Archive for Saturday, July 14, 2007

Man pleads guilty to drug trafficking

July 14, 2007

A Lawrence man's drug trafficking trial started this week in federal court, but ended when he agreed to plead guilty.

Don Marcus Gibler signed a plea recommending he serve 27 years in federal prison for drug trafficking. The 28-year-old pleaded guilty this week to one count of conspiracy to manufacture, distribute and possess with intent to distribute crack cocaine.

He was standing trial on numerous charges, all related to selling crack cocaine.

Gibler's jury trial began Monday in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Kan. U.S. attorneys said he distributed crack cocaine between 1999 and April 2006 in Lawrence.

The amount of cocaine distributed is expected to be revealed at Gibler's Oct. 15 sentencing, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Rask, who prosecuted the case.

"If you're involved with 5 grams or more of crack cocaine, it would be a statutory minimum of five years to 40 years (in prison)," Rask said. "If it's more than 50 grams, then (sentencing begins) at 10 years to life."

Gibler faces the possibility of more jail time, in addition to the standard minimum sentence of 20 years, because he already has one prior felony drug offense conviction, Rask said.

In his plea, Gibler admitted that he took part in a drug trafficking conspiracy in Lawrence with nine co-defendants: Aharlock Fixico, Branden Scott Walker, Carl Ray Roubison, Ryan Ezell Fowler, Lonnie Ray Teichman, John Burke Holt, Ryan Lavell Green, James William Beltch and Katheryn Alexander.

All have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing.

Gibler admitted that he, Fixico and Walker obtained ounce and multi-ounce quantities of cocaine or crack cocaine, which they distributed themselves or had other people - including co-defendants Roubison, Fowler, Teichman, Green, Beltch and Alexander - distribute.

Some of those individuals allowed Gibler, Fixico and Walker to use their residences to manufacture and distribute crack, prosecutors said.

Before they were arrested in early 2006, some of the men had operated out of a small home at 514 Locust St. in North Lawrence, a block from Woodlawn School.

Gibler, Holt and Fixico all will be sentenced Oct. 15.

Comments

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Just from your illogical comment, i have this to say. I could care less who you are or what you went through. I wasn't giving you respect at all, the people that know you probably don't either. I was voicing my opinion. I will continue saying what i want when i want and your comments won't stop me. So you can keep writing you nonsense, and me and a few others will keep or comments flowing too.

sfjayhawk 7 years, 5 months ago

Seems like a very harsh sentence to me. I would think more like 27 months.

Crossfire 7 years, 5 months ago

More time than anybody involved in Ronnie and Ollie's Iran-Contra Affair.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Crossfire, Fixico was going to testify on my brother. You people think you know something.. All you know is what you read!

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

Alison, I am not hiding behind anything, yes I have a screen name and no I don't choose to reveal my real name, but that has no bearing on whether or not my story is the truth or not. I would hope with what my children have dealt with in my addiction will help them to make better choices in their lives, as I have been very honest with them about talking and answer any questions they might have. To say that I have no respect for your family, I owe your family no respect and you owe my family no respect. Marcus made his choice the same as I did, but drug dealers do pray on addicts that is how they make their living to support themselves and their famlies.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Now, Kneejerkreaction(which you won't get from me). It is so sad that you people can not write your own comments. You had to steal from Mr.Ramirez. Just like i said to him, you think it was threatening then why don't you tell everyone what i said!
Now to the first comment you made the questions you asked. No, my brother is not innocent. No one is. But the time should fit the crime. You, you are the kind of person that would vote to let violent offenders out other than drug dealers huh? Do you know that just to hold my brother for 25 years is going to cost 6.4 million dollars. Not including medical care. No you did not.. There is a lot you don't know. But like everyone else you think you do.. Not all drug dealers are the same so i can not say exactly what the set punishment should be. But i can tell you my brother should not be in federal prison! He should be in state, you should do some research before you just start talking. What about all the other people? That is what you asked, well there is a lot to think about the other people. To me it is strange how they can lock up the dealers but the addicts just get to go to rehab. Then some change and some get out and do it all over again. They are the ones that have sympathy from people like you. All you people know is what you read. You were not in my brothers shoes and you did not live our lives. You know nothing about our childhood or where we came from. Just like you feel that my comments mean nothing, i feel nothing from yours. You simlpy do not know us or about us. So those of you who think you do cause of an atricle in the newspaper. You don't. You are just trying to be rude while i am actually trying to defend my brother who can not do it for him self right now. All you people have your opinions just like i do. At least i am being supported by many state reps that i have written over the past 15 months. I am doing this for my brother cause i know him, and refuse to sit back and watch everyone talk about him like he is no one. Signed, little sister on a mission.

