Archive for Thursday, December 27, 2007

More snow on the way

Light freezing rain, drizzle likely to start about midnight

December 27, 2007, 2:04 p.m. Updated December 27, 2007, 5:07 p.m.

Another winter storm is developing in central Kansas and will move into northeast Kansas tonight, according to Jennifer Schack, 6news meteorologist.

There is a chance for light freezing rain and drizzle to begin about midnight, Schack said. She said there is a better chance for snow accumulation to begin after 2 a.m. She said to expect between two and four inches to accumulate Friday.

The National Weather Service issued a snow advisory for Douglas County that extends from 9 p.m. today until noon Friday. The advisory is a precaution for inconveniences such as travel delays.

Schack said temperatures will stay in the 20s today, with wind chills in the teens.

Comments

Unix_Admin 7 years, 8 months ago

Uh oh! Time to freak out! Get Katie Horner on the line!

Kevin Sontag 7 years, 8 months ago

Would you say it is time to panic?

Yes, I would, Kent.

Soapdish 7 years, 8 months ago

I hit up the grocery store for cans of beans and spam, ran to Ace to get 80 lbs of ice melt, cut off as many drivers as I could in my panic, and now I'm sitting here waiting for doom.

Soapdish 7 years, 8 months ago

In that way that I'm not...lest I be taken seriously...

bearded_gnome 7 years, 8 months ago

spam...spam...spam I am; soapdish, I hope you found that recipe for lightly sauteed spam in a delicate garlic sauce served over angelhairpasta? or, spam and oysters quesche? maple syrup glazed baked spam...for this you must get the entire spam outa the can uncut, no mean feat. just hope you're prepared with all that spam neighbor. if all else fails, put the spam cans into your ancient hurling device and use them for target practice.