Representatives from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment will answer questions from neighbors tonight concerning a gasoline leak suspected of causing a fire at an Old West Lawrence home.
The public meeting comes as KDHE workers continue to investigate the leak that originated from now-removed underground gas tanks at the Presto Convenience Store, Ninth and Louisiana streets. The now-razed house stood to the east along Louisiana.
Trenches will be installed next to the station and will allow crews to continue to remove gas from soil, KDHE reported Tuesday.
Tests are no longer detecting gas fumes in the sewers near the area.
The meeting for area residents will begin at 7 p.m. on the second floor of the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department, 200 Maine, Suite B.