The 48th Annual Maple Leaf Festival in Baldwin is in full swing, and folks from miles around have come to the rural Douglas County community in search of arts and crafts, music and kettle corn. The festival features food vendors, crafts and a parade, and continues today.
"There's a lot of tradition involved with the festival," said Nancy Crisp, chairwoman of the Maple Leaf Festival. "The people who started this 48 years ago had an idea of celebrating the community, like a lot of small towns. This is a celebration of the history and the community of Baldwin, and we really try to bring out those themes."
- 6News video: Residents enjoy food, music at annual festival (10-16-05)
- Maple Leaf Festival slated to begin this weekend (10-13-05)
- Past stories about the Maple Leaf Festival
- Past photo galleries from this story
- Coverage from the Baldwin City Signal
- 6News coverage of the 2004 Maple Leaf Festival
- 6News coverage of the 2003 Maple Leaf Festival
- Official Maple Leaf Festival 2005