For Sunday, Jan. 16, 2005. Those with birthdays today: Often, you don't realize the effect you have on others. Much that occurs needs to happen behind the scenes. You grow and develop in new ways because of a willingness to revive your thinking and transform emotionally. Symbolically your home evolves into a sanctuary where you can be yourself, vulnerable and open. f you are single, you will want to get close to a potential sweetie rather than date a lot. You become a homebody. If you are attached, you both want to spend time at home, away from day-to-day problems. Cocooning together, you add certain touches that increase the quality of your life.
The stars show the kind of day you'll have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- *** Others tap into your opinions, views and perspectives. Though you could be overwhelmed on some level, you might also be flattered. Relax your mind. Play chess or Scrabble. Brainstorm all you want. Listen to great music. Tonight: Whatever you want.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- ** Maintain a low profile, spending time with one special person. Judge an old situation or problem with new eyes. A partner tosses in yet another perspective. Understand that decisions might not be needed yet. Tonight: Contemplate your options.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- *** Everyone is changeable, you included. Hook up with friends. Go to the movies together; catch a game -- but have long-overdue conversations. You might be surprised at how someone else sees a situation. Tonight: Where the action is.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- ** You're on top of events. Recognize that a parent or older friend wants and needs your attention. Investigate what actions you might take to make someone more comfortable. Pace yourself, as you might need to handle a lot. Tonight: In the limelight.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 24)
- *** Continue to use your unusual insightfulness. Listen well and follow through on an impulsive thought. Your fiery nature helps direct you. Don't wallow in upset or problems. If tired, then nap. You need extra time just for yourself. Tonight: Start thinking about a midwinter break.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- ** Hang with one other person and maximize the easy nature of the day. Your plans need to revolve around the two of you, even if you disappoint someone else. Remember, you cannot make everyone happy all of the time. Tonight: Be a duo.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- **** You tell it like it is, though you might want to change plans. Laughter surrounds friends and socializing. Let go of responsibilities; don't worry -- they won't go away. Listen and revive your opinions. Tonight: Ask questions.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- * You might be saying "mush" to others to get them going. You have a lot of turf to cover very quickly. Make clear what you expect from those around you. Socializing might be nice, but you have much to do. Tonight: Relax.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- **** Allow the child within you to come out. Children and adults reveal their frisky, playful personality. Don't worry if a happening gets out of control. Tonight: Why make it an early night?
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- ** Build on a personal relationship that gives you a lot of security. Reveal more of yourself and be willing to be vulnerable. You might scare yourself, but at the same time, you will help break down a barrier. Tonight: Don't stray from home.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- *** Friends find you. You think you are tired? You perk up as you are dragged out the door, as you're off on an adventure. Let go and allow more happiness into your life. Tonight: Swap jokes.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- ** Putting in some overtime adds to your professional stature. An investment involving your image or long-term community commitments pays off. Tonight: Your treat.