Archive for Monday, November 6, 2006

Kline to hold press conference at Tiller’s clinic

Discussion will happen after O’Reilly show

November 6, 2006

The O'Reilly Factor

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly discusses the late-term abortion by a Kansas doctor and its influence on the state's attorney general race. Enlarge video

— Atty. Gen. Phill Kline will hold a press conference Monday night at the clinic of Wichita abortion doctor George Tiller.

His campaign sent out the following press release Monday evening:

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nov. 6, 2006

Attorney General Phill Kline will hold a news conference this evening at 7:30 following the first half of The O'Reilly Factor hosted by Bill O'Reilly. He will discuss his office's investigation into alleged cases of child rape, failure to report rape, incest, violations of our state's late-term abortions, and other possible crimes.

Location:

Women's Health Care Services

5107 East Kellogg, Wichita

UPDATE: The Associated Press reported after 8 p.m. it would not move a story from the press conference; no new announcements were made during the press conference, AP said.

Comments

xenophonschild 8 years, 1 month ago

GOPConservative:

Good post. You said all I intended to. They don't want to admit to fascism, but that's what they are; that's what they're about.

Maybe Kline can get on as a second-string fundamentalist preacher at a apostolic church somewhere in Topeka.

acg 8 years, 1 month ago

Hehhee, just when you thought rightthinker couldn't get any more full of crap, you come along to this thread and see the heaping piles all around him. You're an idiot, to the nth degree.

Phill Kline is a sad, little man with a little man complex. He has to invade the privacy of others to make himself feel important. He reminds me of a small child that feels as if he's not getting enough attention so he has to create some sort of drama. I can't wait to vote against him today. I can't wait to see him lose this election. What a scumbag!!

gccs14r 8 years, 1 month ago

Maybe Wichita PD can arrest Kline for divulging patient records to O'Reilly.

manofleisure 8 years, 1 month ago

Just when you thought he couldn't... he does. A new low for our spelled-wrong Phill.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 1 month ago

I bet this has absolutely nothing to do with the election tomorrow.

oldgranny 8 years, 1 month ago

Morrison is going to win no doubt. But something tells me that even if it is a landslide we haven't heard the last of loony Phill yet. I can't imagine that he will go down in defeat very easily. He probably has something up his sleeve.

white_mountain 8 years, 1 month ago

Why didn't he just have Morrison arrested?

(or will that happen tomorrow after people see through his transparent 11th hour BS)

willie_wildcat 8 years, 1 month ago

Right thinker- I will have a good nights sleep. I am one that fully supports the right to choose. I feel that some right wing trying to legislate certain parts of my anatomy is just wrong. How would you feel if it was the other way around? Probably would not be an issue I suspect

white_mountain 8 years, 1 month ago

Bye Bye Kline.

Most Kansans have had enough of your religious crusade.

EvaTrujillo 8 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if Ms Kline wishes that she had had a choice. Seriously, most U.S. Citizens (note not Americans, can't speak for the Americans north of the U.S or the ones south of the U.S), so MOST U.S. citizens are pro-choice. Does it make it right, like when most U.S citizens were for slavery? Who knows? We know slaves were treated badly, very badly and that was clearly wrong. Fetuses, we're less sure about. One theory is their souls will come back in other bodies as part of the life-cycle, and they will be that much closer to attaining enlightenment. The good thing is they don't suffer as long as humans in capitivity.

Bubarubu 8 years, 1 month ago

I was amused by O'Reilly's description of the race as "tight". A 13-point lead is um...less than tight.

willie_wildcat 8 years, 1 month ago

right thinker- yes I have I was in KCK and saw one of the scare trucks your kind likes to use to frighten people into thinking abortion is evil. The pictures did not bother me in facht I thought it was sad that they resort to such tactics. It is better than a wire hanger in a back alley that is for sure. Or did you forget that that was the only way that women could get an abortin before it was made safe and legal?

Most people have had it with Phil's little crusade and I will proudly voting for Paul Morrison tommorrow.

tell_it_like_it_is 8 years, 1 month ago

What a media whore. This guy missed his calling. He needs to go be a TV preacher.

