Archive for Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Driver charged in road-rage incident

September 27, 2005

A 23-year-old Lawrence man has been charged in connection with a road-rage incident involving a handgun during the weekend in the 4400 block of Wimbledon Drive.

Clayton L. Funk, 23, Lawrence, was charged Monday with one count of attempted aggravated robbery and one count of aggravated battery.

Police said Funk was unhappy with the driving of a 21-year-old Lawrence man and followed him to Wimbledon Drive about 2:16 a.m. Sunday. During a confrontation, police said, Funk produced a handgun and demanded the other man's wallet.

Several shots from the gun were fired during a struggle, but no one was injured, said Sgt. Dan Ward, a Lawrence Police spokesman. The victim also suffered cuts from being struck on the head with the handgun, Ward said.

Funk remained in the Douglas County Jail Monday with bond set at $30,000.

Comments

bearded_gnome 9 years, 5 months ago

Glad Clayton L. Funk is in the county lockup...anybody know where this road rager lives? be nice to know...

jwestbrook22 9 years, 5 months ago

Yes, I know where he lives. I worked with him, and I am also a friend of his. He is a good guy who made a mistake. But there are many people on the road that are much worse than he is. Anhd I can tell you that there is much more to the story than what the LJW has posted.

jmelynn05 9 years, 5 months ago

Yes I also know Clayton and he is a very good guy. Like jwestbrook said there is more to it than what LJW posted. I think i would know the best I was in Claytons truck when this all happened.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 5 months ago

Okay... I'll accept westbrook and melyn... there might be more than is in the story...not surprising...however why haven't you elaborated instead of hinting? please go ahead.

DGL 9 years, 5 months ago

To the editors of the LJW--I just want you to know that I'm cancelling my cable subscription. This is better than reality TV!

bearded_gnome 9 years, 5 months ago

is there more to this, then, JWestbrook et al?