Archive for Saturday, January 13, 2007

Boyda criticizes Bush’s new plan for Iraq

January 13, 2007

U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Topeka, on Friday criticized the Bush administration's new plan for the Iraq war that includes a troop surge.

Boyda said she believed there was no evidence that Iraqis would be able to take more of a leadership role under the plan. She also said she would vote against a nonbinding resolution to support the plan and against funding it if the troop surge were presented separately.

On Friday, Boyda's staff announced she would be a member of the Readiness and Military Personnel subcommittees in the House.

Kansas Adjutant Gen. Tod Bunting also announced Friday that the 1st Battalion, 161st Field Artillery unit, headquartered in Wichita, would remain in Iraq for possibly 125 more days and return in the summer with the U.S. Army's 1st Brigade, 34th Division as part of the president's plan.

Comments

Ray Parker 7 years, 3 months ago

Did Boyda run on a "defeat at any price" platform?

ksmoderate 7 years, 3 months ago

Any charges of flip-flopping by people who don't like Boyda are MOOT (see Bush, George W. "Stay the course." "We've never been stay the course.").

And Rosie, I'm still glad RyUn was voted out. He did nothing for Kansans while in congress.

KS 7 years, 3 months ago

Isn't this a flip flop from her answers to Charlie Gibson? Said then that she would vote for funding, no?

rosie_66606 7 years, 3 months ago

I think Nancy took on more that she could chew. I bet all those that voted her in now reget voting for her. I hope that Ryan runs against her and wins.

Dambudzo 7 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for preserving my post.

She still doesn't know diddly about conducting a war.

She know no more about war than I know about child birth.

plumberscrack 7 years, 3 months ago

Posted by Dambudzo (anonymous) on January 13, 2007 at 3:11 p.m. (Suggest removal)

As if this broad know anything about conducting a war.

She needs to stick to female objectives.

You sir, are an idiot.

Like GWB knows anything about conducting a war? What experience does he have? Mwahahahahaa

Maybe GWB needs to stick to female objectives?!

PS...You're still an I-D-I-O-T!

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 3 months ago

Yes, Godot, we'll be seeing this modus operandi of changing positions to the point of absurdity over the next two years(all the Dems will be granted).

Shadower, W has dropped the stay the course line----don't you keep up on current events? You always seemed to be politically sharp to me....now, I don't know?

Godot 7 years, 3 months ago

Boyda won the election not because she had answers, but because she had questions,

Now she back flips from her first attempt at taking a stand. Turns out the pool she dove into, blinded and headfirst, was hard and unwelcoming.

Now, three days later, she has changed her position....sort of.

It will be a very lOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG two years for NE Kansans when it comes to expecting wise representation in Congress.

Chocoholic 7 years, 3 months ago

Dambudzo, you want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Care to elaborate on "She needs to stick to female objectives"? (Do they have anything to do with being "in the kitchen, barefoot, and pregnant"?)

Dambudzo 7 years, 3 months ago

shadower 7 years, 3 months ago

Any idea will be better than W's BS, better known as stay the course.