Termcd4 7 years, 5 months ago

well, I happen to know that Marcus did not PREY on anyone. Any one who did crack was the one who made the call to him. Not the other way around. As far as Marcus as a father, he loves his kids, I saw that. Saying that his children would be lucky to NOT be raised by him is a most unfair statement. Obviously those of you who speak so harshly did not know the man. I am not saying that selling dope is ok. It isnt. But he never preyed on inocent people. He never called to solicite his product. Those of you (Flower) who made the choice to do the drug, and therefore suffer like you say you did, had nothing to do with Marcus. You made the choice. You wanted the product, he supplied. Easy money, hard NOT to make. It is against the law. But that didnt make him a bad person. Taking the father away from their kids is going to be so hard for those kids. It isnt fair. I dont care if you, KneeJerk , want to call me an idiot. It is a shame you feel the need to call myself and the first three responders here derogatory names. Totally not needed. I knew Marcus as a man, a father, not a dealer. I just feel for his and for Arlock's children who I also happen to know. I have seen, first hand, what has happened to their lives since their fathers were taken away. I will state again, that I am not saying what they have done is in anyway an OK way of life. I am just sharing my thoughts based on knowing these men, and their families, and what a sad ending for all. In conclusion, let me say, that taking these men, and putting them away for almost 30 years isnt doing anyone any good. Least of all the kids. They will always be more drugs to buy, and more people who will sell them. Shouldnt we be really prosocuting to the fullest extent the people that bring these drugs into the US? People like Marcus and Arlock are pawns in a much bigger scope. Alison, my thoughts are with you and your families hon.

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

Alison why do you want to dis credit the paper, again being very close to this casethey haven't said a whole lot that isn't accurte and of course EJO was going to testify against Marcus it is a dog eat dog world out there. Is everyone a liar and the devine Marcus is a saint? He did what he did and might I add not for the first time either, he has had prior drug convictions.DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME!!!!!!

Termcd4 7 years, 5 months ago

Convicting these men is NOT going to take Crack off the streets. There are many more to take their place. Sad, but true. The sad thing here is that almost all those mentioned in the article are fathers. Going away for 27 years is not going to do any good for their children. In fact it is going to continue the cycle of more crime from children with fathers in prison. I do not understand how people can commit murder, and get less time. Yes, selling dope is a crime, but they didnt take someone's life away. These guys are small time criminals...they are not the ones bringing the dope into the US. I really feel 27 years is way too long. I feel sorry mostly for their kids, and their wives that are left to try and support them.

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 5 months ago

Are the four idiots who posted the previous comments all advocating that these scumbags were treated too harshly or perhaps should not be sent up the river at all? Amazing. Do all four of you people fish at the Clinton spillway too?

