Britney Spears says she went 'a little too far'
New York - After igniting a media firestorm by flashing her apparent lack of underwear to the paparazzi, Britney Spears is finally talking.
"It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends," the singer wrote in a posting Thursday on her Web site.
"It's also been 2 years since I've even celebrated my birthday. Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected, and I probably did take my new found freedom a little too far. Anyway, thank God for Victoria's Secrets' new underwear line! I look forward to a new year, new music and a new me."
Spears, the mother of two young sons, celebrated her 25th birthday on Dec. 2. She has been unleashing her inner wild child since filing for divorce last month from Kevin Federline, her husband of two years.
Laura Bush endures fashion faux pas at Washington party
New York - First lady Laura Bush hosted one of Washington's biggest parties Sunday wearing a splendid red dress from Oscar de la Renta.
Then a second lady showed up wearing the exact same dress.
And then a third lady and even a fourth lady followed suit.
To avoid embarrassing her guests at the White House reception before the Kennedy Center Honors, Bush quickly slipped into a black lace gown.
The style slipup left fashion insiders wondering: How could a first lady let this happen?
"If you're going to buy from the collection, request that it be made in a color that wasn't shipped to stores," pointed out Washington Post fashion critic Robin Givhan.
Because Bush's style team likely bought the $8,400 dress - an embroidered tulle jacket and floor-length trumpet skirt - at a store instead of from the designer directly, de la Renta probably is not to blame.
Letitia Baldridge, Jacqueline Kennedy's chief of staff and White House social secretary, said Jackie O would never have let that happen.
"Jacqueline Kennedy, when she was first lady, made sure, and her couturiers made sure, that nobody else wore that dress that season," she told CBS News.
Clooney's company buying rights to Grisham book
Los Angeles - George Clooney will produce a movie based on John Grisham's "The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town."
"It's a project in development," said Clooney's publicist, Stan Rosenfield.
He declined to release details of the agreement, but said no decision had been made on whether Clooney, 45, might direct or appear in the film.