Farm loans available for May storm damage

July 17, 2007


Farmers in Douglas County and other eligible counties who suffered losses to crops or livestock because of severe storms and flooding from May 4 to May 18 can apply for emergency loans from the Farm Service Agency.

Loans can be used to replace items such as equipment, livestock or buildings, including homes. Loans for production losses may be used to buy feed, seed, fertilizer or livestock, or to make payments on real estate and other debts.

Applications for assistance will be accepted until Feb. 1. The Douglas County Farm Service Agency is at 1217 Biltmore Drive, Lawrence, and can be reached by calling 843-4260.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.