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

That guy, who could get "life" as it is so simply put in this article is my brother. My only brother my big brother. Let me tell you it is not just him who is going to spend 27 years to life but his three little boys will too!! Ages 9,6, and 4. To me there is no such thing as justice any more. Maybe for murderers and child molesters, that are able to get out and do it all over again!! This article is BULLS***. No one knows what really happened at that court house! I do cause i was there. Even though my whole family was unable to be in the court room to support my brother because we were all served subpeonas. Mother, sister, father, everyone! One of the sickest parts about it is that his lawyer Kay Huff came out of the court room smiling and laughing. Just rememberhow big a dealerthey are making him out to be, then ask yourself where was his paid attorney? How come he had this worthless court appointed attorney? Which did not do her job. I could have done better myself. All the facts will come to lightone way or another. Signed a little sister on a mission!

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 5 months ago

Sis, so you're saying he's innocent? Are these charges just made up or did he do it? And since you're speaking of ruined lives, what about all the people's lives he ruined by providing them with crack?

You say there's no such thing as justice? Tell everyone what your idea of justice would be for a crack dealer.

lianne 7 years, 5 months ago

It is sad that they are fathers. What kind of father would risk losing everything to make a little money? I do feel bad for the defendents children, BUT their "parents" are adults and should have enough common sense to know that dealing drugs is ILLEGAL. And if their parents are drug dealers than what kind of life are those children going to have? What morals are the children being taught? I think it is better that they will not be raised by them. If you can't give up drugs for your kids, then you don't deserve to have children. Grow up and take some responsiblilty.
Does everyone on her just think that it is OK to deal drugs and that these people shouldn't have to pay the consequences for the life they've led? That's ridiculous!!! They chose the life they led. Let them pay for it now.

Crossfire 7 years, 5 months ago

In no way do I think the sentence of 27 years is too harsh. ...just the irony that if you are a low level low life (dealing in grams of death) that you will spend much more time in prison than the high level low life government official (dealing in tons of this poison) who will never did any prison time.

As far as these guys being somebody's father who cares. Children do not need to have a drug manufacturing death dealer tucking them in to there beds at night. They do not need to grow up in a house where drugs are bought, sold, used and cooked. The children of drug dealers and users will be the future sales force.

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 5 months ago

EasyTiger, you should have been their lawyer. Maybe you could have gotten them off and they could be back on the streets kiling more people with their drugs.

cowboy 7 years, 5 months ago

If the truth were known theses guys drugs probably did kill someone , or ruin many families and individuals lives for many years. Take off the blinders !

Crossfire 7 years, 5 months ago

...and he will be back on the streets dealing again with in two years. Fixico, one of the people who Gibler probably turned in his plee-deal went down on 5 drug charges in June '04 and was out in 18 mo. 2 years on the street and he's headed back home again.

Crossfire 7 years, 5 months ago

ET, I agree that an arsonist who kills three should never get out. He should be sharing a cell w/Scooter. When his life is over they should bury him next to Regan.

TheGoldenBoy 7 years, 5 months ago

As much as I despise them for what they do, I agree that the sentence is ridiculous. As a taxpayer, I am not in favor of it at all. There are better ways to spend our tax money. I met a drug dealer who was arrested by the DEA in Topeka for having a half-kilo of cocaine. He only received 3 1/2 years. In my opinion, that is the appropriate sentence for a drug crime. Unfortunately, new laws that call for mandatory minimum sentencing have taken away the discretion that a judge should have in regard to sentencing. What is america turning into anyway?

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 5 months ago

EasyTiger, one thing you said is true RE the demand. We should take the Amsterdam/Dutch approach and just legalize the stuff, ruin the profits and the criminals go away, or turn to something else. Oh, and the rest of what you said is pure crap. You clearly don't have much life experience.

Steve Jacob 7 years, 5 months ago

One prior felony drug offense conviction + crack seller = 27 years

Already had a chance, and the law has always been HARD on crack. Granted public DA's suck, (unless it's a death penaly case) but you don't plead down to 27 years unless the lawyer knew of no way to win the case.

And I have to ask he was dealing for 7 years! Police could not catch him before that?

