Archive for Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Seniors encouraged to call about aid

December 27, 2005


Senior residents of Douglas, Jefferson or Shawnee counties who may need help living independently can call the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging to find out whether they qualify for funds from the Senior Care Act.

The program provides funds for in-home services for seniors, such as attendant care and homemaker and personal emergency-response monitoring. The services can vary by county and are offered on a sliding-fee scale based on an individual's income and assets.

For more information about eligibility and the Senior Care Act, call (785) 235-1367 or (800) 798-1366.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.