Archive for Friday, December 14, 2007

Morrison to make announcement at 3 p.m. today

December 14, 2007

— Embattled Atty. Gen. Paul Morrison will make an announcement at 3 p.m. today.

His staff sent notice to reporters that a press conference will be held at that time in Topeka's Memorial Hall.

Morrison has been caught up in a sex and legal ethics scandal, which includes allegations that Morrison tried to get information about former A.G. Phill Kline's work as Johnson County district attorney.

Comments

Terry Jacobsen 7 years, 5 months ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. and the next chapter gets even juicier.....

ksdivakat 7 years, 5 months ago

My $$$ is on a resignation as well...........

fairylight 7 years, 5 months ago

Agnostick (Anonymous) says:

Wonder if Chris Biggs is packing up his office?

-Ag

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????????? Do some of you think Biggs the THE answer? What has he done that proves he is a prime candidate?

Frank Smith 7 years, 5 months ago

I for one hope that Morrison doesn't resign, but that's entirely his personal decision.

When Bob Stephan was involved in adultery he not only did not resign as AG but was reelected twice.

The complaints from Linda Carter are implausible, other than the adultery. The timing, type and the nature of her complaint make me think they are being filed more to harm Morrison than to right any wrong. I think the elements will be found to be without legal merit on the basis of the statute of limitations, and the fact that he ceased to be her supervisor a year ago. This is despite the obvious injudiciousness that Morrison admits to having displayed. If I am correct, any attorney would know that the complaint is worthless.

I can't help but think that Kline has engineered this, sleazy as he is. I'd be willing to give long odds on that, matter of fact.

Morrison has obviously consulted with his attorney, and I think his announcement this afternoon will reflect that advice.

Were Morrison to resign, I think Chris Biggs would make a terrific A.G.

fairylight 7 years, 5 months ago

He has done well with the KSC, I just don't see him as the AG, but I have been wrong before, lol.

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

I hope he doesn't resign. I don't buy for a minute the sexual harrassment claim. I think this woman is looking for her 15 minutes, just like Monica and that awful hag Linda Tripp were. He had an affair with this chick. It was totally wrong. But at this point, it's between him, his wife (ex-wife?) and his God.

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

I believe he resigns. He is not in hot water about the affair (legally) as much as the other charges against him (phone harassment, blackmail, threats, etc.). Not saying he did or did not do these things but the other legal stuff is what damages him as an attorney general especially if reports are correct in that other staff (from Morrison administration) overheard the phone calls.

ksdivakat 7 years, 5 months ago

Now correct me if im wrong.....but when this all came up at election didnt he deny having an affair with anyone?? ANd now hes saying he did have an affair??

Chris Bohling 7 years, 5 months ago

Further proof that lots of people in government are scumbags, we just don't know who. Sign me on to the libertarian cruise this year.

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

Too bad the Libertarians can't get anywhere because of this retarded party system we're stuck with.

lunacydetector 7 years, 5 months ago

my money is on him not doing anything at all. trying to profile someone in his position, he will hold his press conference and reiterate that he did absolutely nothing wrong, and now that an independent investigator is investigating, he will not be able to discuss any of these allegations.

he will call for business as usual, he is innocent and until he is exonerated the issue is mute.

rumor_man 7 years, 5 months ago

I heard that he's called the press conference to just look at all of the reporting hotties.

preebo 7 years, 5 months ago

I have on good authority that he will not be resigning his post. I am close friends with a member of his staff and I was assured he is staying for the long haul.

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

Well if he stays on he better be innocent or Democrats are going to be impacted negatively in next election.

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays on ..... its a natural instinct to fight accusations especially as a politician and a lawyer.

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

According to the Kansas City Star ... Morrison is stepping down.

jlw53 7 years, 5 months ago

As he should, he will resign. Biggs would be a fine replacement and I bet that there are others on the current staff that would be suitable though I don't have any names.

hottruckinmama 7 years, 5 months ago

eeeewwwww!!! That gives me pictures in my head I don't need.

hottruckinmama 7 years, 5 months ago

The dumby will probably need a good income once his wife gets done cooking his goose for sure.

mom_of_three 7 years, 5 months ago

Morrison is heavily involved in the Jodi Sanderholm case in Ark City, and the family doesn't care if he had an affair, they want him on the case. I would hate to see it postpone the trial because of this mess.

oldgoof 7 years, 5 months ago

There will be a long long long line of potentials in addition to Biggs. Your support and his candidacy mean nothing to the Governor.

jumpin_catfish 7 years, 5 months ago

It isn't just about the affair, the charges go deeper and must be investigated, although messing around with a suborinate is a sign of very very poor judgment.

Sigmund 7 years, 5 months ago

Frankly I am shocked he will be resigning. After switching politcal parties to further his career, breaking his vows with his wife to do some tummy bumping, lying about his leaving his wife and kids stringing her along, then threatening Carter repeatedly by phone in front of witnesses if he didn't get the inside scoop on the Planned Parenthood JoCo case, I didn't figure Morrison for a man, let alone one that would do the right thing for Kansas or his kids.

oldgoof 7 years, 5 months ago

I wonder if his statement will be placed on the AG's web site above or below the item "Twelve Consumer Tips for the Twelve Days of Christmas"

Redneckgal 7 years, 5 months ago

Hell they may as well just put Phil back in. It doesn't matter who gets appointed as a replacement. Phil will make sure they are unable to do anything other than fight his nuttiness anyway.

Frank Smith 7 years, 5 months ago

Resignation is effective 1/31. Will Klein continue to throw away JoCo taxpayer money on this vendetta (like he did with state money in the sure-loss Matthew Limon case) or will he find someone else to harass?

pace 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline's whore was antiabortion, he ignored every other need this state had as attorney general. Morrison's whore might be Kline. Stupid male egos put ahead of consumer protection.