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/ks/press/May07/05_9a_2007.html says, in part..."Gibler manufactured crack cocaine at Alexander's residence in Lawrence at least seven times, producing 1 to 2 ounces of crack cocaine each time. She allowed him to use her microwave in the cooking process and to use her residence as a place to package crack cocaine for distribution."

Plus, during all of this, Gibler among others sell and make crack at Lonnie Ray Teichman apartment at 1401 E. 21st Terrace, about two blocks from my house.

Got to love on-line court records.

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 5 months ago

AlisonNicole (Anonymous),

Keep your comments in the public forum, sis, no need to send threats to my personal email.

rousseau108 7 years, 5 months ago

I guess they shouldn't have to go to prison just b/c they are fathers. sounds like they would have been great role models. drug use and drug dealing are not isolated crimes. they lead to robberies, burglaries, thefts, etc against innocent victims so that they can get money for their drugs. and as far as the punishment not being comparable to some of the sentences handed out in this county for murder, vehicular homicide, arson, etc., the reason is because this is federal court, not district court. Federal sentencing guidelines are always harsher than the district court. if you're upset about this, you should press the state legislature to up the punishment for the horrible crimes that get tried in district court.

coolmom 7 years, 5 months ago

we are adopting a child whose life is probably forever damaged from her parents and their drugs habits and choices therof. deal drugs or kill someone dont get out....ever. i think it it way better for those kids if their fathers are not around. sorry if that upsets anyone. and yes i feel bad for sis and the whole family. i know it sucks but having lived all of this i wish my sibling on crack was in jail, prison or a hospital instead of slowly dying.

JobbyJobless 7 years, 5 months ago

i wonder if this is the same branden walker that went to west jr high with me several years ago... sure makes sense if it was, has anyone seen/heard an age listed for him?

cowboy 7 years, 5 months ago

Selling narcotics and especially crack is just like shooting bullets easy , the death may not come quickly but it will come , now the families will have to run the kids to prison twice a month to see their dads , the people they introduced to hard drugs who couldn't put it down will go thru years of pain trying to get rid of it , or years in court if they get cuaght , or years of crappy relationships due to their habits , it s like a virus.

those who think its not a big deal have just not seen the real despair it causes , stay around long enuf and you will.

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

I can't believe all you people. How can 27 years not be enough? As a former addict and mother to 3 wonderful children of my own, I say he deserves more than 27 years, he desrvese LIFE. I was not a bad person before my addiction, I was just un lucky enough to have tired crack and got hooked. Some of you should ask my children what Gibler and the others deserves. I was one of the very few lucky ones to get smart and get out before it was to late, I feel sorry for the other addicts who aren't as lucky. People like the so called up standing Gibler pray on people like me and many other addicts and you are right "sis" no one does know the whole story, what really goes on, but there is 2 sides to every story and maybe people should hear the side from someone who used to buy drugs from your brother and that it really does destory more than his "family".

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

I never said that I didn't take responsibilty for my actions, did I? I have taken full responsibilty for my actions. I just think that you people are idiots for defending the scum that peddle the drugs. I was one fo the few very lucky people not to lose everything that I have or to have gone to jail myself. I feel for the addicts out there that are in need of help and cannot get the help they need. I agree that our system needs to change in alot of ways, do you even know how hard it is or how much it costs to get into rehab? I have been clean for over 3 years now and have been able to put my life back together, except for the relationship I had with my son, which was a very heavy price to pay for my drug use and there is not a day goes by that I don't pay for that, so for that no I don't feel like 27 years or even life is to much of a price for Gibler to pay.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Man where do i start. This one is for flower, cause she is just illiterate. You say they should hear from both sides. You go right on ahead, cause in all reality you are hiding behind your screen name. Where you can say whatever you want freely, regardless if it is true or not. You have three children, and you were an addict. So how could you possibly have any room to talk dowm on marcus? From my point of view you don't. I hope my mother never reads any of this BULLS*@! either. Hope now that you have a second chance with your children you take advantage of it. But when they get older and one of them does something like "be unlucky and try something and get hooked" just like you. Are you going to support them or neglect them? My brother did not pray on anyone lady, you are were probably the one doing that! Don't call me sis either. Trying to be funny. All i have to say is don't talk about my family and i won't talk about yours. You people unreal and have no respect.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

To Ramirez, if you think i was so threatening why don't you tell everyone what i said!!!

