Archive for Monday, October 2, 2006

Richardson found guilty on four out of five counts in HIV trial

October 2, 2006

Jurors this morning found a Lawrence man guilty of intentionally exposing three women to HIV but found him not guilty of exposing a fourth.

Jurors said they did not believe Robert W. Richardson II's story that he thought it was physically impossible to expose the women, given that his drug regimen had lowered the level of the virus in his blood.

"I think he was lying to himself as much as he was lying to them," juror Melissa Padgett said afterward. "It makes me feel sorry for him in a way, but you don't have the right to play with other people like that."

Jurors found Richardson guilty of exposing three women in the past year by having sex with them without telling them he was HIV-positive. One woman he met online, one he met working at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and one he met through Kansas University's Society of Open-Minded Atheists and Agnostics. But jurors said there was not enough evidence to prove he exposed a fourth woman he met online who claimed he removed a condom during sex.

Richardson, 30, remains in jail and will be sentenced Nov. 22. He likely faces probation under state sentencing guidelines, but the conviction means he probably would go to prison if convicted of other cases pending against him in Lyon and Wyandotte counties. He also has a charge pending in Johnson County, Mo.

Comments

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

Well, see gang, HIV/AIDS education in this country is really in sad shape.

There is the Almighty Condom.................

...yeah, right.

The Almighty Condom protects only in a realtively narrow set of sexual practices.

Any practice other than straight sex with no other kind of contact (I'm not certain how specific I can be here without getting the post deleted, so I will tread lightly!) can negate condom use except for reasonable protection against pregnancy.

Example:

Think that Slick Wille had "Safe Sex" with Monica?

Wrong!

Oral gentital contact can and does constitute exposure.

Bang!

And what did he do with the cigar?

He put it, well.....you know and then "smoked" it.

Bang!

Potential exposure!

Understanding the odds of exposure are key as well.

I'll let you look up those on your own but HIV/AIDS does some funny things.

For example, the method of transmission from an infected female to an uninfected male during sexual contact which involves nothing but straight sex is not undestood very well.

The evidence seems to indicate absorbtion of the virus through the skin as things do not flow UP a pipeline and this has researchers a bit worried.

If we compare HIV/AIDS to rabies(Now don't flip out; it is a reasonable comparison in terms of transmissivity!) we find that rabies exposre can occur from the virus being shed in saliva. This means that if an infected animal, even one not showing symptoms, licks you and happens to lick a scratch, an open sore; no matter how tine or a cut; even a light scrapoe which has broken the epidermis, you may be exposed to and may well get raibies so you'd better toot off to the Dr. and get your rabies shots! I KNOW! It happened to me and the poor little critter was infected as all get out!

I was exposed by a completely healthy appearing but infectedIbaby racoon!

Now to a greater or lesser extent the HIV/AIDS virus is also "shed" in vaginal secretions, male fuids AND saliva.

While saliva shedding rates are low, the possibility is still there.

There are really only two kinds of so-called "Safe Sex":

No sex or sex within a known-to-be-safe monagamous or polygamus relationship in which none of the partners engage in sex of any kind with outsiders.

The girls who were wating for me were my two girl freinds and they were waiting for me to pick them up!

For cryin' out loud; so you really tink that I go out and grab off the barstool the first girl who looks availabe?

Maybe for a drink or two, conversation and spin 'round the dance floor but NOT for sex!

Criminy!

This AIN'T the sixties or seventies!

Besides, if you are going girl hunting in the bars, Tuesday ain't one of the most promising days!

Wed, Friday and Saturdays are the open season days!

I been at this for some time now and have a pretty good handle on it!

Thanks.

Marion.

Sigmund 7 years, 6 months ago

Darn, I missed the tag .... LOL!

bearded_gnome 7 years, 6 months ago

obviously...I was in sarcasm mode siggy.

Sigmund 7 years, 6 months ago

I am not really sure Marion, or anyone for that matter, would want the type of women who are so easily bedded. Those types of women tend to be diseased. Go figure.

Sigmund 7 years, 6 months ago

"He likely faces probation under state sentencing guidelines, but the conviction means he probably would go to prison if convicted of other cases pending against him in Lyon and Wyandotte counties."

I don't see him doing much more than a year or two at the most... http://www.sedgwickcounty.org/da/sentencing_grid.html

bearded_gnome 7 years, 6 months ago

how did this Richardson get so successful with women? I mean, he's charged with what most onto a dozen...different! amazing.

maybe he could instruct Marion.

my_black_lab_told_me_so 7 years, 6 months ago

macon47 7 years, 6 months ago

LETS HOPE THE OTHER COUNTIES HAVE ENOUGH GUTS TO PUT HIM IN A CELL THEY WILL HAVE TO PUMP DAYLIGHT TO UNTILL HE EXPIRES OF OLD AGE. here in douglas county we give doper sex addicts the key to the city.

one_more_bob 7 years, 6 months ago

Whoopsie, oh well, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

bruhahax 7 years, 6 months ago

Best news of the day unless you like reading about a dirty congressman.

