Archive for Friday, December 21, 2007

Man arrested on child-solicitation charge

13-year-old approached near West Junior High on Thursday

December 21, 2007

Lawrence police arrested a 47-year-old Arkansas man Thursday evening on charges of aggravated indecent solicitation of a 13-year-old girl near West Junior High School, 2700 Harvard Road.

Police were called at 3:50 p.m. Thursday to an area near the school, where a man asked the student to get into his vehicle. School district officials said the student did not get into the vehicle.

As an officer was talking with the student, detectives found the man's vehicle. According to a police statement released this morning, the man would not pull over, but then he stopped his vehicle in the 1100 block of Hilltop Drive, near Hillcrest School.

Police also arrested the man on charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm and felony fleeing or eluding police.

Comments

Ceallach 7 years, 6 months ago

I pray this man will not be allowed back out on the streets. This just makes me sick. One of my grandchildren lives in that area.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

He'll be back on the streets before you know it. Someone like this will do worse things when he's let out of jail. He should be given a life sentence. This isn't just a small crime.

akt2 7 years, 6 months ago

I hope he gets a woman judge, and an all woman jury composed of mothers and grandmothers. That's what needs to happen with all the perverts of the world. Unless of course the mothers and grandmothers could find them first. In that case there wouldn't be a trial. No need to set a court date for a dead pervert.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

Of course, if you look at a female judge like Paula Martin, then you'll see that female judges can be just as ignorant.

akt2 7 years, 6 months ago

As of 12-21-07 there are 76 entries for Dg Co on the state sex offender site. These are the ones who have been caught. I love the fact that their pictures are posted. I also love it when I see last known address: Dg Co Jail. We should familiarize ourselves with these people, where they live, and what they look like. The psychiatrists say that these perverts can not be rehabilitated. They are mainstreamed into our communities. You can find this information at The Kansas Bureau of Investigation website. If you haven't ever looked, take a minute and check it out. You can search by city and/or county. Now these are just the ones that have been caught mind you. I hate to think how many others there are out there.

JackKats 7 years, 6 months ago

Interesting how the comments are so different in the blog from those about a woman teacher being with a 15 year old boy...

I hope, if he is guilty, is thrown under the jail, which is consistent with what I believed the teacher should have gotten....

Bitterfalls 7 years, 6 months ago

He was from Arkansas. He was probably looking for a wife, and thought he had seen his cousin, so he proposed to her.

Ceallach 7 years, 6 months ago

What we need is more women sheriffs! http://www.geocities.com/vbenson_2000/sheriffs.htm

Predators like this need to be arrested, castrated, executed and then given a fair trial. (Castration may seem unnecessary, given the execution that will follow, but I would like them to be mindful of just why they are being eradicated.)

kneejerkreaction 7 years, 6 months ago

Ceallach, I can provide a butter knife that won't cut through warm butter for the castration.

And, be aware that he'll be under very close supervision, doing the castration himself.

Freaking dirtbag.

Kookamooka 7 years, 6 months ago

I absolutely agree with Akt2. We should show our children pictures of the ones that live in the neighborhood so that they can protect themselves as they walk to school.

Kids can't be armed with guns but we can arm them with information that can protect them. Unfortunately, it shortens their childhoods.

Ceallach 7 years, 6 months ago

I just found out that a perv has moved onto my block!! Got a notice from an organization, I think it's the Family Watchdog, anyway, I copied the picture to show to some female students who also live near me. My 3 year old g'baby saw the picture and said, "Him not nice." I promise that is the truth! Unfortunately, most look like average people, their only abnormal inside. Although, with the help of knee's butter knife a bit of that abnormality could be removed.

sheshapes 7 years, 6 months ago

JackKats (Anonymous) says:

Interesting how the comments are so different in the blog from those about a woman teacher being with a 15 year old boy:

I hope, if he is guilty, is thrown under the jail, which is consistent with what I believed the teacher should have gotten:.

The two scenarios aren't even comparable. There's a huge difference between an adult having a consensual sexual relationship with a 15 year old and a felon driving around with a firearm and asking 13 year olds to get into his car! You can bet that dude was planning to something much more sinister than what the teacher did. The problem is, they can only bust him for what he did do, rather than what he was probably planning on doing.

Justanopinion 7 years, 6 months ago

When I was younger the school board refused to bus anyone within 1 mile of thier respective school. Is this still the same? Is anyone going to use this situation as a fact to present to change this legislation? Was this girl walking to school because she didnt have a bus ride and thats why this man had a chance to do this? We will educate the children to say no but not protect them from the situation. What would have happend if she did as she was educated, said no, and then he grabbed her? Possibly all because it would cost the school board another 300 in gas a year to bus students within a mile.....

We apparently have not been able to keep these idiots off the streets for years, so lets at least protect our children as best we can