Archive for Monday, September 25, 2006

One injured in U.S. 59 wreck

Accident happened at 8 a.m. today

September 25, 2006

One person was evacuated by air ambulance following a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 59 at Zarco about 8 a.m. Monday.

Other details to follow.

Comments

mamaj 10 years ago

LJWorld, I'm sorry to say, reported the site of the accident incorrectly.

It did not occur at the Zarco intersection, but a quarter mile north of the station. Hopefully this will be corrected when more details are given.

amyc 10 years ago

mechman, without comment on this particular accident, I am curious about the web link you referred to. I can't seem to find my way to highway patrol accident reports--can you be more specific about how to get to them? Thank.

Linda Endicott 10 years ago

Looks to me to be a site for the federal government. I didn't see anything about the state of Kansas...

mechman 10 years ago

1st someone needs to get their story straight .... NO 4 Way STOP at n700 & 59 2nd traveling north how do you have sun in your eyes??? 3rd 21 yr from ottawa crossed into other lane of traffic......

JUST PLAIN STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mechman 10 years ago

TO SEE ACCIDENT REPORT GO TO kansas gov.com click on highway patrol accident reports

redfred 10 years ago

KDOT is not going to do anything to taht intersection because they are going to build a new highway. Never mind that is not in the near future. No telling how many more will be serousily injured before that happens.

qeely50 10 years ago

All crashes are KDOT's fault. Period.

ohjayhawk 10 years ago

mechman - I'm asssuming your comments were directed at Pywacket. If you would've slowed down and read what was written, you would've seen that Pywacket was describing a completely different accident. Therefore,

There may be a 4-way stop at that intersection (N. 1250 Rd & E. 1500 Rd.)

Pywacket wasn't always travelling north ("After we got through the intersection, we turned north on E. 1500 Rd)

Yes, the story you tell may be true, but it is a completely different story than the one Pywacket was telling.