From the Lawrence Daily World for Feb. 22, 1906: "Mrs. A.W. Lamb had her left hand badly burned this morning fighting a fire that started in her home with the explosion of liquid stove polish with which she was working. She kept her head and quickly put out the fire before it could spread but she received painful burns. : Lawrence is at last getting light. For several months the city has been in comparative darkness with the exception of Massachusetts Street. Last night, there were 50 arc lights burning in the city, nearly as many as were burning when there were gas lamps. The Electric Light Co. has been working for some time to get this done."
Old home town - 100 years ago today
February 22, 2006