Archive for Friday, April 6, 2007

Power outage hits west Lawrence

April 6, 2007

About 1,000 Lawrence residents are without power and have been since a little after 4 p.m. today.

Gina Penzig, a spokeswoman for Westar Energy, said the outage was caused by a failed breaker. As of 5 p.m., crews on the scene expected the power to be back on soon.

The power outage included customers in an area bounded by Harvard Road to the north and Bob Billings Parkway to the south, Kasold Drive to the east and Wakarusa Drive to the west.

Comments

Ragingbear 7 years, 7 months ago

Failed breaker. This as opposed to other reasons why we constantly lose power like "Light wind" and "it may rain next week"

Kevin Sontag 7 years, 7 months ago

It may rain next week????? OHMYGOD! Get to the grocery stores! Buy water and canned goods! We could be out of power for weeks!!!! Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!

Stupid Westar.

Chrissy Neibarger 7 years, 7 months ago

I'm sitting at my office waiting for my paycheck.. thanks westar! Our power went out and I have to wait till payroll can print the checks! hehe.. and I thought this was supposed to be a "good" friday :)

moveforward 7 years, 7 months ago

Happens at least twice a month whether we need it or not. This is a very regular occurance in west Lawrence... why report it today? Ok, reset the VCR, clocks, and computer again.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 7 months ago

maybe it was the snowfall this morning that took out the electricity? you know it was 'severe flurries.' all them high-turnout voters in West Lawrence...there ya' go. while us schlubs in east lawrence never lost power.

kshoc 7 years, 7 months ago

I havent seen my husband and my kids havent seen their dad all day because he works for "stupid Westar" that's trying to get YOUR power back on! Believe me they dont want the power outages in this cold weather and on good friday anymore than you do. Give them a break they are doing the best they can!