Archive for Thursday, December 27, 2007

More snow on the way

Light freezing rain, drizzle likely to start about midnight

December 27, 2007, 2:04 p.m. Updated December 27, 2007, 5:07 p.m.

Another winter storm is developing in central Kansas and will move into northeast Kansas tonight, according to Jennifer Schack, 6news meteorologist.

There is a chance for light freezing rain and drizzle to begin about midnight, Schack said. She said there is a better chance for snow accumulation to begin after 2 a.m. She said to expect between two and four inches to accumulate Friday.

The National Weather Service issued a snow advisory for Douglas County that extends from 9 p.m. today until noon Friday. The advisory is a precaution for inconveniences such as travel delays.

Schack said temperatures will stay in the 20s today, with wind chills in the teens.

Comments

Pywacket 6 years, 3 months ago

Informed~ one point for cleverly making the dare. Ten points for the frostbitten-tongued daredevil!

What would happen if you strapped frozen bricks of spam to your shoes and slid down 14th St? Would it be a smooth ride? Would every dog in town follow you, licking your spammy trail? I think you'd score major points, regardless.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 3 months ago

spam...spam...spam I am; soapdish, I hope you found that recipe for lightly sauteed spam in a delicate garlic sauce served over angelhairpasta? or, spam and oysters quesche? maple syrup glazed baked spam...for this you must get the entire spam outa the can uncut, no mean feat. just hope you're prepared with all that spam neighbor. if all else fails, put the spam cans into your ancient hurling device and use them for target practice.

GretchenJP 6 years, 3 months ago

What is this "snow" you speak of?

Norma Jeane Baker 6 years, 3 months ago

Can I triple dog dare someone to lick a flagpole??? How many points will that get me, Py?

thebcman 6 years, 3 months ago

I'd kind of like to put my Low Pressure System next to Katies Warm Front.

matahari 6 years, 3 months ago

here's the link for the fire katie Homer petition http://firekatie.com/

bobberboy 6 years, 3 months ago

No, it's not panic time - read the post - it will only be an inconveniance. In other words NO snow days for anyone tomorrow - better get your butts to work or else. The ice could be 2 ft. thick - too bad we had a snow day already and your not getting another one until the cows come home.

Pywacket 6 years, 3 months ago

I've bought up all the milk and bread in town and I'm making my kids stand on downtown street corners peddling it at a 1000% markup.

After that, we're going to put illegal chains on all our tires and wait for the freezing drizzle to start. We're having a competition to see who can run the most drivers off the road.

If you want to play, slap some chains on your oldest, toughest vehicle and head out this evening. Post your results later. Bonus points for flipping SUVs with blonde drivers! ;-) Triple bonus points for spinning out any vehicle with politician stickers, bragging-about-one's-kid stickers, or my-other-car-is-a-whatever stickers.

Soapdish 6 years, 3 months ago

In that way that I'm not...lest I be taken seriously...

Soapdish 6 years, 3 months ago

I hit up the grocery store for cans of beans and spam, ran to Ace to get 80 lbs of ice melt, cut off as many drivers as I could in my panic, and now I'm sitting here waiting for doom.

Mr_Ramirez 6 years, 3 months ago

The "panic, katie horner" posts are tiresome...

Kevin Sontag 6 years, 3 months ago

Would you say it is time to panic?

Yes, I would, Kent.

Unix_Admin 6 years, 3 months ago

Uh oh! Time to freak out! Get Katie Horner on the line!