about Feb. 22, 2002, through July 9, 2006. A separate count seeks the forfeiture of firearms, including several handguns, shotguns and rifles.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

But seriously have you EVER heard of a case in Federal Court taking 2 years then getting Dismissed ? I think if you look it up Every Case is done With in a Week they have a 98% Conviction Rate. I have never seen a case get brought up like this and then dismissed If you ask me it looks like a huge publicity stunt to run them out of town. Last time I checked its not working.

dthroat 6 years, 10 months ago

I was just going to add, that after checking out the TOPEKA paper, it was obvious they couldn't comment because they were in Fed. court.

And freashpowder, if you had followed this the local just didn't go crying to the Feds, they have been involved early on in this investigation. People just don't seem to get the Feds take their own sweet time in doing things and most time it is not quickly.

freashpowder 6 years, 10 months ago

yea they are not available for comment they were taken away in cuffs and chains,yea they are not available for comment they were taken away in cuffs and chains, As if they were murders. This is Bull S*%T after a 2 year investigation. After Charges were Dropped in Federal Court. They the local police go crying to the Feds telling them more lies and now the feds have picked them up again for the Same stuff they picked them up for in the past (Which the charges were dropped). How much Tax money is going to be wasted chasing people that didn't do anything Wrong ? Isn't the city facing a budget crunch ??

dthroat 6 years, 10 months ago

OK, I am officially shocked !!!! "The Neighbors were not available for immediate comment." This has got to be a first.

Maybe they finally figured out that the Feds really do mean business and it was not an idle threat when they said another indictment was coming. Something tells me they probably should have listened to at least one of their lawyers instead of firing them and playing for sympathy on the blogs.

Steve Jacob 6 years, 10 months ago

At this point, if they had anything in their house, it would be pure stupidity.

Baille 6 years, 10 months ago

"except she said they don't use or have drugs then pot plants were found during one of the searches"

Malum prohibitum, not malum in se.

GSWtotheheart 6 years, 10 months ago

"I know that Mrs. Neighbors has said on these forums that they've done nothing wrong"

except she said they don't use or have drugs then pot plants were found during one of the searches...which she then said were for "medical purposes"

(not attacking you acg, just commenting on what you said, sorry)

Flap Doodle 6 years, 10 months ago

Wow, larryville will just be all agog (which is not the same thing as Magog).

blue73harley 6 years, 10 months ago

I wonder if they will finally find those WMDs in the Neighbors basement.

macon47 6 years, 10 months ago

i have to agree, with all the signicant challenges for the feds, why do they want to waste their time on small potatoes like these? , it seems some one has an agenda and a score to settle with the neighbors.

stuckinthemiddle 6 years, 10 months ago

trinity Yep... lots of posts... lots of speculation...

Windlass 6 years, 10 months ago

It's not like the Feds can busy themselves with anything important or worthwhile. The real criminals love it when these jerks are in town.

Baille 6 years, 10 months ago

What do you mean "way to go?" Are you just assuming the paper and the cops have it right or do you know something the general public doesn't know?

samsnewplace 6 years, 10 months ago

Nice to see it's out of local courts and made it to the federal court, the truth will come out and something will be done. WTG feds!!

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

Wow, these poor bast*rds just can't catch a break can they? You know, I know nothing about these people or their dealings but the first time they busted me, I would've closed shop and split. I know that Mrs. Neighbors has said on these forums that they've done nothing wrong and logic says that if you feel you are in the right you should stay and fight but the days of Mr. Smith going to Washington are over. You can't fight them on this and you're going to lose, Mrs. Neighbors, I hate to say that. The whole deck is stacked against you and the best thing to do now is bow out, pack your crap and hit the bricks. Go lay low somewhere for awhile. They'll find someone else to harass and annoy. Narcs always do. It's their job.

trinity 6 years, 10 months ago

i predict upwards of 150 posts.

Confrontation 6 years, 10 months ago

"The Neighbors were not available for immediate comment."

Wouldn't that be a shock! I'm sure we'll see their comments on several websites, including this one.