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Lianne, you do not know Marcus. You do not know his children either. There is no way in the world that they are better without their father. I do not not how a person could say a thing like that. Maybe if you knew some of his struggles in life you would not be so quick to judge.

Hope no one in your family ever falls on hard times like mine.

But for everyone that agrees with you, that reads the paper and instantly has a sterio type in mind. What if it was you brother or sister? The person you grew up with your whole life. The one person in this world you probably know better than yourself. The one person in a thousand pictures with you. The brother that worked all summer cleaning apartments to send you to modeling school. The guy who helped take care of you when you were ill, in and out of the hospital for years suffering from an auto immune disorder that has yet to be diagnosed. The guy that took you to your ninth grade dance because you did not have a date. The guy that made sure you did not turn out like all your friends in junior high. The guy who has been either steps or a phone call away for all of your 22 years! Who you knew you could depend on no matter the issue was. Would you go see them, write them, accept phone calls from them, make sure they had a little money? Well i do because i know he would do it for me? Or would you say it was a waste of your precious time? Or that they did not deserve it cause of what they were accused of? I would really like to know what you would do.

My grandma would tell me to keep on pushing, do what feels right in your heart. That is what i plan to do. Signed a little sister on a mission.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

You are obviously not going to go away so here it is. You are acting like you are somebody but you aren't. I am sorry you did not have your five minutes of fame on the witness stand. Darn. Look he is my brother and i don't give a damn what you say just because you were all buddy buddy with the police you think you know something, that is ok. Except i know better than to listen to scum like you...

somebodynew 7 years, 5 months ago

alisonnicole - I was going to refrain from entering this "conversation" until your last couple of comments. I don't know your brother that well, but I do know EJO/family and know about the case against all of these people.

You are mistaken that EJO was going to testify against your brother. He stedfastly refused to take a deal that called for him to testify, thereby adding years to his sentence. EJO pled to what he did, not to testify.

And your brother only pled after the first day of court when the prosecutor showed ALL of the evidence they had. Keep in mind he was facing LIFE in federal prison if he continued with the trial. And would have gotten it, too.

I understand this is upsetting for you and your family and am not trying to make light of it, BUT your brother is responsible for his actions (which he knew were illegal) and is responsible for where he will be the next 27 years. It is nobody's fault but his - he knew what he was doing, he just thought he would get Douglas County form of justice, not the feds.

lianne 7 years, 5 months ago

Alison: I am just stating my opinion. I am sorry if it has offended you. I just can't comprehend how a home with a father dealing drugs is in any way right for his children in your mind. Those are your neices and nephews, don't you think it's better that they not be exposed to that? That's my opinion. And now he is paying the consequences. I am sorry for the struggles you and your family are now going through, but that is also one of the consequences. I don't doubt that he loves his children or family. But I still don't agree with it, and I believe he needs to be held accountable for his actions. Lianne

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Somebodynew, you should have stayed out of it then cause i know what i am talking about. I also know that it was the third day of court and not the first. My brother took the plea because he did not want to put our mother on the stand. All you people on here that continue to disagree, disagree. Ejo took the plea and was going to get on that stand, regardless if he was going to talk or not. Period. You people are trying to make it sound like he is a horrible person how deserves to die. Do you feel the same way about Ejo? About 22 year old Branden? In my heart i know that my brother will not be in jail that long. All these new laws are being passed. It never came out of my mouth that he should not serve any time. It is people like you who put them there for 25 to life, with this mandatory minimum BS.. That is soon to be changed. I did not ask you to care about my family, don't need a pitty party. I am voicing my opinion and will continue to do so. No matter what, no matter how many comments i have to write!!! A little sister on a mission :) Lianne you did not answer my questions...

