Archive for Monday, July 16, 2007

Accident near Tonganoxie kills Leavenworth man

Motorcyclist hits rear of trailer

July 16, 2007

A 26-year-old Leavenworth man has died after an accident Sunday evening east of Tonganoxie.

According to a Kansas Highway Patrol report, at 7:42 p.m. Sunday, Garwin D. Kelly Jr. was driving his 2006 Suzuki motorcycle east on U.S. Highway 24-40 just east of Tonganoxie city limits when he ran into a trailer being pulled by a 1979 International truck, driven by a 69-year-old Tonganoxie man.

The driver of the truck was not injured.

Kelly was wearing a helmet.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 7 years, 5 months ago

One of them wasn't-- not enough information here to know which.

Kontum1972 7 years, 5 months ago

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 5 months ago

It sounds like the unstoppable force (young dude going too fast) met with the immovable object (old man going too slow).

Sad stuff.

towho 7 years, 5 months ago

small bike vs big truck with big towed trailer w/ blind spots. not a good combo. i've driven both. it's a matter of mass in motion and keeping the mass over the wheels- not age. my prayers are with both families.

JenCoop1982 7 years, 5 months ago

I saw the aftermath of this wreck, it was horrible, I feel for all people involved, my thoughts and prayers are with both families

Kristen Kappel 7 years, 5 months ago

My baby sister (13) said that she cried and cried after she saw what happened. She said it was a feeling that she couldnt explain. My heart goes out to both families. You are in my thoughts...

yellowhouse 7 years, 5 months ago

A Moment In Time by David E. Dessner

Every moment we live, is a memory fastened to it's own conception if you stretch the mind, I'm sure you will find it changes with each perception

So briefly you surface, to catch the wind and live in the light of day to glory in the love of God before you're swept away

For soon the world will be forgotten when tears no longer spill and in the hearts of precious few you will be remembered still

So it matters not, how the life is lost when your book of life is written the question to ask, is only the cost and what side of death you'll be sittin

When you are just a memory And your time on earth is through The memories you give to others Will be all the memories of you! RIP