- KU leads the all-time series, 154-71, and has won nine of the last 10 meetings. KU split with the Huskers last season, winning 78-67, on March 3 at Allen Fieldhouse after falling, 74-55, on Feb. 15 in Lincoln, Neb.
- KU is 42-7 versus NU at Allen Fieldhouse, last losing to the Huskers in 1999.
- Bill Self is 3-1 versus NU and Barry Collier 1-7 against KU.
- It's expected Jayhawks Christian Moody (ankle), C.J. Giles (flu) and Michael Lee (shoulder) will play tonight.
- NU had a four-game win streak snapped Saturday at home against Texas. The Huskers entered that game with wins at Colorado and Tennessee and over Montana State and Kansas State at Devaney Center.
- Aaron Miles' next 10-assist game will pass Jacque Vaughn for most career double-figure assist games at KU. Both top the KU list with 18.
- KU has made at least one three-point goal in 159 straight games.
- NU forward John Turek has played in 100 career games. He has earned an undergraduate degree in just 31/2 years. He'll start working toward an MBA second semester.
- Turek has led NU in blocked shots each of the past three years, including tying the NU freshman record with 39 blocks in 2001-02. He currently paces the squad with 18 rejections, two ahead of Wes Wilkinson's 16 blocks. He's trying to become the first Husker to lead the the squad in four consecutive seasons.
- Collier is 64-68 in five years at Nebraska. He has led NU to one postseason appearance, last year's NIT.
- Freshman Joe McCray has been named the Big 12 rookie of the week two times. He is the first Husker freshman to earn more than one rookie-of-the-week honor in a season. McCray needs three three-pointers to tie the NU freshman record of 44 set by Eric Piatkowski in 1991.
- Jake Muhleisen is believed to be the first three-year captain in NU history. A native of Lincoln, he has roomed with NU football team co-captain and career tackle leader Barrett Ruud each of his four years of college.
January 18, 2005