Archive for Saturday, December 15, 2007

KU fans may experience delays on wreck-filled I-70

December 15, 2007

Troopers and medics are working two reported wrecks on Interstate 70 near Lawrence this afternoon, a Kansas Turnpike Authority dispatcher said.

Kansas University basketball fans on their way to Kansas City, Mo., to the Sprint Center for the Jayhawks 4 p.m. tip with Ohio University may notice slow traffic in the eastbound lanes 2 miles east of the east Lawrence turnpike exit.

A sport-utility vehicle was reported after 2 p.m. to have rolled over in that area. The dispatcher did not have specific information about possible injuries.

Also, Lawrence Douglas County Fire & Medical workers have responded to the eastbound lanes near the Shawnee-Douglas County line for a wreck at 2:30 p.m. Two people were reported to have suffered nonlife-threatening injuries, the dispatcher said.

Law enforcement officials and weather forecasters have advised drivers to take caution as snow continues to fall in the area.

Comments

renegade 7 years ago

Northtown,,, have fun playing with your dollies.

ScorpioPsyc 7 years ago

Uhmm- "wreck filled" consists of TWO wrecks?

camper 7 years ago

People need to just slow down when the roads are bad, and even when it is dark. Earlier this week I was passing a car in the left lane during icy conditions, but evidently I did not do it fast enough. A car came quickly behind me and flashed his lights (this is the way jerks tell you to get out of the way). I took my time but moved over to the other lane. Looked over to the moron who was driving an SUV, and saw the idiot talking on the cell phone, and also saw a television on in the car. I guess I should have given him the finger. But I wasn't quick enough.

OnlyTheOne 7 years ago

Camper a flashing of the lights was and still should be a universal sign of "I'm passing" just as a short toot on the horn would be during the daytime. Trouble is far too many people either have forgotten or just plain don't know the most simple set of automotive courtesies.

hornhunter 7 years ago

O T O, "a flashing of the lights was and still should be a universal sign of "I'm passing" just as a short toot on the horn would be during the daytime." The flashing of lights is generally use when passing trucks so they don't try to pass some one while you are them, not for cars passing cars. And in most states the flashing of lights to anyone is illegal, just like tooting your horn it is for an emergency. But I have to agree most drivers any more are not courteous. Zoom Zoom Zoom

camper 7 years ago

When I am doin the speed limit (and maybe 5 mph over) I am not going to move over for anyone (unless they are pregnant and are going to the hospital). If some idiot decides to flash his lights at me I'm going to just slow down to piss him off.

camper 7 years ago

I also do not think I am unfriendly driver because I drive in the right lane (except when passing), and when a traffic jam appeares, I always allow one or two people to change lanes in front of me. But if some frigin idiot wants to do 90 and flashes his lights at me, I'm going to give him the finger.

alanc 7 years ago

Camper - when you're behaving like a moron hogging the left lane, how exactly do you determine if the driver behind you is either pregnant or driving to the hospital?

camper 7 years ago

Using the left lane to pass is not hogging it. But you are right I guess I wouldn't know where the driver behind me is going.