Archive for Thursday, September 15, 2005

Low pump prices draw a crowd

September 15, 2005

A local radio station giving away gas for next to nothing caught plenty of drivers' attention and caused quite a commotion for many people's evening commute. The first 105 people to pull up to the 23rd Street Zarco 66 station at 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon were able to fill their tanks for $1.05 a gallon.

Comments

sittinthefence 8 years, 7 months ago

"Posted by quitbitchin (anonymous) on September 15, 2005 at 6:50 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Get a freakin life for christ sake! You people find something to btch about around every corner. If someone came to your home to offer you a million bucks, you'd btch because they interrupted you while you were b*tching on your computer!!!"

The irony meter just sprang through the roof. Perfect case of pot/kettle/black

quitbitchin 8 years, 7 months ago

Steve Jacob 8 years, 7 months ago

Just wondering...105 people saved appx. $15, (15 Gallon max) on gas. If they did a contest, where the first 105 people got free $15 in cash, would there be as big of traffic jam? Would it have been a bigger deal or not?

People are weird.

redmorgan 8 years, 7 months ago

Yep, it made my commute a nightmare, as well. At first, I thought there had been a bad accident that was blocking the traffic. Brilliant idea. Great location. Perfect timing. (sarcasm)

Bunny_Hotcakes 8 years, 7 months ago

I'm sure you'd be calling me names if I were complaning that emergency vehicles were blocked from getting to the scene of an accident, which if you'd seen the tie up was a very real possibility. Grow up.

neopolss 8 years, 7 months ago

It was a one time stunt. Don't be such a bit@h.

Bunny_Hotcakes 8 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, that's TOTALLY it. I was just jealous. Couldn't have anything to do with it making me late for class--definitely not that. I have nothing better to do than to sit in traffic and watch Suburbans idle with their windows rolled up and AC cranked while they burn half a tank for the "privlege" of filling up with cheap gas so they can lather, rinse, and repeat.

If it weren't a bunch of idiot DJs pulling some stupid drive time stunt, I could see the idea of them making a point about gas prices. Considering the source, though, I'm going to chalk it up to a lame radio station pulling a lame trick.

monkeywrench1969 8 years, 7 months ago

Sounded like a good idea to prove the gas prices could be lower. The Zarco stations have consisently been lower since the hikes from terrorism "threat" affected speculations and Katrina.

You didn't get in line quick enough huh.

hammysammy 8 years, 7 months ago

Thanks 105.9 for making my commute an absolute nighmare. What a brilliant scheme. 23rd St, 4:00, cheap gas. It was most stupid, annoying thing ever. It added 40 minutes to my commute.

Bunny_Hotcakes 8 years, 7 months ago

These jackasses thought they were pretty funny when I called them yesterday to ask what the hell they thought they were doing. Thanks for nothing, 105.9. I'll be listening to the Jayhawk Network on V100 from here on out. As if abandoning anything resembling decent music wasn't bad enough.