Steve Jacob 8 years, 1 month ago

FYI Supreme Court gets the late turm abortion appeal on Wed. So it will be outlawed, even in case of rape or health of mother.

Kline will lose.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

Agnosick, It's the update at the top of this page.

tell_it_like_it_is 8 years, 1 month ago

Abortion is the "crown jewel of the Democratic party?" Hell I think its the crown jewel of the GOP. If it wasn't for that and gay marriage W's ratings would be down to about 10%.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

The associated press saw it for what it was, a publicity stunt, and won't move a story as Kline said nothing new in the "press conference".

8 years, 1 month ago

This is like a highlight clip from a "Best of Jerry Springer", only it's real. Amazing.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

Sorry, that's Agnostick, completely unintentional.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

I wonder how much evidence Megan has and whether she will still be at WIBW tomorrow...

drewdun 8 years, 1 month ago

Just when you thought they couldn't get any lower and any more desperate...

And I'm glad rt shows his true spirit of wanting to imprison anyone who disagrees with his political viewpoints. Fascist slime.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

Just to clarify, I think Tiller is quite possibly scum, but there are infinitely more abortion clinics in other states, and some which are probably more reprehensible. The only reason this is getting O'Reilly's attention is that he is the whore of the extreme right and was likely recruited to help Kline out. He also didn't waste any time defaming the KC Star and Wichita Eagle in his rantings which have both come out against the Republican incumbants.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

right_thinker, I will happily help get you to the polls. I may not agree with your politics, but I strongly believe that everyone who is eligible should vote.

Terry Jacobsen 8 years, 1 month ago

So lets see. I guess that 85 sherriffs in the State of Kansas are all right wing religious fanatics? Seems to me that if the law men on the street think Phil is best for the job, that should mean something.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

TJ, that is 84, one switched. I am not sure who suggested that the sheriffs were right wing religious fanatics. I don't agree with that assessment. Historically, law enforcement has always supported those who make their jobs easier.

fletch 8 years, 1 month ago

"So lets see. I guess that 85 sherriffs in the State of Kansas are all right wing religious fanatics?"

Yeah.... pretty much. I got pulled over in Garden City and the deputy sheriff asked me if I was Christian. Point blank. And it wasn't just cute making conversation talk. He was really weighing the matter.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

Patriotman, better to kill and eat them as babies than let them starve to death later under Republicans.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 1 month ago

Enough of beating Kline, I'm going to look for a Ryan thread.

GO TO POLLS TOMORROW, PATRIOTS!

consvdem 8 years, 1 month ago

Is that a privately owned clinic? Could Kline be arrested for trespassing? I somehow doubt that he got the owner's permission.

Cait McKnelly 8 years, 1 month ago

Kansas has 105 counties. This means there are at least 21 sherriffs that haven't stopped that low.

morganalefay 8 years, 1 month ago

Patriotman, you wrote: "Krieg errichtet Buchstaben"

Eh? War constructs letters (as in the alphabet)? What did you put through Babelfish???

And what's all that about putting babies in ovens?

HMcMellon 8 years, 1 month ago

"Tiller and his supporters ought to be imprisoned the minute Kline wins this election tomorrow."

And as soon as Phill has Tiller and all those 90 women in prison, Kline should move on to take on the masterbaters. Those lousy half-baby killers!

Grab your sword, Phill, and prepare to chase more windmills if Kansans are foolish enough to allow a nutcase like you to continue to pretend to be Attorney General.

Lifesupport 8 years, 1 month ago

To all of you who feel that the pre-born babies are not human, alive, etc. and therefore not worthy of society's protection, I want you to know what my son wrote. He was writing in response to embryonic stem cell research, but what he says about blastocysts also applies to fetuses.

"There is a difference between an embryo and a fully developed human. It must be understood, however, that the differences are not essential differences but only differences of appearance. Every human being is "a fertilized egg" or "a collection of cells" scientifically speaking. The visible differences are only due to the degree of development, not to a change in essence.

Being human is not the result of reaching a certain level of developmentan achievement which could be lost due to old age, an accident, or a number of factors. Being human means having a body and a spirit created in the image and likeness of God.