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Lianne i do not care what you think about my brother, me, or his three beautiful little boys. Who have been tossed back in forth between family since this happened. You think i am writing to get sympathy well you are wrong. Your comment are ones that i glance at cause they are just stupid. Really a waste of time to reply too. I am not trying to change peoples views on Dealers. This is not just a dealer to me like it is to you people. For the last time, he is my brother the only one i will ever have. You people could think of the worst thing to say about him and it is not going to phase him or me a bit!! He is still a great guy to this day, you can try to slander his name like everyone else. When in reality only the man up stairs gets to be the judge. He don't like ugly either. One more thing, one of these days many of you will find yourself in a sittuation you don't know how to get out of. Hope you got family like me:) signed a little sister on a mission.....

mama2jack 7 years, 5 months ago

Just find it interesting that (as someone who knows quite a bit about your family, and the glorious criminal priors) only recently (since the arrests and publicity) has it become a family priority to unconditionally support the children of MG. These kids have not been in a stable home environment since birth. I know, I know...I probably "don't know anything about your family" or "only know what the paper says" or I am "just illiterate" I will only say this: YOU aren't the only one in this town who knows your family. YOU aren't the only one in this town who has been somehow affected by your family. Keep supporting your brother...he needs you to. Good luck in your ventures.

Crossfire 7 years, 5 months ago

a-n, I am sorry that you nieces and/or nephews are with out their father. I hope that there are good people in their lives that can help them along. I did make assumptions as to the details of this case, only guessing as to the relationship between DMG and the others. With that said, he did plead guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute crack cocaine. I don't know where he was manufacturing, but usually this is done in the place where the cook lives. This exposes the children to the by products of the process. Take care of the kids. Help your brother if you can.

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

To answer a comment that Marcus plead on the third day of trial is a lie, the jury selection began on Monday, the trial started on Tuesday, was cancelled on Wednesday and he plead on thursday one day into the actual trial, he knew he didn't have a chance. He didn't want to chance that life sentence which is right where he was headed. you keep up the good work little sister he needs every ounce of help he can get.

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

"Little Sister" is going to stay loud and proud. Keep the comments coming even if they are snitches like flower.

Sigmund 7 years, 5 months ago

How many lives were ruined by selling this junk? How many other brothers and sisters of others has he helped destroy for a few bucks? Lock him up, and every other dealer, and throw away the f'ing key! Society, including you and the kids, are far better off without him around.

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

you are so wrong my name is not Kandi, but thanks for the email! I might have been a snitch, if that is what you chose to label me and I really don't care at this point I am out of that whole life and have been for some time and very proud to be and not at all sorry for the role I took in helping to rid Lawerence of at least some of the trash. I will tell you that if you want to threaten me or my family again you will be the one facing the law next

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

You people just do not give up. 27 years. I know you could careless about that. Bottom line a man set a fire, killed three people and injured seventeen. He recieved 10 years and will serve 6 1/2 with good behavior. Where is the justice for their family's? For people like flower whom continue to pitty themselves for there own actions and blame it on others, I will no longer be responding to your nonsense. Self truth you know who you are flower. I am willing to bet that you are still using and abusing your drug of choice. You say what my brother did was so bad, when you said yourself it was to support his family. When you also said that you continued to neglect your own. You should be in jail too. In the sell right next to my brother if everything you wrote you believe. You were not telling for the good of human kind you were telling to save yourself a jail sentence. So it is what it is and I Love You DON MARCUS GIBLER/FOWLER

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

oh and yeah like you said to me......... you might think you are somebody ( which you are clearly NOT ) and you might think you know something.............. you don't know Jack

