Archive for Friday, December 14, 2007

Morrison to make announcement at 3 p.m. today

December 14, 2007

— Embattled Atty. Gen. Paul Morrison will make an announcement at 3 p.m. today.

His staff sent notice to reporters that a press conference will be held at that time in Topeka's Memorial Hall.

Morrison has been caught up in a sex and legal ethics scandal, which includes allegations that Morrison tried to get information about former A.G. Phill Kline's work as Johnson County district attorney.

Comments

TweakinTopekan 6 years, 4 months ago

WOW! A post of mine gets deleted that merely said "Aint it the truth, Randall?"!? (A reference to "One Flew over The Cuckoos Nest" in which one of Randall P McMurphy's fellow cuckoos cynically asks about another cuckoo's impotence problems with his wife, with the allusion (Not "illusion" but allusion) that he must be Gay, because he seems to know so much about it)

Someone seems to have a mighty thin skin about that. Weird. How was THAT a TOS violation worthy of deletion?

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Kropotkin, if Morrison did some of the things he's been accused of during his term as JoCo D.A., then yes, there should be an investigation. I continue to maintain that Carter's sexual harassment claims are bogus.

--Ag

pace 6 years, 4 months ago

Kline's whore was antiabortion, he ignored every other need this state had as attorney general. Morrison's whore might be Kline. Stupid male egos put ahead of consumer protection.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 4 months ago

Kropotkin:

Morrison's resignation doe NOT relieve him of potential criminal and civil liability.

Betcha there is MUCH more to come!

Frank Smith 6 years, 4 months ago

Resignation is effective 1/31. Will Klein continue to throw away JoCo taxpayer money on this vendetta (like he did with state money in the sure-loss Matthew Limon case) or will he find someone else to harass?

Redneckgal 6 years, 4 months ago

Hell they may as well just put Phil back in. It doesn't matter who gets appointed as a replacement. Phil will make sure they are unable to do anything other than fight his nuttiness anyway.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Spoken like a true immoral cretin, gypsynatalie.

But then, considering your have your own adulterer to keep on a leash... I'm not surprised. ;)

--Ag

Dollypawpaw 6 years, 4 months ago

The Adulterer got a whiff of the pit bull Kline and bolted like he was going out a bedroom window.

TweakinTopekan 6 years, 4 months ago

Marion Lynn 6 years, 4 months ago

Agnostick wrote:

"Karma's a bitch"

Marion writes:

I knew that Aggie is the town fool but did not realise that Aggie is also a primitive and superstitious town fool.

"Karma" indeed!

Dollypawpaw 6 years, 4 months ago

The Adulterer got a whiff of the pit bull Kline and bolted from office like he was jumping out a bedroom window.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Just remember, Dolly... Karma's a bitch. :)))

Marion Lynn 6 years, 4 months ago

Agnostick wrote:

"what does a dead actor have to do with any of this?"

Marion writes:

So much for Agidiot knowing the first thing about Kansas politics!

Larry Gates is the Chair of the Kansas Democrat Party!

Halfwit.

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dollypawpaw 6 years, 4 months ago

Your Adulterer sounds like he is tearing up.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

My point was about the hypocrite named Dollypawpaw. :))))))))

Dollypawpaw 6 years, 4 months ago

Ag

There are homo males that marry women for years and then decide they are not going to live the lie any longer.

Whats your point about the Adulterer again?

The Adulterer just resigned.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Dollypawpaw, Morrison spent most of his political life as a Republican. The day he and Joyce were married... Joyce was marrying a Republican.

Or are you so blinded by your political posting orgasms that you can't think or see straight? :)))

--Ag

P.S. Was it good for you?

oldgoof 6 years, 4 months ago

I wonder if his statement will be placed on the AG's web site above or below the item "Twelve Consumer Tips for the Twelve Days of Christmas"

Dollypawpaw 6 years, 4 months ago

The Adulterer will confess that he is in love with two women.

Liberal babes hearts will swoon and a collective sigh will be heard. "He's my loverboy" and "It takes a village" will be voiced from the deeply moved crowd of stimulated liberal babes and limp wristed liberal men.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Speaking of tabloid TV, does anyone know if any of the stations will be carrying it live?

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

gypsynatalie, what does a dead actor have to do with any of this?

The two of you are nuttier than a pair of fruitcakes (but just as fruity!)

