- Columbus Day celebrated. Most banks closed, most financial markets open.
- Gannett, Johnson & Johnson, Merrill Lynch, SunTrust Banks, Intel issue quarterly reports.
- SEC meets to consider market manipulation rules.
- Federal Communications Commission meets to consider new rules on broadband service over power lines and to small businesses.
- Bank of America, Citigroup, General Motors, Southwest Airlines, Sun Microsystems issue quarterly reports.
- Economic indicators: August trade balance.
- Economic indicators: September producer prices, retail sales and industrial production, October consumer sentiment.
Copyright 2018 The
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
We strive to uphold our values for every story published.