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

to set the record straight my family has never been nelegectedand I never wanted anyones pity that has been you and your boo hoo story of your poor mistreated brother and just so you know I have never been in trouble with the law, I went to them of my own free will to maybe save someone else and their famliy from the same thing that I went through. You little girl just cannot except the truth that is right in front of your face.............. Your brother is a crimmal and was before this, I on the other hand was a user plain and simply, was it wrong.... YES it was and have I paid a price...... you bet I have........ once is a mistake......... repeating the same offense repeatedly is not. I made the mistake went to rehab cleaned up my act went on with my life. Did your brother........... no he is a repeat offender....... he desrves what he got.You ask what threat, I will answer that, you wrote I know who you are and who your family is and again No you don't try again

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi Kandi, this is Erica. I know it's Kandi b/c you said you have three kids and you will never have a relationship with one of them. I know why, because you gave the second kid up for adoption. It was the baby you had with AT. I cannot believe you are a snitch like that. And I know for a fact that you are not clean b/c your sister told me not to long ago. You have nothing to be proud of. You cannot take care of either of your kids. You haven't ever taken care of them. You just got out of that half way house in Wichita and came right back to Lawrence and got right back on that crack. Your family had actually thought you were going to clean your act up because you went to Wichita. You need to leave my girl alone she is so above your level. You are trash and will always be trash. As for your family, they are fairly good people. Your just a bad seed. So keep talking b/c we love to read your lies. We are getting a really good laugh from your ignorance and self pitty. Alison's friend-Erica

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

Erica said she knew you not me. I could care less who you are or what you are about. I will continue to tell my side why you cry about yours. Little sister on a mission..

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

As I will continue to tell mine and once again I'm not Kandi, I know the Kandi you are talking about and you are right she is trash or at least was it has been a long time since I have even seen or heard her name. Keep up the good work Marcus can use every bit of it

AlisonNicole 7 years, 5 months ago

I am not that little, believe me i have a d*mn big heart.

Sigmund 7 years, 5 months ago

I can't help but thinking it's too bad Jerry Springer isn't on TV any more...

knownasb 7 years, 5 months ago

Do all of the other (uninvolved) readers feel like they're back in high school again?

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

rofl, knowasb, I was just thinking the same thing. But, actually, I was thinking it was more like watching either a: a jr. high girl's fight or b: a springer episode.

As far as this dude goes, life sucks. I think drugs should be legalized, but right now they aren't, they're illegal and until those laws are changed or relaxed, you know the risks you take when you get involved in the drug game. He had to know he was putting his a** in a sling when he decided to start a little crack ring. And to take part in that activity when you have small children is completely selfish and wrong on so many levels. So, therefore, as far as I'm concerned he doesn't deserve to be a father because he chose drugs over his kids. Now he sits in jail, the majority of his life will be spent there, his kids will not know their father. Was it worth it? Did the stuff you buy with the money you made from selling crack make this all worth it, dude?

leadrain 7 years, 5 months ago

Later, loser!!!!!!! It appears that a few posters are gonna have to find a new connect.

Oracle_of_Rhode 7 years, 5 months ago

I don't advocate drug use at all, and I think dealers and traffickers should face punishment.

That said, these sentences are totally brutal. These are not violent offenders, and did not force drugs on anyone.

What kind of society fails to give people a chance at redemption? So many here in Kansas call themselves Christian! Would Christ not hate the sin and love the sinner? Here, the a 28 year-old is being cast into hell with no shot at rehabilitation.

Yet, there is evidence that national leaders on both sides like GW Bush and Obama have snorted cocaine. Many prominent people have admitted marijuana use. And get-tough-on-crime types like Rush Limbaugh are rampant consumers of illegally-procured prescription drugs. Former Supreme Court Chief Justice Rehnquist, even, has been shown to have been a pill popping addict. And our movies and music often glorify drugs, crack included.