Because the difference between a blastocyst and an infant or between a blastocyst an adult is only one of degree of development and not of essence, blastocysts must be afforded the legal protection due to any human being. Therefore, it is not permissible to kill them even in the hope of obtaining some good. We cannot do evil in order to bring about good."

I know some of you will flip out over the image and likeness of God reference, but belief in a higher power or a spiritual being does not make us right wing religious nut cases. It is simply that our faith and spiritual practice calls us to care for the most defenseless and vulnerable among us.

Lifesupport 8 years, 1 month ago

willie_wildcat writes: "right thinker- yes I have I was in KCK and saw one of the scare trucks your kind likes to use to frighten people into thinking abortion is evil. The pictures did not bother me in facht (sic) I thought it was sad that they resort to such tactics. It is better than a wire hanger in a back alley that is for sure. Or did you forget that that was the only way that women could get an abortin (sic) before it was made safe and legal?

I guess that the "unborn" are more important to you than the those that are walking and breathing huh?"

You should know that the wire hangar in the back alley is more of myth than reality, more of a symbol than actual practice. Illegal abortions were done by certain doctors or other medical personnel on the side or after hours of their legitimate business. Legalization of abortion did not really raise the standard of care all that much.

It is a sad day when someone can look at a picture of a tiny human being torn apart on the side of a truck and not think it is evil. The truth hurts even if you try to deny it. Do you object to the news media showing other graphic images of war and disasters also?

The unborn are not more important to me than walking and breathing people, but I am not callous to their plight either. Pro-lifers have sent up more pregnancy resource centers to help women (free of charge) carry their babies to term than Planned Parenthood and the National Abortion Federation. PP and NAF could really help mothers before and after birth with the millions they get every year from the government. However, their abortion business seems more important to them than perinatal care and adoption referrals. Check their annual report numbers to see for yourself.

KEITHMILES05 8 years, 1 month ago

This has nothing to do with abortion. It has everything to do with Kline and politics and his OWN personal beliefs.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 1 month ago

I think P-man has gone beyond just being a nonsensical "conservative," and has gone straight-up nonsensical on us.

GOPConservative 8 years, 1 month ago

The extremists who are posting all the hyperbole above don't really care about abortion. They are only using the abortion issue as a smokescreen to promote fascism.

In fact, one of their own, Congressman Jim Ryun, made $300,000 in profit from criminal enterprises that included those that forced young girls into prostitution and then forced them to have abortions when Jim Ryun's clients made them pregnant.

You don't see any of the Phill Kline extremists above promoting the idea that their brother extremist Jim Ryun should sell that tainted real estate and give his $300,000 in abortion profits to the poor young girls he helped abuse.

Clearly, the issue for these extremists is NOT abortion. It is fascism.

The issue for the voters is whether or not we want to let Phill Kline get away with violating the American principle of "probable cause." This issue is whether we want to help Kline promote his fascist agenda of destroying basic Constitutional guarantees.

In America, government investigators are not allowed to search everyone's home to see if any of them have stolen merchandise, nor can they search everyone's private medical records to determine if anyone committed a crime.

In order to search private property or private information, the investigator must provide probable cause to the courts regarding the specific person who is the subject of the investigation. Anything short of this is fascism.

Fishing expeditions may be okay for the secret police in Communist China, but they have no place in the United States, especially in the Free State.

Vote for Paul Morrison and against the anti-American fascist, Phill Kline.

Lifesupport 8 years, 1 month ago

"And I am sure you understand that just because I think all women should have access to legal, medically-safe abortions, it doesn't necessarily make me a non-Christian." --- Machiavelli_mania

Just because abortion is legal does not make it safe. I just read of another abortuary being evicted in Chicago. The doctor is in trouble with the Board of Healing Arts. Not the kind of guy you want doing abortions. He isn't the first abortionists to have his license revoked or suspended. Abortion doctors aren't the cream of the crop and the legal procedure has maimed a multitude of women.

"Life" is not the ultimate condition. Why are you so eager to pull all those souls away from God, where they were happily merged, at one, with God? --- Machiavelli_mania

We all are going to die someday but that does not give human beings the right to kill other people especially the most innocent and vulnerable among us.

I do not know how you can call yourself Christian and not denounce the evil of abortion.