Archive for Thursday, December 1, 2005

Error of tact

December 1, 2005

To the editor:

It's easy to tell Paul Mirecki has been in an academic tower too long. I guess his department of religious studies doesn't offer "tact" or "respect" in its ethical curriculum. In sports jargon, Mirecki would be guilty of the classic "giving them bulletin board material." You can think it, but it's better if you don't write it. Thanks to the professor's weak and ill-disguised attempt at humor, these people have ammunition. Good job!

Dr. Robert F. Rauktis,

Lawrence

Comments

DuQuesne 8 years, 4 months ago

I know. I know. I shouldn't be fearful. The goal isn't to destroy me, but to empty me out and fill me back up with love for BB. The Thought Police are my friends. And, I am grateful to the Ministry of Truth for the announcement that the weekly chocolate ration will be increased from 10 grams to 8.

Ah, Winston. We hardly knew ye. -Schuyler DuQuesne

har_de_har_har 8 years, 4 months ago

DuQuesne, report to the Temple of Good Thought to receive punishment for your thoughtcrime.

DuQuesne 8 years, 4 months ago

I just read the Terms of Use Agreement, and I stand corrected. I'd say "chastised" but don't want to upset the spank freaks. (Oops! Did I almost do it again?)

I did, indeed, make what should be construed as a 'sexual' remark; I just thought it was too obscure to be understood by those at whom it was directed. It was, after all, meant as a metaphor; I'd never actually suggest such a thing to anyone who probably doesn't brush and floss regularly.

I apologize. I'm not sorry, but I apologize.

Sheesh.

-Schuyler DuQuesne

DuQuesne 8 years, 4 months ago

Removed by staff ? Indeed!

I say again I get offended almost every day, and the sun still seems to rise and set at the predicted times.

I suppose "bite me" is more acceptable? - Schuyler DuQuesne

KayCee 8 years, 4 months ago

My, my, aren't these 'intellegent' comments.

"these annoying, whining, self-righteous fundies". "the wackos pushing ID/creationism"

Where does that put you in the rational, logical fact line?

blessed3x 8 years, 4 months ago

DuQuesne,

Nice. What a classy person you must be. Your mother must be really proud.

Sheesh.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

My only complaint with Mirecki is a) not realizing that his email to the listserve might be made public and/or b) apologizing for a reasonable reaction to the wackos pushing ID/creationism into public school science classrooms (and anywhere else they can.)

DuQuesne 8 years, 4 months ago