--Ag

Sigmund 6 years, 4 months ago

Frankly I am shocked he will be resigning. After switching politcal parties to further his career, breaking his vows with his wife to do some tummy bumping, lying about his leaving his wife and kids stringing her along, then threatening Carter repeatedly by phone in front of witnesses if he didn't get the inside scoop on the Planned Parenthood JoCo case, I didn't figure Morrison for a man, let alone one that would do the right thing for Kansas or his kids.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 4 months ago

It isn't just about the affair, the charges go deeper and must be investigated, although messing around with a suborinate is a sign of very very poor judgment.

Marion Lynn 6 years, 4 months ago

I have it on good authority that Morrison is POed because of all the deals that Larry Gates required him to make in order to get elected as AG.

This could get interesting.

oldgoof 6 years, 4 months ago

There will be a long long long line of potentials in addition to Biggs. Your support and his candidacy mean nothing to the Governor.

BABBOY 6 years, 4 months ago

"It's just a shame we can not get a decent and honorable man such as Phill Kline back as AG next Monday."

That is pretty funny. Kline appears to be a little smarter then Morrison by keeping his zipper zipped, but he is still power crazed. Have you ever talked to either one of them? Politics aside, they are both egomaniacs.

Good news for democrats if he is resigning. Bad news for RT in that at least 1000 of his future posts would be negated as moot. Well at least you will still have the vile liberal media to pick on (whoever that may be).

Biggs seems ok. If my memory is correct, he ran so the democrats would have somedody other then a Phelps for a candidate. Biggs ran a low cost campaign and nearly won.

mom_of_three 6 years, 4 months ago

Morrison is heavily involved in the Jodi Sanderholm case in Ark City, and the family doesn't care if he had an affair, they want him on the case. I would hate to see it postpone the trial because of this mess.

hottruckinmama 6 years, 4 months ago

The dumby will probably need a good income once his wife gets done cooking his goose for sure.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 4 months ago

I think he's smart in doing this re; preserving his license to practice law. Unlike Willy, not too many people will want to hear his speeches. He needs an income.

hottruckinmama 6 years, 4 months ago

eeeewwwww!!! That gives me pictures in my head I don't need.

fraublucher 6 years, 4 months ago

I could go three-way. I hear those bible-thumper types are wicked.

jlw53 6 years, 4 months ago

As he should, he will resign. Biggs would be a fine replacement and I bet that there are others on the current staff that would be suitable though I don't have any names.

75x55 6 years, 4 months ago

The ol' 'weekend cut-n-run'?

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 4 months ago

OK, forget my 1:46 post....everybody go back to what they were doing.

Wow! What a crazy world!

BigDog 6 years, 4 months ago

According to the Kansas City Star ... Morrison is stepping down.

kozakid 6 years, 4 months ago

kozakid has learned at 1:45 that Morrison will indeed announce his resignation at 3:00. However, my source says he will not leave his position immediately. I think he needs to go before he does more damage.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 4 months ago

LD hit it....this is just some very early-on damage control. Doubt he will take any drastic steps today at 3:00.

BTW, will the local networks cut in? Stupid ?? I know but I watch very little local nets---weather and that's about it so I don't know their game. Anyone?

BigDog 6 years, 4 months ago

Well if he stays on he better be innocent or Democrats are going to be impacted negatively in next election.

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays on ..... its a natural instinct to fight accusations especially as a politician and a lawyer.

preebo 6 years, 4 months ago

I have on good authority that he will not be resigning his post. I am close friends with a member of his staff and I was assured he is staying for the long haul.

rumor_man 6 years, 4 months ago

I heard that he's called the press conference to just look at all of the reporting hotties.

lunacydetector 6 years, 4 months ago

my money is on him not doing anything at all. trying to profile someone in his position, he will hold his press conference and reiterate that he did absolutely nothing wrong, and now that an independent investigator is investigating, he will not be able to discuss any of these allegations.

he will call for business as usual, he is innocent and until he is exonerated the issue is mute.

acg 6 years, 4 months ago

Too bad the Libertarians can't get anywhere because of this retarded party system we're stuck with.

Chris Bohling 6 years, 4 months ago

Further proof that lots of people in government are scumbags, we just don't know who. Sign me on to the libertarian cruise this year.

macon47 6 years, 4 months ago

HE IS PROBABLY GOING TO SPILL THE BEANS ABOUT THE TRAMP LINDA CARTER HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH SLIMEBALL PHIL KLINE

ksdivakat 6 years, 4 months ago

Now correct me if im wrong.....but when this all came up at election didnt he deny having an affair with anyone?? ANd now hes saying he did have an affair??