In light of that, here we are seeing a miscarriage of justice. Truly, a horrifically brutal punishment for a wayward young man.

somebodynew 7 years, 5 months ago

Oracle - - Just a note - Die you read the article??? This guy has a previous CONVICTION for drug sales. And if you know the details of the case, he was raided (searchwarrant legal) about 7 times before it came to this. I totally agree that people screw up (Lord know I have) and should have a second chance, but when you continue to "thumb your nose" (or the finger) at the law, they will get you and you have to pay for the results of YOUR actions. Nobody forced those people to buy the drugs JUST LIKE they didn't force this guy to sell them. I guess it is "chicken or egg" kind of thing.

He knew what he was doing and got others involved helping and now they all pay the price.

redjayj 7 years, 5 months ago

I knew Kate before the crack. She was a real sweet girl. Most dealers are users also. If this was powder cocaine the sentence would be significantly less. 27 years is excessive. However, cocaine in its crack form is highly addictive. If you have not tried it dont. If you are using now seek help. I know too many people who had seriously promising lives lose everything to hard drugs like crack and meth. A few are in prison a few are using now and a few are dead. Some are recovering though. There is hope. You can get your life back. Before its too late.

flower 7 years, 5 months ago

well said redjay and somebody, there is life after the drugs and I hope anyone using will seek that help, I went to Valley Hope in Atchison, KS. there are great people there and I totally changed my life. Clean 3 years and having a great life. there is not a day that goes by me that I don't thank the man upstairs for the common sense to get before it was to late

dreamcatcher 7 years, 5 months ago

IN RESPONSE TO THE VARIOUS COMMENTS REGARDING THIS CASE AND THE AFTERMATH THAT HAS FOLLOWED SINCE THE PLEAS HAVE BEEN AGREED ON, THIS ENTIRE CASE WHICH HAS BEEN UNDER INVESTIGATIONS SINCE 1999 IS A TRAGEDY TO ALL INVOLVED. IT HAS EFFECTED THE LIVES OF MANY, STRETCHING FURTHER THAN EVEN THE DEFENDANTS REALIZE. IT IS DONE AND OVER AND EVERYONE INVOLVED NEEDS TO NOT CAST BLAME ON OTHERS, BUT TO HEAL AND REFLECT ON HOW ALL OF THIS HAPPENED. NO ONE PERSON IS TO BLAME, NO ONE PERSON IS TO IS TOTALLY AT FAULT. WE CAN ALL TAKE SOME BLAME, EVEN IF IT IS JUST PRESENT DAY SOCIETY. FAMILIES HAVE BEEN TORN APART, CHILDREN AND MATES ARE LEFT ALONE, PARENTS ARE GRIEVING AND FRIENDS FROM CHILDHOOD ARE BITTER.

Linda Endicott 7 years, 5 months ago

I don't know whether I think the sentence is fair or not. But I know crack has killed more than one person...does he know if any of the stuff he sold to people killed anyone? Maybe that's one consideration the judge had...

Maybe he should have thought of his kids and being around to take care of them and watch them grow up before he became involved in selling drugs.

If drugs are such a fine and wonderful thing, and selling them to others is so harmless...how many times did he sell crack to other people's kids? Would he consider it okay for someone else to sell it to HIS kids?

If not, then he shouldn't have been selling it, either.

It's not like he didn't already know it was illegal before he started selling...

Tripper024 7 years, 5 months ago

I know everyone that is accused of this......its really sad to see that a murderer gets less time than marcus! Im not sayin that selling drugs is good, but damn, 27 years, he has kids to take care of and watch grow up! Hopefully, his case will get heard again, and people will see that this is unfair! Good luck!!!!

DEADBEARS 7 years, 5 months ago

Crazy, right on on your comment.... I'm sure he would want to kill anyone who sold crack to his kids. I believe 27 is DARN FAIR!!! Really, in the 7 years he was doing his low-life, trashy operation, How many lives were ruined and lost as a result of this guy's "product?"