Archive for Friday, May 5, 2006

Kennedy: Medications to blame for crash

May 5, 2006

— Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car early Thursday near the Capitol, and a police official said he appeared to be intoxicated. Kennedy said he had taken sleep medication and a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness.

Kennedy, D-R.I., addressed the issue after a spate of news reports. His initial statement said, "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident."

Later, however, he issued a longer statement saying the attending physician for Congress had prescribed Phenergan on Tuesday to treat Kennedy's gastroenteritis, an inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

Comments

staff04 8 years, 7 months ago

I don't really buy his story, but at least he isn't taking bribes and shacking up with prostitutes courtesy of Mitchell Wade...

Kontum1972 8 years, 7 months ago

Ii is not just the Kennedy's..... that whole crew in washington who run our government are to blame for everything that goes on here in the states and around the world..every one who voted for that boob in the WH are to blame for messing everything up..can you say we are all better off than we were 10 years ago or more? Want to know why people want to be politicians?

Because it puts them above the Law..and all the little perks they get at our expense

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it. You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society.They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

this costs them nothing...nada..zilch.....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds

our tax dollars at work..... so it is not just the Kennedys....its the whole LOT...

scoundrels....

when will ....we the people!.... take back America....?

meggers 8 years, 7 months ago

rightthinker,

This AP-Ipsos poll says Bush's overall approval rating is 33% and it goes on to point out the increasing number of conservatives abandoning Bush. What poll are you looking at?

staff04 8 years, 7 months ago

Not if his buddies keep resigning in scandal, the numbers won't go up.

He's implicated in the Duke Cunnigham poker party/hookers/limousine scandal... All over CNN right now.

staff04 8 years, 7 months ago

Kennedy announces he's going into rehab. Live on CNN right now.

Wilbur_Nether 8 years, 7 months ago

Kontum1972, you're wrong. You cut-and-paste wrong information; check out the true situation at snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/pensions.asp

meggers 8 years, 7 months ago

rightthinker,

Can you post a link to the poll? I'm curious about whether or not it was just an online poll people on the Fox site could click on, or something more scientific.

BOE 8 years, 7 months ago

Still doesn't explain the " late for a vote", remark. ???

Late? Yeah, by at least 3 hours.

meggers 8 years, 7 months ago

Arminius,

Yes I was serious. I guess I should have realized that if it was just a click-it poll on Fox, his approval rating probably would have been much higher than 38%. Still, I don't think asking for a link to a poll is an unreasonable request.

Holygrailale,

Thanks for the info. I'm still interested in knowing demographics, questions respondents were asked, etc., but I guess it isn't that big of a deal- I don't take much of anything coming from Fox seriously, anyway.

Godot 8 years, 7 months ago

Staff04, once again, I ask, does your Democrat congresswoman boss know you are divulging information on the Lawrence blog? Or does she pay you to salt the discussion with her little gems? Either way, I think you are out of line.

BOE 8 years, 7 months ago

Posted by holygrailale:

Here's what meggers wanted:

===

It's a great compilation of polls.

Thanks for the link, hadn't been there in a long while.

shanefivedyes 8 years, 7 months ago

This guy was trashed and needs help.I hope he gets it.

shanefivedyes 8 years, 7 months ago

I am sure I read that he reeked of alcohol... This is not a partisan issue, the guy needs help.

shanefivedyes 8 years, 7 months ago

You are still trying to protect him... Its not a partisan issue, This guy needs help. Why is it when your on the same side you dig up, make up... anything to make it sound better then it is. Shame on you!