BigDog 6 years, 4 months ago

I believe he resigns. He is not in hot water about the affair (legally) as much as the other charges against him (phone harassment, blackmail, threats, etc.). Not saying he did or did not do these things but the other legal stuff is what damages him as an attorney general especially if reports are correct in that other staff (from Morrison administration) overheard the phone calls.

logicsound04 6 years, 4 months ago

Here's my take on what I expect the content of Morrison's press conference to be:

"F*ck you Phill Kline"

spywell 6 years, 4 months ago

We live in a whore culture. Whore's need planned parenthood. If your married and have a whore too, who cares. Your a whore too.

If your offended with the term whore, don't be.

You should not quite your job over a disgruntled whore.

This sets a bad precedence for all the other whore's. When that don't get their selfish way they'll think of some reason to behich about how they were treated like a whore. Nonetheless, as the say goes.

Act like a whore, get treated like a whore.

But don't let a whore ruin government because she's a bad whore, complaining about her disappointment from her whorish lifestyle.

acg 6 years, 4 months ago

I hope he doesn't resign. I don't buy for a minute the sexual harrassment claim. I think this woman is looking for her 15 minutes, just like Monica and that awful hag Linda Tripp were. He had an affair with this chick. It was totally wrong. But at this point, it's between him, his wife (ex-wife?) and his God.

spywell 6 years, 4 months ago

Morrison shouldn't resign its stupid.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 4 months ago

"Like I said, dump them all and toss in the racists and Christian Supremicists as well and lets clean the trash out of Kansas."-americorpse

Letting your bigot flag fly again, americorpse? Liberal Elitist or clueless have-not....which are you?

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 4 months ago

One thing is, Morrison is no dummie, he's been in law enforcement/law most of his adult life. The bottom line is if in his own mind---his own frame of reference, if he knows he's fully submersed in hot grease as we sit here and post, he's most likely going to just resign. If he feels the non-sex related allegations are baseless---he's going to Willy up on us....in that case, we'll be talking about this at least until next 4th of July and probably longer.

fairylight 6 years, 4 months ago

He has done well with the KSC, I just don't see him as the AG, but I have been wrong before, lol.

Frank Smith 6 years, 4 months ago

I for one hope that Morrison doesn't resign, but that's entirely his personal decision.

When Bob Stephan was involved in adultery he not only did not resign as AG but was reelected twice.

The complaints from Linda Carter are implausible, other than the adultery. The timing, type and the nature of her complaint make me think they are being filed more to harm Morrison than to right any wrong. I think the elements will be found to be without legal merit on the basis of the statute of limitations, and the fact that he ceased to be her supervisor a year ago. This is despite the obvious injudiciousness that Morrison admits to having displayed. If I am correct, any attorney would know that the complaint is worthless.

I can't help but think that Kline has engineered this, sleazy as he is. I'd be willing to give long odds on that, matter of fact.

Morrison has obviously consulted with his attorney, and I think his announcement this afternoon will reflect that advice.

Were Morrison to resign, I think Chris Biggs would make a terrific A.G.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

I thought Biggs was the "answer" in 2002... that's why I voted for him! Recall that Biggs lost that year by a rather narrow margin.

If Morrison resigns, Governor Sebelius, a Democrat, will appoint a replacement. Biggs, another Democrat, is a natural choice... if he still wants the job, after spending a few years heading up KSC.

--Ag

fairylight 6 years, 4 months ago

Agnostick (Anonymous) says:

Wonder if Chris Biggs is packing up his office?

-Ag

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????????? Do some of you think Biggs the THE answer? What has he done that proves he is a prime candidate?

Dont_Feed_The_Bears 6 years, 4 months ago

Once you give up your integrety... you are done. He has no choice but to resign.

ksdivakat 6 years, 4 months ago

My $$$ is on a resignation as well...........

americorps 6 years, 4 months ago

While I think he should resign and I hope he does, I would not be surprised if Kline himself will keep Morrison in office.

I think Kline over-played his hand trying to force the issue and I could see some justice in not stepping down just to make sure Kline knows he was a worthless scumbag who is a pox on Kansas.

Kline even gives lawyers a bad name...and thats hard to do considering the reputation of lawyers.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 4 months ago

He's got time for a quickie between lunch and the press conference.

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Wonder if Chris Biggs is packing up his office?

--Ag

Agnostick 6 years, 4 months ago

Leave of absence? Resignation?

Either one will be good, though at this point I'd rather see the former.

The sexual harassment claim is bogus--everything else needs a thorough investigation.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com http://www.uscentrist.org http://www.americanplan.org

TJ_in_Lawrence 6 years, 4 months ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. and the next chapter gets even juicier.....