See ya Rob!

macon47 7 years, 6 months ago

i hope this is a lesson to young women

Wilbur_Nether 7 years, 6 months ago

Sorry, one_more_bob. Unfortunately, I just demonstrated again that ironic tones don't e-translate well.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 6 months ago

To heck with you ungrateful citizens. I, for one, thank Marion Sydney Lynn. He single handedly caught this guy and brought Peace and Calm to our fair city. You heathens should feel ashamed.

one_more_bob 7 years, 6 months ago

Wilbur, click on marion's user name & then click on (view all) by the number of posts. Scroll back thru some of what he's posted lately. Laff riot!

Bone777 7 years, 6 months ago

The best protection Marion could use, would be to open his mouth.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

nekansan: His hair has nothing to do with the verdict. However, it still looked horrible. I'm very happy to hear that he cut it so he could look better for court. Obviously, this didn't help him and that's a good thing.

Have fun, Marion!!! Use protection!

Termcd4 7 years, 6 months ago

ok, got it Bone, thanks for the 411...and thanks for not callin' me stupid in this public forum...i appreciate your patience!

Bone777 7 years, 6 months ago

I didn't mean that literally. He is like Richardson in that he infects our computers with his viral thinking.

Marion is a "poster" that is very opionated, usually very polarized in his views, and likes to insult.

Termcd4 7 years, 6 months ago

help me Bone, I still dont get it....why are we calling the guy that was convicted Marion? Why is he going to a bar...to fool more stupid chics into having sex with him, despite his awful hair??

Bone777 7 years, 6 months ago

Termcd4- Marion is the Robert W. Richardson II, of the internet.

Bone777 7 years, 6 months ago

Ooops. Well 'you' or your intellect.

Becca 7 years, 6 months ago

Oh, and I used to live in Emporia(Lyon Co), was born and raised there, and I can tell you they will screw it up. That town is full of idiots. Worse than here.

Termcd4 7 years, 6 months ago

ok, am i missing something? Who is Marion? And arent we talking about Richardson's horrible hair? I have noticed his hair, and have wondered from the beginning, why in the world would ANY woman find him attractive, let alone 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

concernedparent 7 years, 6 months ago

the personal comments are way more fun.

Becca 7 years, 6 months ago

I'm glad they found him guilty.

Bone777 7 years, 6 months ago

Marion- With all the hot air you are full of, I don't think you should have any problems blowing out the candles on your cake.

Finding a lady in Westport that likes you intellect?
Now that's a different story.

P.S. dstavin - What's the fun in that?

Deb Stavin 7 years, 6 months ago

Just my two cents, but I wish posters to this forum would focus the issues in the LJW articles, instead of making personal comments about or to each other.

one_more_bob 7 years, 6 months ago

Also, today in history, 1915, Bulgaria agrees to enter WW I on the side of the Germans.

couranna1 7 years, 6 months ago

The time he will get will be very little but hopefully the cons will teach him some etiquette lessons

cutny 7 years, 6 months ago

wow Marion, love the third-person approach you take to your own persona. It's so...meta and self-referential, kinda like P. Diddy. Hope you're driving not man, happy birthday. Regarding this story, I think it is naive to think that this guy is the only one in town who is HIV+ and having unprotected sex with unsuspecting partners. Anyone that is not in a monogamous relationship needs to protect themselves and not rely on an intimate stranger to be honest with you, or the law to protect you.

acg 7 years, 6 months ago

OMB, I get little bursts of pleasure watching you bust Marion's chops on a daily basis. Keep up the good work!

switzerland 7 years, 6 months ago

Not that this matters, but he already did get a haircut.

Centrist 7 years, 6 months ago

Let's hope that Lyon Co, KS, Wyandotte Co KS and Johnson Co MO don't screw it up ...

I think it's a powerful message that "liberal" Douglas Co was able to get 3 of 4 guilty verdicts.

one_more_bob 7 years, 6 months ago

Is

the

meter

ticking

marion

?

Marion Lynn 7 years, 6 months ago

No, actually Marion is on his way to:

(1) JJ's Other Place

(2) Kelley's Westport

(3) The Jazz in Westport.....

..in celebration of his 55th birthday

Ya'll have a good time; ya hear?

Can't leave the girls waiting!

Later.

Marion.

lonelyboy 7 years, 6 months ago

Warning HIV Positive...but on drugs .... Watch out Bubba ....!!!!!!!!!!!

nekansan 7 years, 6 months ago

I'm glad he was convicetd but what could his hair possibly have to do with it.

hurlehey_boy 7 years, 6 months ago

The scary thing is all the other pending charges for the same thing in other cities.

prioress 7 years, 6 months ago

Good decision. Sad situation and a sign of our times.

Confrontation 7 years, 6 months ago

I wonder if Marion is out celebrating at The Last Call? I hope this guy rots! I also hope he is forced to get his hair cut.